Hooten and the Lady

Z dweller

Episode 5 was really disappointing for me.

If the series had been better written, I'd be sad to see it axed afer just one season.
As it is, eight episodes feels about right.

Sadly, the writers seem to have got stuck with underdeveloped characters and derivative, wafer-thin storylines. Any longer and the fun would wear out, along with the wll they/won't they tension between the two main characters.

Still, kudos for shooting on location, and in all fairness the tongue-in-cheek nature of the show was highlighted right from the start.

Here's hoping the last three episodes prove better than the fifth.

Z dweller

Z dweller said:
Here's hoping the last three episodes prove better than the fifth.
Well, episodes 6 and 7 did not disappoint!

Higher stakes, better action pieces, a more convincing baddie, and at long last we get to find out a bit more about Hooten's past.

Ep.7 openly channels TOD and is my favorite so far.

Shame that this uptick came so late in the series.
It probably accounts for the fact that the show was cancelled after only one season.

Looking forward to the finale. (y)

Le Saboteur

Z dweller said:
It probably accounts for the fact that the show was cancelled after only one season.

There have been several other very recent British productions that have been pre-cancelled; that is to say, they were canned before a single episode aired. Part of me thinks Hooten & The Lady was one of those as well. If Ms. Lovibond is to be believed, the series did good numbers and was well received.

Since they didn't hit Downton Abbey-sized ratings, then that's it. The UK needs more Eastenders and Footballers Wives!

I haven't seen an episode yet unfortunately. I have the tab open on my computer, but I really, really don't like watching teevee on it. It should pop up on Netflix any day now. If not, I'll probably force myself to sit through it on the computer.

landscape-1473897287-pjimage-5.jpg

Z dweller

Le Saboteur said:
There have been several other very recent British productions that have been pre-cancelled; that is to say, they were canned before a single episode aired. Part of me thinks Hooten & The Lady was one of those as well.
It should pop up on Netflix any day now.
Well, let's hope that Netflix picks up this U.K. show and makes it better, like they did with Black Mirror. (y)