Mt. Sinai

Johan

What do you guy's think? I've read several books and have done a lot of research only to conclude that the true Mt. Sinai is not on the Sinai Penninsulat but in Saudi Arabia...Jebal Al Lawz

Got Pi?

Hmm...I'm not really sure. I always thought it was the one on the Sinai Penninsula. Well, at least, that's what I'm going to put in my story. (Yes, I am writing an Indiana Jones story revolving around the Staff of Moses and Mt. Sinai). But, anyways, how will we ever be sure where the real Mt. Sinai is? It could just be a legend for all we know...

Johan

The bible is clear where it says "...Mt. Horeb (also known as Sinai) which is in Midian..." I forget the direct passage but its in there. Find a book called "Mountain of God: In Search For the Real Mount Sinai by Robert Cornuke" He has a video called Mountain of fire as well. You will be 100% convinced I assure you!
Its an excellent read, a VERY interesting book...he was arrested and almost killed in Saudi Arabia. It's written a lot like a novel. Anyway see for your self.

Tennessee R

The Bible says "For this Agar is Mt. Sinai, in Arabia"
Or present day Saudi Arabia.
Actually, IndyJohan, I don't mean to interrupt, but Ron Wyatt was the one that 'discovered' that site, and Cornuke came four years later, with Ron's map, and said he found it.
He's telling people the right place (Jebal al Lawz), but he went over there after Ron had discovered it, and the Saudi's had put a chain link fence around it.
(see www.wyattmuseum.com )

Also, when Cornuke and Williams first started telling people about it, they said that the split rock (At Horeb) was 6' tall.
It's 60' tall. Wyatt Archaeology has video of someone walking through the crack. So, does that mean that Cornuke really never went there? I'm not sure, but they sure didn't know what they were talking about, on at least that instance. What else might they be stretching?

Anyway, just thought you might like to know this.

Last edited:

Johan

Cornuke

Actually I looked into that further. A video I have with Cornuke he also has a family that has been living there that took the footage of the split rock, Cornuke has not seen it himself. The footage is from Jim and Penny Caldwell.

Doc Savage

I jumped at the chance to interject in this thread, but saw my esteemed colleague Tennessee had beaten me to the punch. However, this little tidbit has yet to enter the discussion: the pillars Solomon erected to commerate the Red Sea crossing...OVER THE GULF OF AQABA!!! This variation on the popular "Sinai Peninsula" wanderings answers so many questions that left the Exodus in academic scorn for the past century. Plus, it would lead the Hebrews right into Arabia, where Paul clearly states in the aforementioned Galatians passage Mt. Sinai is located.

Pale Horse

Staff member
reads the thread again looking for the reference to Galatians and realizes he will have to find it himself.... ;)