Eye (Love You) Lid girl in Raiders...

nickdes

Girl in Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Does anybody know who played the girl in Indy's class near the start of Raiders? The one with "I love you" written on her eyelids...

I'm hoping to track her down so I can interview her. Any help gratefully received!

Indyologist

nickdes said:
Does anybody know who played the girl in Indy's class near the start of Raiders? The one with "I love you" written on her eyelids...

I'm hoping to track her down so I can interview her. Any help gratefully received!

Hm. Watch the credits and see what comes up.

indy_123

Why would you want an interview with a student from the movie but I'll help and try to find her name. Now Harrison Ford I would die to get a interview with him!!!! :whip:

PS: Welcome to Raven.theraider.net nickdes :D

Rod The Raider

I can't help you but your post reminded me of a continuity error in Raiders of the Lost Ark:

At the end of the scene where Indy is teaching, a male student places an apple on Indy's desk. Well at the start of that scene, that male student is sitting at the front desk, next to a girl. When Indy notices the girl who has "Love you" on her eyelids, you then see her sitting where the student with the apple was.

Kooshmeister

indyclone25 said:
she didn't have a speaking part , so she gets no credit in the movie

Neither did the Australian Climber, Arab Swordsman, Second Nazi, Giant Sherpa, Mean Mongolian, Ratty Nepalese, Peruvian Porter, or the Bureaucrat, and they're all credited. Meanwhile characters who don't even appear in the final cut (Young Soldier, Omar and "Otto," whoever that is) get credited as well.

And regarding Otto, anyone know who he is? I figured out from the Raiders novel that Omar is the owner of the garage in Cairo where Indy hides the truck, and the Young Soldier is the Nazi soldier Dietrich assigns the task of executing Sallah (but he doesn't go through with it and lets Sallah go), but Otto I'm stumped about...

Lao_Che

Kooshmeister said:
Neither did the Australian Climber, Arab Swordsman, Second Nazi, Giant Sherpa, Mean Mongolian, Ratty Nepalese, Peruvian Porter, or the Bureaucrat, and they're all credited. Meanwhile characters who don't even appear in the final cut (Young Soldier, Omar and "Otto," whoever that is) get credited as well.

Turns out the girl in Temple of Doom that Indy punches out while poisoned is named "Cigarette Girl". ;)

The LOVE YOU girl seems to just be a random extra who got shuffled to the front of the class because she had big eyelids to write the words on going by the Complete Making Of.

muttjones

Kooshmeister said:

And regarding Otto, anyone know who he is? I figured out from the Raiders novel that Omar is the owner of the garage in Cairo where Indy hides the truck, and the Young Soldier is the Nazi soldier Dietrich assigns the task of executing Sallah (but he doesn't go through with it and lets Sallah go), but Otto I'm stumped about...

young soldier was in there sitting on the bench with the rest of the nazis having lunch. sallah says he will get them water

DocWhiskey

Lao_Che said:
The LOVE YOU girl seems to just be a random extra who got shuffled to the front of the class because she had big eyelids to write the words on going by the Complete Making Of.

I wish I could hear the dialog on that casting choice...

Lucas: Geez, check out the eyelids on that one!
Spielberg: Oh mama. How big do you think her glasses are?
Lucas: Wowzers, she probably needs special prescription frames!
Spielberg: I'm definetly gonna shoot some closeups on those babies.
Lucas: What?! You can't put that in the film!
Spielberg: Hell yea, we'll just have to write something on them.
Lucas: Sweet, but I get to write on them...
Spielberg: No I do...
Lucas: No I do...
Spielberg: I'm the director! I get to do it!
Lucas: Fine! I'm going to my room to CGI boobs on Jaws's head.
Spielberg: Fine...jerk.
Lucas: Send me the dailies of her eyelids so we can squeeze one out later.
Speilberg: Will do, I seriously got a half a pack of rolaids in my pants right now.

*High Five*

Kooshmeister

ChromiumBlue37 said:
After the Flying Wing blows up, Indy does say something about Omar's.

Yeah, Omar is a garage owner and a friend of Sallah's. It's Otto I'm curious about. :p

muttjones said:
young soldier was in there sitting on the bench with the rest of the nazis having lunch. sallah says he will get them water

Are you certain? I know he can be seen behind Sallah when they close the lid to the Well of the Souls but I didn't know he was amongst the soldiers eating.

Benraianajones

Maybe Otto is the Nazi that was originally intended to aim the gun at Salla to shoot him which was in the scene they removed, but for some reason credited him.

Kooshmeister

No, that's "Young Soldier," played by Martin Kreidt, and although the scene where he is told to execute Sallah but doesn't was cut, he's still in a couple shots of the movie.

FILMKRUSC

nickdes said:

I've got one of her headshots. I'll look for it and get back to you.

indyclone25

INDIANA_JONES_LOST_ARK-00hr13min52s.jpg

INDIANA_JONES_LOST_ARK-00hr13min53s.jpg

Niteshade007

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd add onto this one...

In Last Crusade when Indy is in his classroom, I'm fairly certain that it's Melora Hardin as an extra in the front row. Hardin is probably most famous for playing Jan Levinson on NBC's The Office, and the ghost of Adrian Monk's wife in the television show Monk. I don't know how to do screen grabs, but maybe that might help with some confirmation.

She's shown first in a pan after Indy gives his "if it's truth you're looking for..." line, and then later after Brody enters.

Ska

FILMKRUSC said:
By headshot I mean the 8x10 the actors use to submit for jobs.
I haven't had the time to look for it.

But her name is Pola Churchill

Her website is:
http://www.polachurchill.com/pc.html

Hope that helps.

IMDB said:
[Pola Churchill] hot two scenes for Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) that ultimately ended up on the cutting room floor as Susan, a student of Indiana Jones with whom he was having an affair. The first scene had her interrupting Indy and Brody as they recount his troubles in Peru. The second scene had her at Indy's house when Brody arrived.

I never heard this.

Indy's brother

Originally Posted by IMDB
[Pola Churchill] hot two scenes for Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) that ultimately ended up on the cutting room floor as Susan, a student of Indiana Jones with whom he was having an affair. The first scene had her interrupting Indy and Brody as they recount his troubles in Peru. The second scene had her at Indy's house when Brody arrived.

Man, what I would give for an extended cuts of these movies!! The list of awesome stuff that ended up on the cutting room floor for this series is amazing. I can see why they cut her scenes out, though. It would have been awkward for the second to last scene in Raiders where Marion says "Well, I know what I've got here," if in the back of our minds we all knew that Indy was about to dump his other girlfriend.