Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
INDYfatigable said:
Are you saying the acting is bad??? You people are sacriligious

Sacrilegious? :rolleyes:
The best way to judge a MOVIE, is to see as well its strong points, as its flaws.
And episode 3 is definitely not without flaws.
Acting being one of them...

Last edited:

Paden

westford said:
Empire Strikes Back was the best Star Wars film. Search your feelings. You know it to be true...

I'd have to second that. Empire has always been my favorite as well, with Return of the Jedi following close behind.

Canyon

westford said:
Erm, you know she's not real, right? ;)

Empire Strikes Back was the best Star Wars film. Search your feelings. You know it to be true...

I Am Your Father :cool:

Hey Westford, I agree with you. :D

Empire is the greatest SW movie out there!

"Empire Strikes Back was the best Star Wars film"

ESB had the biggest wimp out in film history...

"I am your father!"???

What a cliché, soap-opera thing to do.. it's a testament to what a lousy hack of a writer George Lucas really is....

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
I see it more as a matter of personal taste, whether to prefer episode 5 over the rest or not... don't see much point here in 'following blindly'.

For me;

Ep. I ? 7
Ep. II ? 7+
Ep. III ? 8-
Ep. IV ? 9
Ep. V ? 9,5
Ep. VI ? 9,5

INDYfatigable

My gosh you are pessimistic clintonhammond! :eek: You seem to find no pleasure in anything. All you do is blow holes in others accomplishments. While I do like the Empire Strikes Back, I still think that Revenge of the Sith has it beat.

Paden

This entry in the Star Wars Databank gives some more information on Grievous, but it doesn't discuss the alien species he originated from prior to becoming a cyborg. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about the Star Wars universe can provide more info.

westford

From GeneralGrievous.net:
Full Name: General Grievous Shakar
Home World: Kalee
Species: 5% Omix-patra (Mainly brain, eyes and nervous system)
Droid: 95% Hybrid Cyborg
Height: 1.904 meters (default configuration)
Weapon: Blaster pistols and light sabers
Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems (The Separatists)

Paden

A little extra info from an odd source. My son, like his mother, has developed into a Star Wars fanatic. As we are trying to keep him interested in reading, we have bought him some books that tie directly into his favorite subject. One of these, Obi Wan's Foe, which I read to him recently offered this tidbit of information on the diabolical general's origin:

General Grievous was the supreme commander of the droid armies. Long ago, Grievous had been a general on his homeworld, Kalee. Then he was almost killed in a shuttle crash.
The Sith had been watching Grievous. They needed a leader for their droids. They kept him alive. They hired Geonosian cyborg experts to combine his living parts with a hard ceramic shell.

The artwork in the book is quite impressive. On page six (where most of the quote came from) there's an illustration of Grievous prior to his being made a cyborg.

theinfiniteweird

Luisiana Jones said:
Episodes:

I- 8
II-6
III-9
IV-10
V-10
VI-8

Yes! :D :D :D Someone else who at least likes EP I. While I'm still the only person I know of that considers EP I to be (arguably, but not much) my most favorite movie period (not just SW, but all movies), at least i've found someone who likes the movie.

And I bet I'm still the only person wlive who didn't mind Jar-Jar Binks one bit and in fact thought he was perfectly inline. I'm not saying I'm president of the JJB fan club, just that there was nothing wrong and he worked just fine, contributing to the movie and all.

OK, now everyone can bash me over the head for that last paragraph, but I'm ready. :mad:

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
:)
Well...
While Ep. I isn't my favourite, I did like Jar Jar...
But then again.. I also liked the ewoks. :p

TombReader

'Yes! Someone else who at least likes EP I. While I'm still the only person I know of that considers EP I to be (arguably, but not much) my most favorite movie period (not just SW, but all movies), at least i've found someone who likes the movie.

And I bet I'm still the only person alive who didn't mind Jar-Jar Binks one bit and in fact thought he was perfectly inline. I'm not saying I'm president of the JJB fan club, just that there was nothing wrong and he worked just fine, contributing to the movie and all'

You're not alone.There are a lot of people who enjoyed that movie,although many whiny bashers(some of them right here)will try and tell you different.Movies don't make $400 + million because no one liked them.That's ridiculous.If that's the case,then every IJ film was an utter flop.Enjoy the films and don't worry what some malcontent with internet access and too much time on their hands has to say.These people are not in a majority,they're just louder that's all. :)

roundshort

Wow, I am glad so many people liked ep I & II, it goes to show that you really need peanut butter, butter, or honey for you toast . . .

personally, not that it matters, but none of this does

ep I 3
ep II 4
ep III 7
EP IV 9
EP V 9.7 (only RotLA gets a 10)
EP VI 8.5

It's all about personality, I really didn't care aout the entire cast of the first three movies, Nat. Portman was so hot in EP II that really helped save the flick for me

INDYfatigable

I still think N. Portman was hotter in Ep3
i was so relieved that Anakin was not a winy little kid in ep3 that got real annoying in ep2