The Official Trailer Thread

torao

Moderator Emeritus
TennesseBuck said:
Hello, just thought I would lend a voice to the angry comments on the IMDB and elsewhere about the contents of the trailer. Don't know if this is the right place to post it, but here it goes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHU0QGw6V3g :whip:

Merged.

I think it is quite legitimate to criticize a trailer for what it is: a piece of promotion.

Next time, please look around for a possible place where things that concern you are already discussed before you post. :)

Darth Snape

Even though I am hoping for as little CG as possible, I suspect after seeing the trailer the first shot of the movie is going to have a BIG CG element!

I noticed that the opening shot of the trailer looks like what you'd expect the forested area below the Paramount mountain during the opening logos to look like...I believe that the morph from logo to ________ this film will actually be to pan/zoom down to become the shot we see in the trailer and in essence the logo mountain is CG'd into a "real" mountain...the one Spielberg was looking for in the first Indy so that it appears like text and stars were placed over live footage. Interesting take on the logos. I don't believe CG has been used to blend opening logos and first shot in such a way yet.

TAKE THAT CONTRARY GUESSES!!!:whip:

The Man

Darth Snape said:
Even though I am hoping for as little CG as possible, I suspect after seeing the trailer the first shot of the movie is going to have a BIG CG element!

I noticed that the opening shot of the trailer looks like what you'd expect the forested area below the Paramount mountain during the opening logos to look like...I believe that the morph from logo to ________ this film will actually be to pan/zoom down to become the shot we see in the trailer and in essence the logo mountain is CG'd into a "real" mountain...the one Spielberg was looking for in the first Indy so that it appears like text and stars were placed over live footage. Interesting take on the logos. I don't believe CG has been used to blend opening logos and first shot in such a way yet.

The Paramount Logo fades into Richard Dreyfuss' potato mountain.

oki9Sedo

Darth Snape said:

I think that panning shot will be in the montage that appears while the red line is travelling along the map.

indyjones2131

My favorite thing about the trailer...

Indy running along the tops of the warehouse shelves and swiging on the hanging lights.

Why?

Cause it was in my fan fiction piece Indiana Jones and the Tower of Knowledge - right here on this wonderful sight.

Sure there are a few differences, but as far as I am concerned...I helped to write the new movie. :)

|ZiR|

indyjones2131 said:
Sure there are a few differences, but as far as I am concerned...I helped to write the new movie. :)

Yeah but who wants to bet they'll screw you out of a writing credit just like Darabont? That is just soooo typical of Steven.

Blue Jay

i was at the movies for the fourth or fifth time since the teaser was released and i still did not see in the theatre. :mad: