I think the only "Frontier" left for INdy V HAS to be an

blueoakleyz

asian one.

Like some kind of Japan or Chinese mcguffin/legend. Something that will feel a bit obscure but very realistic.

Indy 1 was mostly Cairo/Egypt etc
Indy 2 was India
Indy 3 was Europe/Desert
Indy 4 was jungle

BUT either asian, or back to the desert, it HAS to feel like Indy 1 or 3.

caats

yeah China would be grand. they probably wouldn't be able to film there, but i would hope they'd leave the US. i'm sure the Philippines would oblige. Or i've thought Africa would be cool too.

emtiem

Asia would be great- a bit of Mongolia or Tibet or something so we can have a snowy Indy would be nice.
Greece is also somewhere crying out to have Indy visit- perhaps in the teaser at the beginning.

snake_surprise

Yeah the middle east for sure, then Lucas can copy the third and most recent Mummy movie, like how he used the first one to inspire Indy 4. :rolleyes:

Texas

We've never seen Indy in SubSaharan Africa

Its gotta be Africa, more specifically Subsaharan Africa. We've already seen China at the beginning of Temple of Doom. Its time to explore Subsaharan Africa, a place not seen in the Indy film universe.

I also like the idea of a snow-bound adventure to places like Siberia, Tibet, Central Asia.

Or how how about a Polynesian location (like New Zealand), that'd be cool too.

snake_surprise

I have always thought that Indy 4 (now, Indy 5) should have had a sizeable amount of scenes in a snow filled environment.

Visually it is different than what we have seen, and metaphorically, it would be interesting as a representation on the winter of Indy's career and life.

Ska

^ I'd love Indy in some lost snow filled temple. It'd be an opportunity for some new Indy gear! (y)

Indy movies haven't really dealt with Egyptian history...sure he's been in Egypt, but what about pharaohs, curses, etc.

Dr.Sartorius

blueoakleyz said:
asian one.

Like some kind of Japan or Chinese mcguffin/legend. Something that will feel a bit obscure but very realistic.

Indy 1 was mostly Cairo/Egypt etc
Indy 2 was India
Indy 3 was Europe/Desert
Indy 4 was jungle

BUT either asian, or back to the desert, it HAS to feel like Indy 1 or 3.

India is a part of Asia. Temple of Doom was set entirely in Asia. We begin in Shanghai, China and the adventure then continues into India in South Asia.

I wouldn't mind seeing an Indy movie set in Japan, Vietnam, or Indonesia though. The Indonesian jungle would be a great setting for an adventure.

sandiegojones

I think having a third of the film set in a snow filled part of the world would be cool. It gives the film a darkness because of the colorless environment and because of how harsh it can be. It worked for The Empire Strikes Back.

As long as they don't do any abominable snowmen I think they'll be okay since not too many people saw the recent Mummy film.

I like my idea (of course I do!) of Indy V starting with Indy in Cuba looking for an artifact (maybe Spanish or African in nature) on New Years Eve of 1958 and getting stuck in the Communist Revolution - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Revolution - and having to escape a la Last Crusade (did anyone ever wonder how Indy got to shore once the ship exploded?). We never see exactly how he escapes, he's just back in the USA.

Cuba was a staging ground for the Spanish during the slave trade so I thought that perhaps there could be some African artificat hidden there. Cubans also supported African revolutionaries so maybe that the way to have commies in Africa too. To go from Cuba to Africa to a wintry Northeast Asia could be a big adventure.

Stoo

Texas said:
Its gotta be Africa, more specifically Subsaharan Africa. We've already seen China at the beginning of Temple of Doom. Its time to explore Subsaharan Africa, a place not seen in the Indy film universe.

I also like the idea of a snow-bound adventure to places like Siberia, Tibet, Central Asia.
Sub-Sahara? The '50s are too late for a Zulu adventure so how about the Belgian Congo tangling with Mau Maus?
SKAbatula said:
I'd love Indy in some lost snow filled temple. It'd be an opportunity for some new Indy gear!
Too funny! This is exactly what I wanted for Indy 4 way back in August 2005 in this thread: Sphinx

"I like that idea. Personally, I would love to see Indy back in S.America
or somewhere else in Africa instead of the desert. "Last Crusade" was
too much of a re-hash and if Indy went back to Egypt for No.4 it would
be all too familiar. The Angkor/Ankor temples in Cambodia would be great
but, one could say, similar to "Doom".

Actually, I think it's time to go the opposite way. Have Indy in the snow.
So far, there have only been two brief scenes of him in the white stuff.
Just think about it, a brand new story and more gear for the Gear Heads."

sandiegojones said:
I think having a third of the film set in a snow filled part of the world would be cool. It gives the film a darkness because of the colorless environment and because of how harsh it can be. It worked for The Empire Strikes Back.

As long as they don't do any abominable snowmen I think they'll be okay since not too many people saw the recent Mummy film.
Yes! There was a photo posted from another board of a diorama using a mix of an Indy/Hoth Han Solo figure (it seems)
with a photo backdrop and it just fires the imagination. (I guess the Manitou of the Canadian northwest is too similar
to an abominable snowman.:()

So far, we've seen only him 3 brief times: Outside The Raven, in the raft, and "Mystery of the Blues".
We need MORE SNOW!

Last edited by a moderator:

Crack that whip

Three words:

INDY

IN

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!

(j/k... :p ;) )
Actually, I rather like SDJones' idea, re: Cuba. And I, too, would also like to see Indy in the snow more.

Stoo

Crack that whip said:
INDY

IN

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!
Have Indy do a c.1959 exosphere-to-earth, parachute jump! He could get caught on a Commie rocket
and forced to make a high-altitude bail out. (This scene would out-fridge The Fridge.:eek::p Well, not really,
since it's been done but it certainly would be in the same vein.)

Joseph Kittinger

Crack that whip

Stoo said:
Have Indy do a c.1959 exosphere-to-earth, parachute jump! He could get caught on a Commie rocket
and forced to make a high-altitude bail out. (This scene would out-fridge The Fridge.:eek::p Well, not really,

Joseph Kittinger

You may know that Star Trek: Generations was originally to begin with Kirk recreationally parachuting from actual, above-atmosphere orbit in a special suit, but the sequence was deleted from the final film.

:)

emtiem

sandiegojones said:

Shame, because 'Indiana Jones and the Abominable Snowmen' is quite a fun title, I think! :)

sandiegojones said:
I like my idea (of course I do!) of Indy V starting with Indy in Cuba looking for an artifact (maybe Spanish or African in nature) on New Years Eve of 1958 and getting stuck in the Communist Revolution - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Revolution - and having to escape a la Last Crusade

That's really pretty nice.

Stoo said:

Is it wrong that I rather like that idea too? :)

No Ticket

Knowing Lucas and Spielberg... Indy V will all take place with-in the continental United States and they'll film it all at George's Ranch.

sandiegojones

Indiana Jones and the Rocketship to the Moon?

Can you imagine Indy with a fedora on top of the space suit bubble?

Anyway, what in Africa could be Indy's prize? A tribal mask with powers? I know there are stories of ghosts in the African jungle. Maybe that could fit with GL's ideas for a ghost tale?

I saw a show yesterday about giant spiders. Could you imagine foot long spiders in the jungle too?

Or what if Indy isn't after an artifact (at least in the finale), but a mythical animal, like "Creature from the Black Lagoon"?