Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Bill Kelso

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other (post about it below)

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Great, enjoy your new jacket and post some pics. Be careful with the tight fitting, I have a 18year old Wested on a daily basis and I have changed the lining twice because it's rubbing against my jeans.

VKDG77

Sakis said:
Great, enjoy your new jacket and post some pics. Be careful with the tight fitting, I have a 18year old Wested on a daily basis and I have changed the lining twice because it's rubbing against my jeans.
Will do! I really like the fit.

VKDG77

I'll have the lady take some
Of me later today. But it really turned out well for an OTR

Im a noob so idk how to post pictures from the safari website version. Any help?

Also I'm sold on this jacket my lady offered to buy me the TOD as an xmas gift, she didn't really know what to get me.. So here comes my next question..

What skin? I like this raiders goatskin but I wish it was more matte. I was thinking of maybe doing the pre-distressed lamb skin. What're everyone's thoughts?

Major West

The predistressed lamb is a nice leather, but not a suitable colour for anything screen accurate. YOur ToD jacket won't look like a ToD jacket lol. It's best to stick with Authentic Lamb, Goat or Shrunken lamb. Shrunken lamb is not available on the ToD though. I would say Authentic Lamb, but it's brand new looking and has shine you said you weren't keen on with the goat. The shine wears off eventually or you can distress it off.

Re: the pics. You need to host the pictures somewhere like imgur and the post links or embed the links here.

VKDG77

Major West said:
The predistressed lamb is a nice leather, but not a suitable colour for anything screen accurate. YOur ToD jacket won't look like a ToD jacket lol. It's best to stick with Authentic Lamb, Goat or Shrunken lamb. Shrunken lamb is not available on the ToD though. I would say Authentic Lamb, but it's brand new looking and has shine you said you weren't keen on with the goat. The shine wears off eventually or you can distress it off.

Re: the pics. You need to host the pictures somewhere like imgur and the post links or embed the links here.
v

Thank you major west! I'll have to get another platform for the photos. It's nice don't get me wrong, but you're right, very shiny

VKDG77

So here's another question. If you can go with the Steele and homes TOD or the wested. Which do you prefer?!

Drones33

VKDG77 said:
So the jacket came in today. I was very scared of how it would turn out and let me tell you. It fits great. Keep in mind I like tight fitting clothing but this is just right. Almost waist high, not too slim but still shows off my upper body figure while looking great. Color is spot on which I was afraid it would be too dark.

I'll post a picture later. I'm going to attempt to shrink the sleeves. For me I like shorter sleeves. These were just a tad too long for my liking , so I'm going to try the shower treatment and shrink the sleeves up. Overall great experience and great jacket :whip:

Excellent, I?m glad you?re happy with it. (y)

Drones33

VKDG77 said:
So here's another question. If you can go with the Steele and homes TOD or the wested. Which do you prefer?!

For a ToD I?d probably stick with wested. Steele and Jones offer a beautiful Ribby Merino skin which is pretty damn close to screen accuracy for the Raiders jacket, not too sure what they offer for a ToD. Am guessing lamb and goat, which is available from wested for about £130 less than S&J, and will probably be ready in less than two weeks custom made, rather than three months from S&J.
Don?t get me wrong, Steele & Jones do amazing work, and Diego is a pleasure to deal with. But westeds ToD jackets are great.

Major West

VKDG77 said:

If I was wanting to pay more money and have the time to wait ( I believe 2-5 months) I would get a Steele and Jones because they will also distress the jacket just like the movie version, if you want. Also the Steele and Jones uses the screen accurate two prong buckles. The wested just uses standard buckles.

It depends how you view the situation. I'm happy with my ToD from wested. Either Goat or Authentic lamb are good choices. You can distress them yourself to look more like the movie jacket.

VKDG77

Drones33 said:
Excellent, I?m glad you?re happy with it. (y)
Thank you drone! And also thank you for the response with the TOD. I agree with both you and the Major. I love how they S&L looks but I'd have to sell a few things to cover it.

I'm sure it's been covered, but what's the best way to distress your jacket and not completely ruin it? I'm
Sure it's been asked but maybe it can be revisited ?

Major West

There isn't really a best way. There are several approaches. It's an area I'm still experimenting in myself. Time to start reading all the threads and googling information is the best advice I can give. This is the stage where you opt to buy a jacket that's been distressed, or research research research, and experiment.

Last edited:

Drones33

New Steele and Jones

Back in December I ordered a Raiders jacket from Steele and Jones, the Cazadora ‘36 in Ribby Merino lambskin. Got an email on Monday from Diego at S&J to say it was ready to be shipped. Should have it within a week or so. I’ll post some pics when it arrives.

VKDG77

I have to say, I ordered a Steele and Jones custom tod pre distressed. This jacket runs loops around my wested OTR. I'm not saying wested is poor quality or bad in any way. Just shows how incredible Steele and jones really is.

Glenville86

I personally have found the 3-Steel and Jones jackets I have bought to be a step up from Wested. Wested does usually make a decent jacket for the money. From my personal experience with Wested, they do not pay enough attention to their QC.

Major West

VKDG77 said:
I have to say, I ordered a Steele and Jones custom tod pre distressed. This jacket runs loops around my wested OTR. I'm not saying wested is poor quality or bad in any way. Just shows how incredible Steele and jones really is.

Steele and Jones is definitely worth the extra money; you're paying for the attention to detail only a fan vendor will give you. That said if you know how to distress a jacket properly you can work miracles with an OTR wested. Anyway Let's see some pictures, you still haven't posted any yet.

Last edited:

VKDG77

B4A70514-32B3-4D8A-8DE5-2F6420AF73E8_zpsmrbrqcec.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's just a few from the Steele and jones TOD. Couldn't get more to attach :/

Major West said:
Steele and Jones is definitely worth the extra money; you're paying for the attention to detail only a fan vendor will give you. That said if you know how to distress a jacket properly you can work miracles with an OTR wested. Anyway Let's see some pictures, you still haven't posted any yet.