Adventurebilt Indy IV Update?

IndyAJA77

eazybox said:
The last I heard, which was a few days ago, Steve Delk was still working on '07 orders. He says that once he gets done with those, the wait times will shrink dramatically.

He blames the glut of '07 orders on the fact that he didn't raise his price soon enough after the announcement of AB being the hatter for CS.

Jack

Thanks Jack.

I'm trying to be patient. It's really not that hard to forget about it, but every now and then I get this nagging feeling of did something go wrong. I'm not up to 22 months (I ordered Oct. '07). So, hopefully, worst case scenario I'll have it for Christmas.

penman hats

Just an FYI for you guys. In the month that it was told that Adventurebilt was doing the hats for Indy 4 he got more orders than any hatter would get in a year. Then he had months that followed that was hight as well. He has not , not delivered a hat to a customer. It may take him a long time but it will be delivered to you. He's a real stand up guy, just over worked one.

WrathofGod

In the old days a craftsman (by hand type) would put his poster up offering his services and a few folks in town would come and solicit those services.

This old world craftsman posted a feature film right around the globe and then an order form via the internet to every town on the face of the earth.

So yeah i suppose he's going to be busy. lol

I wish the world had a lot more like him...A LOT MORE.:hat:

penman hats

Steve and Marc of Adventurebilt are very special guys. The make hats just like they did back in the day. They have been very helpful to me and I can't thank them enough.

WrathofGod

Don't get me wrong, i prefer old school artisans. And i'm glad this fellow is around and obsessed enough to resurrect and old craft.

IndyAJA77

penman hats said:
When you think your time has arrived then I would start hitting him with e-mails.

When do you know your time has arrived? I'm honestly not worried, but it is approaching 23 months and yes, I did order back in '07 amidst the height of the buzz, so I realize that greatly multiplied their workload.

penman hats

I think I read that some have gotten hats who ordered in late of 07'
Just remember if you are a common size it might take longer.

IndyAJA77

Yes, back in Oct. 2007, when I ordered it. I still have my credit card statement. I think I have the email confirmation somewhere as well.

Adventurer73

It would be nice to have some sort of update of where the orders stand. I sent an e-mail in July and he said it would be this year, but the year is running out. I ordered in March 08.

IndyAJA77

That's not a bad idea. Being here (The Raven) I am well aware that many of us ordered as soon as we heard they were making the hats for Crystal Skull. So, I know the story and I know the reason for the logjam of orders and why it is taking so long. I'm just trying to be patient and not think about it, so it will be a pleasant surprise when my hat does arrive. I have tried e-mailing in the past, but never received a response, but I realize it's a one man operation. Obviously, time spend responding to e-mails is time away from making hats and anything else Steve (and Marc) have going on in their lives. Hopefully, mine will be here soon.

IndyAJA77

Well, if you read above, I'm going on 2 years 2 months as I ordered in Oct. '07. I just try to put it out of my mind as I know it will be a great surprise
when it does come!