Custom PLAYSETS & DIORAMAS with your INDY TOYS!!

Goonie

glorbes said:
Raiders Flying Wing
2008_0710flyingwingfinal0030.jpg

glorbes, that is a beautiful piece of work!

Uki

Very nice indeed. Seeing that pretty accurate depiction makes me feel okay about Hasbro trimming it down a bit, too. That is huge, and for a vehicle that doesn't really need a lot if interior room (If it can hold 2 figures, that's great), I think it'll look alright when they make a smaller (but not by too much) version.

Nurhachi1991

Hasbros will never look as great as Globes! That is truely a work of art man great job!

Hasbros will be a scaled down piece of crap with no Swatsikas.

whipcracker666

First off , nice work on the flying wing and tank . Hasbro would never produce something that would look that cool. Second , what is the big deal with Hasbro not putting swastikas on their toys? I understand that adult collecters make up a good portion of the people who buy the Indy figures/ vehicles( myself included) but they are first and foremost kids toys being sold in toy sections of stores. I'm usually the last person to bother being P.C. but I really don't think the childrens toy section is any place for swastikas.
besides Hasbro probably realises that anybody who would want one on their toys could fashion their own.
But thats just my opinion , what the hell do I know?

glorbes

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. The fact is, there are some technical issues and off-model elements to the final product, but I am pleased with how it turned out.

whipcracker666 said:
what is the big deal with Hasbro not putting swastikas on their toys? I understand that adult collecters make up a good portion of the people who buy the Indy figures/ vehicles( myself included) but they are first and foremost kids toys being sold in toy sections of stores. I'm usually the last person to bother being P.C. but I really don't think the childrens toy section is any place for swastikas.
besides Hasbro probably realises that anybody who would want one on their toys could fashion their own.
But thats just my opinion , what the hell do I know?

I'm inclined to agree that having a toy emblazoned with swastikas is probably not a great idea for Hasbro. Heck, I'm a little uncomfortable with this thing on my shelf in the event that I have guests over and they don't know this plane is from a movie! The fact is, a swastika is a loaded symbol, associated with the darkest period of the twentieth century and the deaths of millions...it also doesn't help that there are countries that have legal limitations on it being displayed. All of these are good reasons not to have the swastika on kids collectibles.

glorbes

RichardJones said:
Any ideas on what you will make next ? :D

I was thinking about a playset type thing, but I really can't decide on a project along these lines that has me excited enough to start. I may try to develop a more generic type of playset...not necessarily movie or scene specific, but something that fits in with the figures. I figure this way I could come up with some gags and features, and be a little more creative with it. Any ideas along this line?

I was also considering making the truck from Jim Steranko's concept production painting (the one with Indy jumping from the horse)...can never have too many trucks :)

RichardJones

Sounds cool. I am thinking of doing a few small dioramas such as the Fire place scene with my LC figures...Or maybe the spike room from TOD. I still would like to make the akator temple like the one tnswman did.. I have been working on my Chuchilla cemetary I'll post some pics later once the paint dries.

inky_skin

May I have first dibs on the Temple of Doom playset (specifically sacrificial cage / Kali Mar statue) ? I want to be able to connect my minecart track and rope bridge scenes together...

tnswman

Glorbes,

You simply AMAZE my man!!

Would you care if the folks from the official Magazine have your contact info? I just finished my interview with them and this stuff honestly needs to be in the magazine.

If that's ok with you, please PM me.

tnswman

inky_skin said:
Good luck with magazine lead glorbes - be nice for us customisers to get some official recognition...

They are wrapping up the issue that my interview will be in ( Issue 4 ) so, now the editor has this info too :)