Ronny Coutteure

peterlally

I read somewhere that Ronny Coutteure committed suicide is this correct? Please no sick jokes... I know what we are all like..

Matinee Idyll

Sadly, I believe this to be true.

It's strange to consider that he was only in 9 of the Chronicles, plus Peacocks Eye and Hawkmen... yet he's so synonymous with the show. Truly one of the more memorable figures in the series.

peterlally

Matinee Idyll said:
It's strange to consider that he was only in 9 of the Chronicles, plus Peacocks Eye and Hawkmen... yet he's so synonymous with the show. Truly one of the more memorable figures in the series.

This just proves what a talanted individual he was. RIP

metalinvader

Ronny commited suicide in 2000.What a shame.Amzing actor with such a unique look about him.Interesting fact,Ronny started off his career as a circus clown!

Grizzlor

Some information here (there was very little information to the public about it):

http://www.innermind.com/youngindy/misc/yijold1.htm

Very unfortunate, but if there's one thing George Lucas has done well, it is to give an international audience the chance to see these fine non-Hollywood actors, such as Ronny or Amrish Puri in Temple of Doom. Mr. Puri was a huge star in India. In Star Wars he used several English actors like Ian McDiarmid, Sir Alec Guinness, and Peter Cushing.

Remy

Remembering Ronny Coutteure (Remy) 1951-2000

Ronny Coutteure was born on July 2, 1951 in Werwik, in Belgium. The year 2001 was his 30th year in the career of an actor, author, director and realizer, a career which began as clown. Ronny Coutteure worked for the cinema, the radio, television, the opera and the theatre. He is the author, the director and the interpreter of the Carnaval full-length film.

He is the author and interpretor of several one man shows: Belgians stories, Praise of beer, the entry of Christ with Fretin, and regularly played the Farm of the Swallows.

He was a celebrity in his home country and in France and is most famous internationally for his supporting role of Remy in the The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. In France, he presented different TV-programmes and was one of the symbols of the culture of the fronteer region with Belgium.

According to his imdb.com listing, Ronny committed suicide on June 21st of 2000 in Fretin, France. That's all I can find about it anywhere. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything more specific about the sad end to this wonderfully jolly actor's life? He's greatly missed. Why did he do this?

Has anyone seen any of his other work? It'd be great to hear about it here.

What are your favorite Remy moments from Young Indy?

Remy

Thank you very much, Stoo and Grizzlor.

Here's the info from the link (really sad):

So far the only information on Ronny Coutteure's death comes from several very short French news articles. He died on June 21 at his home in Fretin, near Lille in northern France. He committed suicide. He is survived by his wife Dianne and two children.

Dianne read this statement to journalists (translated by an Indy fan): He gave fully in the rise of his career, with all his strength, but he was very afraid of the descent. He had carefully chosen to remain with you in his greatness. I know that these last days, sometimes he had a sad air, but basically he was already preparing for the end of his life.

tupogirl

It breaks my heart. I hate saying what if, but the love he would have now from the Young Indy fans would have been phenomenal.

fixer79

The death of mr. Coutteure was a terrible loss...
Still, he left us a great performance as Remy in the Young Indy Chronicles among many other roles he played...
I'm terribly proud a Belgian actor had such a big impact on the Indiana Jones canon.

We miss you, Ronny...

LostArk

I liked his performance in Mexico, 1916. It was kinda sad to see Remy look down after realizing Indy wasn't coming :(
200px-Yi25.jpg
Ronny_Coutteure.jpg

Indy_Forever

A tragic Loss

:( I have always wondered why Ronny Coeturre commited suicide since i looked on Wikipedia. Why did he need to, i see know reason why he did. Alas maybe that is a question we'll never know

Personally I think its a good thing that we fans will never know, I'm sure the Cotteure family have their ideas or certainties . Thank goodness the reasons haven't been aired in public. Not sure how I'd deal with a public forum if one of my family members committed suicide.

It is of course tragic. But we know so little of Ronny, so we can't even guess