Grand Theft Auto

Stoo

"Grand Theft Auto: The Movie"
Hmmm....It was already made into a movie (directed by & starring Ron Howard).:p

EvilDevo

Has everybody on these forums kindly signed the petition yet?
... and passed the message along to their friends and family?

... and posted an email at their place of work?

Michael24

I'm sure Rockstar is smart enough to know to kick this dumbass off their porch when he comes knocking on their door.

|ZiR|

Actually, I don't think Uwe Boll would be a bad choice for a GTA movie. Gratuitous violence and car chases is all the game is, right? Sounds like it was made for Boll; or better yet, Mr. Michael Bay.

I mean, it's not like anyone plays the games for their deep and immerse storylines. :rolleyes:

mr.wolf

if someone did make a GTA movie which character would they base it off of as far as the games go.

Finn

Staff member
Luckily that's just Uwe talking. No one has granted him any rights to do a GTA movie yet.

Rockstar likely ought to do the same as Blizzard, since they upon asking if Uwe could direct a movie based on the Warcraft franchise politely told him to... well, f**k off.

Michael24

Finn said:
Luckily that's just Uwe talking. No one has granted him any rights to do a GTA movie yet.

Rockstar likely ought to do the same as Blizzard, since they upon asking if Uwe could direct a movie based on the Warcraft franchise politely told him to... well, f**k off.

Haha!! I once read that Hideo Kojima (who handles all the Metal Gear games) said he would never allow Uwe Boll near that property after the story came out that Boll wanted to make an MG movie.

Katarn07

This is like doing Max Payne the movie. Why is it such a bad idea? Because they're original video game entities heavily inspired by Hollywood films of their genre! It's basically pointless. That's Hollywood for ya though!

adventure_al

GTA is completely over rated. Everyone I know seems to love it.

The creator doesn't live too far away from where I used to live actually.

Michael24

I like GTAIII, Vice City, and San Andreas and think they're pretty good games, but I don't care for the new one.

Iandiana

|ZiR| said:
Actually, I don't think Uwe Boll would be a bad choice for a GTA movie. Gratuitous violence and car chases is all the game is, right? Sounds like it was made for Boll; or better yet, Mr. Michael Bay.

Was having the same thought the other morning. Boll may not be a great film-maker but he's probably the only person with the stones to make the film the way fans would want it - violence filled.

I'm not a fan but whereas his early work is horrific Bloodrayne is passable as a film and I saw a trailer for a new horror movie he's done that actually looks pretty good.

No Ticket

The GTA series does have some pretty funny stuff. But I'm pretty sure they'd focus on all the wrong things if they made it into a movie.

Note: I didn't click that link at the top (shame on me), but I'm assuming that's what it says on there. That some guy wants to make a GTA movie.

adventure_al

What put me off the games was in the last one where you had to do the dancing and stuff. What alot of kack, it was just like a dance mat. not cool (n)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gamechangers

For now there's the Daniel Radcliffe BBC docudrama set during the releases of GTA III. Senator Hillary Clinton introduces the Family Entertainment Protection Act in a riveting finale viewers came for. Rockstar filed a lawsuit against the BBC for trademark infringement, suggesting they have their own cinematic plans.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Roger Corman, 2017:
I made Ron Howard’s first picture as a director, Grand Theft Auto. I actually sued the video game manufacturer who flat-out stole the idea. We settled out of court and they gave me some money. I retain the right to remake it, but the way it was actually written in the contract is a little bit cloudy. My lawyers are actually studying that contract to make certain that I have a clear title to remake my picture, and I will remake Grand Theft Auto.
Rockstar Games responds:
Mr. Corman made a number of inaccurate statements about the resolution of his 2004 nuisance lawsuit against Take-Two, but we will specifically address two of them: his false claims about the content of our games and his purported right to “re-make” his 1977 film.

Take-Two owns all rights for films related to the Grand Theft Auto video game series. Take-Two can and will take appropriate legal action against anyone attempting to misuse our intellectual property by attempting to make a new film titled Grand Theft Auto. In fact, Take-Two has already taken legal action a number of times in the past to protect its rights from those intending to “re-make” Mr. Corman’s 1977 film. All those film projects were subsequently abandoned.

7474749.3.jpg