Activity Books

walker

Hi all

I was in Borders last night and did my usual circuit to check for new Indy titles. Went into the children's activity section of the store and found the first two IJ sticker books (the regular and the "gold" edition).

Also found the IJ mad libs booklet. Be very careful with this one as it has spoilers in the later puzzles which have to do with KOTCS. Most of them I'd heard about before, but one of them was a MAJOR spoiler which I was really disasppointed to come across. It really ruined a big secret and now I'm sorry I even looked through it.

walker

Crack that whip

Thanks for the heads-up, and the warning.

Personally, I'd love it if they'd hold off on releasing spoiler merchandise at all until after a movie opens.

Re: availability of Indy stuff at Borders, I was at the local Borders here just days ago and could hardly find any Indy books. I really would like to pick up the junior novelizations of the original three movies, but they aren't putting them out where I can find them...

tupogirl

Crack that whip said:
Thanks for the heads-up, and the warning.

Personally, I'd love it if they'd hold off on releasing spoiler merchandise at all until after a movie opens.

Re: availability of Indy stuff at Borders, I was at the local Borders here just days ago and could hardly find any Indy books. I really would like to pick up the junior novelizations of the original three movies, but they aren't putting them out where I can find them...

I just got the Scholastic trilogy book set (with poster!) from my kids' book fair and it says it's a Scholastic only thing...

They don't have the set on the site that I got but it does have the individual books.

http://store.scholastic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchEndecaCmd?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&searchTerm=indiana+jones

And ToD mentions him being in WWI.

I live in between two Borders and I'm surprised at how vastly different their set ups are. One had a big display of the novels, one had them on a bottom shelf. One had the 3 in 1 volume of the original movies out in plain view, I don't even think the other one had it...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I'm assembling a list of activity books for the site, and every rock I look under reveals more. Have I overlooked any?

Happy House:
Raiders of the Lost Ark Coloring/Activity Book (1981)
Raiders of the Lost Ark Thing To Do and Color (1981)
Indiana Jones' Adventure Puzzles (1984)
Short Round's Action Puzzles (1984)
Temple of Doom Activity Book (1984)
Willie and Indy's Pencil Games (1984)

Price Stern Sloan
Super Q: Indiana Jones and his Life of Adventure (1989)
Indiana Jones Mad Libs (2008)

Golden:
Young Indiana Jones Chronicles: A Big Color/Activity Book (1992)
Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Puzzles (1992)
Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Perilous Puzzles (1992)
The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Sticker Fun (1992)

Scholastic:
Young Indiana Jones in the Curse of Kha (1993)
Indiana Jones Puzzle Adventure Storybooks: II (1991)

Pedigree:
Indiana Jones Activity Annual (2008)
Indiana Jones Winter Activity Annual (2008)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Annual 2009 (2008)
Indiana Jones Annual 2010 (2009)

Modern Publishing:
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Giant Coloring Book 1
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Giant Coloring and Activity Book 2
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Sticker Book

Dorling Kindersley (DK):
Golden Treasure Sticker Book (2008)
Heroes and Villains Sticker Book (2008)

Harper Collins:
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Activity Book

Last edited:

bladerunner13

tupogirl said:
I just got the Scholastic trilogy book set (with poster!) from my kids' book fair and it says it's a Scholastic only thing...

They don't have the set on the site that I got but it does have the individual books.

http://store.scholastic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchEndecaCmd?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&searchTerm=indiana+jones

And ToD mentions him being in WWI.

I live in between two Borders and I'm surprised at how vastly different their set ups are. One had a big display of the novels, one had them on a bottom shelf. One had the 3 in 1 volume of the original movies out in plain view, I don't even think the other one had it...

I tried to find the scholastic trilogy -- what are the individual titles as they are not listed in your link?

:(

Attila the Professor

Staff member
bladerunner13 said:
I tried to find the scholastic trilogy -- what are the individual titles as they are not listed in your link?

:(

Yeah, the link is about three years old now. But this one here would seem to be the Raiders novelization in question; you can get to the other two or three from there.

bladerunner13

Thanks...I have all the movie novelizations. I was hoping it was a third book in the Untold Tales (even though) the second one wasn't that great...

:D

Plaristes

I don't know if this counts as an activity book, but there was also the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Interactive Play-a-Sound book, adapted by Eric Furman for Publications International, Limited.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Plaristes said:
I don't know if this counts as an activity book, but there was also the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Interactive Play-a-Sound book, adapted by Eric Furman for Publications International, Limited.

Image6-3.jpg

Nope, this would be classed as a Storybook (now press the whip!):whip:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Moedred said:
I'm assembling a list of activity books for the site, and every rock I look under reveals more. Have I overlooked any?

Happy House:
Raiders of the Lost Ark Coloring/Activity Book (1981)
Raiders of the Lost Ark Thing To Do and Color (1981)
Indiana Jones' Adventure Puzzles (1984)
Short Round's Action Puzzles (1984)
Temple of Doom Activity Book (1984)
Willie and Indy's Pencil Games (1984)

Indiana Jones and his Life of Adventure (1989)

Golden:
Indiana Jones Puzzle Adventure Storybooks: II (1991)
Young Indiana Jones Chronicles: A Big Color/Activity Book (1992)
Young Indiana Jones Puzzle Book (1992)
The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Sticker Fun (1992)

Scholastic:
Young Indiana Jones in the Curse of Kha (1993)

Pedigree:
Indiana Jones Activity Annual (2008)
Indiana Jones Winter Activity Annual (2008)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Annual 2009 (2008)
Indiana Jones Annual 2010 (2009)

Modern Publishing:
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Giant Coloring Book 1
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Giant Coloring and Activity Book 2
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Sticker Book

Dorling Kindersley (DK):
Golden Treasure Sticker Book (2008)
Heroes and Villains Sticker Book (2008)

Harper Collins:
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Activity Book

Indiana Jones Mad Libs

Never leave home without it...

img876a.jpg

Image2aaa.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Updated the previous post as I gather cover images.

Play-A-Sound is filed under Movie Adaptations. The Carry Pack... it's not quite a book but not quite a cereal box either. Filing that away for now.

Saw this being auctioned as a sticker book... er, not quite. Just sticky.
promo_indy_smuckers.JPG

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I knew if I started assembling the page more books would surface. Great finds, JJ! Is Perilous Puzzles from 1992? I'm beginning to think the 1991 Golden Book is nonexistent. Once again I think we've got them all, but would be happy to be proven wrong.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
"Look where it's gotten you" ...that'll teach 'em to follow directions! Fantastic, I thought this book was a myth.

I suppose the carry pack qualifies as a book too... just!

Edit: on a side note, nice to see the Wikia site pillaging theRaider for a change. :)

Edit II: Though when I look at these other Alligator Books products, I have doubts about the Carry Pack. Still on the fence...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1847503284
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1847503292

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Moedred said:
Fantastic, I thought this book was a myth.

I'm surprised it taken so long but I guess collectors are not as philanthropic with information as you maybe lead to believe. Those that can share information usually choose not to and only on their terms. Sometimes I wonder why...:rolleyes:

...as for myself...

INDIANAJONESADVENTUREA.jpg

Indiana2.jpg

Moedred said:
Edit: on a side note, nice to see the Wikia site pillaging theRaider for a change.

With the potential size of all our collections shouldn't we be leading the way?

Last edited: