Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Thread split. Trying to keep these Anthologies straight.
Kathleen Kennedy: "It’s still one of the stories that we absolutely want to tell. There is a lot of innovative technology in and around what it is we're doing with that story, so for a lot of reasons, we were comfortable postponing that. But we’re definitely still developing it." It doesn’t have a date, but it will probably come in 2020, after the conclusion of this new trilogy with Episode IX in 2019.
Are they... building a jetpack?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
James Mangold to write and direct.
It was rumored that Simon Kinberg, the writer-producer behind the X-Men franchise and films such as The Martian, was working on a Boba Fett movie. While Lucasfilm and Disney won't make any official confirmation, sources say that Mangold will co-write the script with Kinberg, who will also produce the Boba Fett project.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
December 29 on Disney+. Kathleen Kennedy in Empire Magazine:
"There really was virtually no previous development [of a Boba Fett project]. We never got very far with Josh, quite frankly, because we never developed anything specific with him. And Jim Mangold never worked on a Boba Fett story."

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I can't see Jabba's palace without thinking of Ford getting Salacious Crumb fired (but not Admiral Ackbar played by the same person), or Lucas snogging the second Sy Snootles.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Simon Kinberg speaks:

"Well, I never wrote a script to Boba Fett, but those other things, yes."

"Kathleen Kennedy who’s a hero of mine hired me and Michael Arndt and Larry Kasdan to spend a bunch of time together just brainstorming with George Lucas on future Star Wars movies. And we spent time up at Skywalker Ranch… it was kind of like a writer’s room. We had whiteboards, and me and Larry and Michael and Kathy’s team headed by Kiri Hart, we would just work together in the daytime and at night we would have dinner at the ranch and drink and Larry would tell stories about the original Star Wars movies he worked on and the Raiders movies and, you know, it was like heaven."

"I just got busy with other things and their focus also shifted away from some of the things we were working on. So, there wasn’t any particular reason. And also, my involvement would sort of wax and wane over the years because sometimes I was so immersed in the X-Men universe that I couldn’t really be present in the way that I needed to be present to focus on something as important as the Star Wars universe. And there were other times that I was more available, and I was a part of it. So yeah, I would love to do more in the future. I love Dave [Filoni], I love Jon [Favreau], I love Kathy [Kennedy]. I love everyone involved and keep in touch with kind of all of them in one form or another."

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Rumor:
A trusted and proven inside source for Giant Freakin Robot has shared that Harrison Ford will play Han Solo again. We hear that the actor recently filmed his part for an upcoming project. While Giant Freakin Robot’s source was unclear on what upcoming project Harrison Ford was on set for, we’re hearing that it was either The Mandalorian season 3 or The Book of Boba Fett. We also hear that Harrison Ford filmed a de-aged Han Solo for the project.

dprog

I personally am not sure about this new serie.

Boba Fett wasn't that interesting as a character for me and in this tv serie he wants to be something else than a Bounty Hunter.(I guess Lucasfilm doesn't want to make stories with where an evil bounty hunter murders people for money.)

Jonesy9906753

I think it's releasing tonight at Midnight PST. Looking forward to a proper yarn from Robert Rodriguez, Favreau and company.

indiana-jones-boba-fett.jpg

dprog

I think the first episode has been released.(Was just checking a Star Wars youtuber channel and he had streamed watching the first episode)

Forbidden Eye

Just one episode but so far looking pretty good.

Streaming has been the best possible thing to happen to Star Wars! In a way the franchise is now finally what George always intended it to be: a weekly matinee serial.

TheFedora

I watched the first episode. To be honest, I really enjoyed this episode. Really makes me excited for what is to come.

Jonesy9906753

I watched the first episode. To be honest, I really enjoyed this episode. Really makes me excited for what is to come.
The Sarlaac Sequence alone made the whole episode worth it. The big thing i'm enjoying is seeing Boba's arc fleshed out by regaining his strength amongst the Tusken Raiders and reinventing himself. Very satisfied with Ep 1.

Nerdpants

Robert Rodriguez is said to be directing a total of 3 out of the 7 episodes. However, 5 other directors have been announced. Does that mean that at least one episode will be directed by two people?

Jonesy9906753

Robert Rodriguez is said to be directing a total of 3 out of the 7 episodes. However, 5 other directors have been announced. Does that mean that at least one episode will be directed by two people?
So I checked my IMDB Pro. The directors of Episodes 2-5 are as follows

Episode 2 - Dave Filoni and Steph Green

Episode 3 - Jon Favreau

Episode 4 - Bryce Dallas Howard

Episode 5 - Kevin Tancharoen

Episodes 6 and 7 however, are veiled in mystery… Maybe George Lucas directed one of them ;)

ALSO! Worth noting that Cinematography Legend , Dean Cundey (Jurassic Park, Back to the Future) is credited for shooting episodes 2 and 4! Very eager to watch those ones.