Hey, this is crazy...

Clintwood

Even though I've played RTCW till the end, I'm not crazy about those android creatures that needs some younger fingers than mine to be beaten.

So what is this? Playing ET at Prague end level...and of course there is a crazy creature. Hello?... I really enjoyed this game until now.

However, I can accept that there should be enemies tha are harder to beat, but hello again, it's just the second chapter!!!?

:( Since I enjoy the game, my question is: Is there anyone out there who have some tactics they can recommend to beat the crazy animials (or what ever they are)

MP3

Ummmmmm... are you referring to the lab where you fight the giant robot (called the "Homonculus")? Yes, I do have some tips:

• "Q" is your best friend. Use it, use it, use it. The more somersaults you do, the easier it is to evade the robot's attacks - a roll is like a "sprint"; it carries you a short distance very quickly.
  • Learn the sound that the robot makes when he his preparing a fireball (it sound likes something exhaling very quickly). When you hear that sound, wait about a half a second or so, and then get the hell outta there - roll to the SIDE (not forward or back) as fast as you can, as far as you can.
  • In case you haven't figured this out by now, you need to pick up the beakers full of green acid from the machines at the side of the room and throw them at the robot. After a few hit, a cutscene will show him smash a machine in agony. Run over to the wasted machine, and pick up the acid-tipped pipe that remains, and beat the sh*t out of the robot with it. WARNING: when using the pipe, swing a maximum of twice in a row, and then back off for a minute; otherwise, the robot will swat you like a fly despite his pain.

Hope this helps. ;)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
And if you get hit, you can always do as we explained in the medkit thread.

Oh, and I always just run around the lab. He always misses his fireballs and boxes, and I can drink or use a medkit very easily.

Clintwood

Thanks for the tip guys, I'll think especially using the roll/Q will help.

Hopefully I will manage to pass this level in the near future.

Clintwood

I've past the monster in Prague

It sounds incredible, but thanks to your hints I finally manage to pass the robot guy in Prague!

However, I've tried the 0 key for quick medipack function and I can not get it to work. Is it 0 (as in zero) or is it the letter O you refer to? I've tried both though.

Anyway...now I'm taking on Istanbul (already got a turkish knife)!

MP3

Clintwood said:
, I've tried the 0 key for quick medipack function and I can not get it to work. Is it 0 (as in zero) or is it the letter O you refer to? I've tried both though.

I mean zero - not the one on the numpad; the one on the top row of keys on your keyboard.

MP3

Re: I've past the monster in Prague

Clintwood said:
It sounds incredible, but thanks to your hints I finally manage to pass the robot guy in Prague!

Congratulations! Glad to be of assistance! If you need my help with anything else, just let me know. ;)

Clintwood

...now the 0 (zero) shortcut-key works fine for the medpack. I don't know what was wrong before.

Thanks again MP3!