The Dark Knight Rises

Pale Horse

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Bane looks stupid.

I still can't get over the Alien Face-Hugger

Other than that, what's the draw disecting the photos.

Speculation. America's infamous for it. Just look at our Economy system.

I hope he's allowing all this crap out as red herring.

With a cast so large, I too, hope you're right.

If Bane lasts any longer than Scarecrow in Dark Knight I'll be surprised.

I'll say this much, if Bane has 1/4 of the characterization of the joker, I'll be just as surprised. Good hero's need better villians. You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. I hope Bane too, is the side show.

The Man

The...Catpod?

ZZ2B0CFA71.jpg

His-res option...

JP Jones

kongisking said:
I'm looking at this in two ways:

1) the scene is going to be altered for night-lighting in post

or

2) Batman being forced to come out in the day to stop Bane breaking out prisoners? Mighty smart of Bane to do such a thing in daylight, thus forcing the Batman to come out of his element: darkness. Remember what Joker said? The criminals of Gotham were afraid to go out at night because of him being there waiting. So if you really wanna pull a crime in Gotham, do it in the day!

As for those folks on AICN saying Batman's costume looks like crap in the daytime, I say this: I love his suit in the Nolan films, and this might possibly be the whole point of Bane's plan, to make Batman come out during daylight so that the whole city sees how dumb he looks in broad sunshine. Either way you look at it, it could be considered brilliance by Nolan and co.

Yes, I'm a shameless Nolan lover, so feel free to take any of my comments as being unobjective...

P.S. Man, was it hard not saying 'Bats' during that post, out of respect to WillKill. I dunno, I just fine the nickname hilariously silly and yet endearing...
I LOVE Begins and like The Dark Knight very much, I think Nolan was a great choice to re-invent the franchise, but the movies aren't perfect. You need to except that The Dark Knight has problems. You may be right with some things that you defend, but defending the sillyness of the suit? Let it go.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
JP Jones said:
I LOVE Begins and like The Dark Knight very much, I think Nolan was a great choice to re-invent the franchise, but the movies aren't perfect. You need to except that The Dark Knight has problems. You may be right with some things that you defend, but defending the sillyness of the suit? Let it go.

It's a superhero movie. The silliness of the suit (which I don't really see, because it seems like a well-handled version of a generic necessity) seems inescapable.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Attila the Professor said:
It's a superhero movie.

edna+mode.jpg

Edna Mode: Milan, darling. Milan. Supermodels. Heh! Nothing super about them... spoiled, stupid little stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves. Feh! I used to design for *gods*! ... No Capes!

Last edited by a moderator:

Montana Smith

It's a superhero movie. The silliness of the suit (which I don't really see, because it seems like a well-handled version of a generic necessity) seems inescapable.

I like the practical military application Bat-suit, too. It has more street cred than some previous designs.

Such as,

1aa85050-a3a5-45b9-bf3e-8840265bf0ed_batman_Adam_West.jpg

or,

article-1380045-0BC01F3800000578-179_634x694.jpg

Lance Quazar

I must say, I agree. I've wondered what it would have been like to come to KotCS without knowing what was going to happen.

Wouldn't have made it any better!

JP Jones

I don't understand what your view is. I never gave an opinion of the suit. I gave and opinion of Kongisking trying to defend everything about the Dark Knight (even the suit,and how it looks in the daytime).

TheMutt92

I like it... it's different. And not in a bad way. Plus, I have a feeling there may be more to this outfit.

WillKill4Food

TheMutt92 said:
Plus, I have a feeling there may be more to this outfit.
God, I hope so. She looks more like a Special Ops agent than a super-hero/villain. I'm also afraid she's going to be too much of an ally to Batman, given the bike pic; they need to portray her as a morally ambiguous character.

What I'm hoping is that the "mad scientist" character played by Israeli actor Alon Abutbul is actually Hugo Strange. It's unlikely, but the pics that have been leaked (perhaps intentionally) aren't giving me a lot of hope. After Inception, I don't think any Nolan film could live up to the hype of DKR.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
JP Jones said:
I don't understand what your view is. I never gave an opinion of the suit. I gave and opinion of Kongisking trying to defend everything about the Dark Knight (even the suit,and how it looks in the daytime).

Implicitly you did. Complaining about kongisking defending the suit implies that you think the suit is silly looking. And, as Montana suggests...

Montana Smith said:
I like the practical military application Bat-suit, too. It has more street cred than some previous designs.

...it's hard to tell what would be better. So, I don't think it's silly, save for the part where there's a grown-man dressing up in an outfit inspired by a bat - a part which is inescapable.

WillKill4Food

WillKill4Food said:
What I'm hoping is that the "mad scientist" character played by Israeli actor Alon Abutbul is actually Hugo Strange. It's unlikely, but the pics that have been leaked (perhaps intentionally) aren't giving me a lot of hope. After Inception, I don't think any Nolan film could live up to the hype of DKR.
Also, do any of you know if this was de-bunked?
E! Online said:
...chatting to E! Online, Oldman dropped a hint about the foe in the next Batman movie. "I think it's a villain from one of the old, old, from way back from the old comics," Oldman said. "It is a Batman villian... It's not going to be the Joker."

So, that's someone other than Bane and other than Catwoman? Oldman wasn't offering more clues, simply adding, "If I told you who the villain was, they'd kill me."

It seems that Christopher Nolan might still have a fair few surprises up his sleeve...

JP Jones

Implicitly you did. Complaining about kongisking defending the suit implies that you think the suit is silly looking.
I don't think it's silly. Don't tell me what I'm thinking, you're not that intellegent, my friend.

WillKill4Food

JP Jones said:
You may be right with some things that you defend, but defending the sillyness of the suit? Let it go.
JP Jones said:
Don't tell me what I'm thinking, you're not that intellegent, my friend.
Indeed...

Anyway, there seems to be hardly any room for doubt (I was hoping otherwise) that Cotillard is Talia, now:
article-2022692-0D4DCE0000000578-543_634x819.jpg

Last edited:
Goonie said:
The costume's tight. I'm satisfied. I am talking about Anne's... (y)

That "costume" does look tight, probably movement inhibiting in some ways. Though Im guessing she was somehow already familiar with getting into that Bat-pod riding position.....

Attila the Professor

Staff member
JP Jones said:
I don't think it's silly. Don't tell me what I'm thinking, you're not that intellegent, my friend.

So you're nitpicking that somebody is defending something that you yourself have no problem with?

featofstrength said:
That "costume" does look tight, probably movement inhibiting in some ways. Though Im guessing she was somehow already familiar with getting into that Bat-pod riding position.....

Down, tiger.