Can we get Indy around the globe ?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Quality, precisely. Though "trite" probably wasn't the best word. Cheap would be better. The box is marked Ages 3+ and the painting on the figures was almost inside the lines. There were gaps in the joints and the overall stance of Indy didn't lend itself to this project.

InexorableTash

The only other figure they have at the moment is a 6" TOD figure. The store is looking even sadder than normal, although I did pick up a "pith helmet" today to cut down the sun a bit.

(Avoid the parks today if you have a choice. I have never seen it this crowded.)

russds

Amazing effort on this by everyone, good job. Sounds like sadly the figure/toy/adventurer has been lost?

I've also been dissatisfied with the selection at the Disneyland store. Could we not use something like amazon? It seems they have the same as the original? http://goo.gl/JfhkB8

Pale Horse

Staff member
InexorableTash said:
The only other figure they have at the moment is a 6" TOD figure. The store is looking even sadder than normal, although I did pick up a "pith helmet" today to cut down the sun a bit.

(Avoid the parks today if you have a choice. I have never seen it this crowded.)

What about tomorrow. :p

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
Quality, precisely. Though "trite" probably wasn't the best word. Cheap would be better. The box is marked Ages 3+ and the painting on the figures was almost inside the lines. There were gaps in the joints and the overall stance of Indy didn't lend itself to this project.

Should have said this right off previously: I'm a big fan of this project and always enjoy the different ways folks find to keep the spirit alive. That said, I think it's a drag the way the creativity here has been co-opted by others (Star Wars fans) and respectfully suggest that maybe it's time to take things in a different direction.

Just one random idea: I'm greatly enjoying all cat lockdown pics coming out of Belgium.

Perhaps you should try a different figure -- say -- the Grail Knight and do a Grail Knight Lockdown series.

You can get him on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indiana-Jon...464916903ea1915a6fd97f&pid=100508&rk=1&rkt=1&

Sure, you likely could get another Indy figurine on Ebay as well but indulge me.

InexorableTash

russds said:
Amazing effort on this by everyone, good job. Sounds like sadly the figure/toy/adventurer has been lost?

I've also been dissatisfied with the selection at the Disneyland store. Could we not use something like amazon? It seems they have the same as the original? http://goo.gl/JfhkB8

I'm still holding out hope for the original. And I think Pale and I are just riffing on the possibility of a replacement figure acquired directly from one of the holy shrines of Indy fandom, to give it some extra cache, although that doesn't seem to be too feasible.

the search for henry jones jr....

Perhaps we should get a Henry Jones sr figure to travel the world looking for clues as to the location of his lost son?

It would be a new experience for him.:p

Pale Horse

Staff member
Ain't social media fun...of all things, cats.

Joe Brody said:
Perhaps you should try a different figure -- say -- the Grail Knight and do a Grail Knight Lockdown series.

I'm down for an interim figure.

Maybe he could spearhead the quest to find, missing mini...

41On1CqNvkL.jpg

Only $9.99

Joe Brody

I like both ideas: Henry Sr and Monkey Man. I'm on the road now but will attempt to procure both upon my return and will ship to first taker.

inky_skin

I appreciate your input everyone, but can we just pause for a moment while I collect my thoughts on how to proceed...

Joe Brody

Sorry! I'll hold fast. I confess to not having read the whole thread (I'm the type that just likes to look at pictures) and didn't realize this was managed.

inky_skin

Joe Brody said:
Sorry! I'll hold fast. I confess to not having read the whole thread (I'm the type that just likes to look at pictures) and didn't realize this was managed.

No problem Joe ! Nice to see some enthusiasm left for Indy's travels ;)

Last edited:

inky_skin

Okay everyone, here's the situation as I see it...

This phase of the Travelling Indy Project is at an end. The figure that we passed between us is unlikely to be recovered and for all intents and purposes must be considered lost. We've (Pale Horse, Stoo and I) exhausted all reasonable avenues of investigation to retrieve Indy without success. While The Drifter signed-on with the best of intentions, he has apparently encountered personal issues which mean that his participation in our trivial game is far down his list of priorities. Let's leave the explanation at that.

However, the spirit of the Travelling Indy Project lives on. While the loss of the original figure breaks continuity to an extent, it by no means negates the goal. I started this adventure to bring together a group of disparate individuals, united by their membership of The Raven (and love of the Indy films), by using Travelling Indy as a prop through which they could tell the story of themselves and their locales. From Billy Ray in Afghanistan to Stoo in Switzerland and Lance in Culver City (and all the notable stops in-between), I think it's been a huge success.

So, we continue. I'll replace the figure (customised so as to differentiate it from the original). My intent is to restart the journey in the New Year. I openly welcome your collective thoughts on how we can avoid this situation again in the future, how best to memorialise the amazing content that has come before, and your applications to host the good Doctor.

And maybe, just maybe, the original will resurface. He's been "lost" and recovered before as Rocket Surgeon will attest...

- From the desk of Inky Skin, Esq.

Im definately in, perhaps we could implement an insurance policy. Anyone wanting indy for a turn could pay a $20 paypal gift charge to inky skin, reimbursable upon the next recipient receiving indy and so on. This payment could be left in inky's ( or whoever is chosen as treasurer) till it time to return it. As a gift payment there would be no charges and no way to reclaim it should you be of unscrupulous nature.

Just a thought.

Pale Horse

Staff member
InexorableTash said:
What is the status of the accumulated ephemera? How much was still packed with Indy, and how much was stashed with Inky?

There were some priceless irreplaceable items therein. It was a true museum of artifacts from his travels.

For me having held some briefly, it's the biggest loss.

Look at this. It's worthless. Ten dollars from a vendor in the street. But I take it, I bury it in the sand for a thousand years, it becomes priceless...like the Ark. Men will kill for it. Men like you and me.

Black Hat says Road Trip.

_____

edit:

My only image of the items therein:

22980104589_a5df30c383_b.jpg

Last edited:

Lance Quazar

InexorableTash said:
What is the status of the accumulated ephemera? How much was still packed with Indy, and how much was stashed with Inky?

I seem to remember at some point that a lot of the accumulated bits of ephemera were archived separately from the travel package....is that the case?

Sadly, the greater loss here is not the figure but the journals, which obviously were traveling with Indy.

inky_skin

Lance Quazar said:
I seem to remember at some point that a lot of the accumulated bits of ephemera were archived separately from the travel package....is that the case?

Sadly, the greater loss here is not the figure but the journals, which obviously were traveling with Indy.

The majority of the emphemara remains in my care, awaiting suggestions on how to store / present it appropriately. As Lance highlights though, the true loss is the pair of journals.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Are the journals truly lost? Has that been officially confirmed?

We can send a search team in. I know just the guys. They really are much better than these clowns.

But jesting aside, I don't feel all options at this point have been exhausted. Someone sinister always holds a KEY piece of information.

"...pick up the phone, I'm always home, call me any time; just ring 362-4360, I lead a life of crime...."