Ideas For New Indy Actor

Le Saboteur

Indy's brother said:
With his angular features, and those beady blue eyes, I think Cooper would make a better Belloq.

Yeah, ...thinking... no. He's too, well, American.

Thinking outside of the box, Jean Dujardin could equate himself quite well in the role of Dr. Jones. But since a Frenchman playing Dr. Jones would be considered sacrilege around here, here's your Belloq. Especially if you're operating under the premiss that they're two sides of the same coin.

article-2284079-1844240F000005DC-541_634x469.jpg

Why, yes, yes I do have an Oscar, a BAFTA, and a Golden Globe.

Millions

All though this thread (which has been going for a while) , I've always thought Josh Holloway was the guy. Masculine, rugged, can do humour, arrogance, and takes a good beating in the Lost series.

I have to say though, the more recent suggestion of Carl Urban would be a good option too.

To reboot the series, while keeping Ford and Ford's fans happy, do this :-

Late 50s. Hidden Nazi Base in Antarctica, where some senior Nazis are rumoured to have fled after the war (check it on wikipedia) An alternative would be in Argentina - due to similar rumours.

Harrison Ford's Indy is tied to a chair. Getting the crap beaten out him. Interrogated about the location of an artefact he was involved in finding (and then hiding so its power couldn't be exploited and abused) almost 2 decades ago. He starts recalling the adventure in question.

Fade to :-

Holloway's Indy on some exotic location running away from some baddies, etc.....

You can see how it would go from there.

Henry W Jones

Millions said:
All though this thread (which has been going for a while) , I've always thought Josh Holloway was the guy. Masculine, rugged, can do humour, arrogance, and takes a good beating in the Lost series.

I have to say though, the more recent suggestion of Carl Urban would be a good option too.

To reboot the series, while keeping Ford and Ford's fans happy, do this :-

Late 50s. Hidden Nazi Base in Antarctica, where some senior Nazis are rumoured to have fled after the war (check it on wikipedia) An alternative would be in Argentina - due to similar rumours.

Harrison Ford's Indy is tied to a chair. Getting the crap beaten out him. Interrogated about the location of an artefact he was involved in finding (and then hiding so its power couldn't be exploited and abused) almost 2 decades ago. He starts recalling the adventure in question.

Fade to :-

Holloway's Indy on some exotic location running away from some baddies, etc.....

You can see how it would go from there.

I would prefer no Ford in any reboots. Either he plays him all out or they should retire the character. Lets see a new idea instead of trampling on an old one.

Toht's Arm

Henry W Jones said:
I would prefer no Ford in any reboots. Either he plays him all out or they should retire the character. Lets see a new idea instead of trampling on an old one.

I don't mind the idea of Indy V featuring an old/young Indy, to get us used to whichever actor steps into Ford's shoes. I think it would enable them to come up with a story a little different from the other films too. (Like the intro to LC, but for the whole film.)

Last edited:

Le Saboteur

Joe Brody said:
Pretty Boy, yes. But he did the job in On the Road and he's already in house.

If that's your criteria then Jon Hamm is also in house.

jon-hamm-e1349097123150.jpg

Oh the things you will unexpectedly learn by typing in his name.

George Clooney for Marcus Brody!

clooney1.jpg

ricromo

Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. Although, he's too old for the role unfortunately.

Since they won't let the franchise alone, I think that nowadays Bradley Cooper is the only actor that can replace Ford indeed.

Bradley Cooper come on idiots please. 99% of indiana's charm is Harrison's personality...this is not 007 you can just change the actor...and when they do, it will always be a poor man's Indy.

Maybe.Not Today

I don't want to see Indy rebooted. Ford is Indy. Just thinking about it seems like heresy.

But if it had to happen, off the top of my head i'd go with Chris Evans. It might just be the heavy indy influence in the first cap movie...but I feel like he would be a good fit for the character.

Phlip

I maintain James McAvoy could be perfect. He's the right age, can do a great American accent, and can pull some good intense/in pain/comic facial expressions.

But what about Hayden Christensen? He seems to have that laid back charm of Harrison.

Hanselation

Phlip said:
I maintain James McAvoy could be perfect. He's the right age, can do a great American accent, and can pull some good intense/in pain/comic facial expressions.

But what about Hayden Christensen? He seems to have that laid back charm of Harrison.

laugh-o.gif
whyyy-o.gif
tumblr_inline_mwq3faXuGG1qdxrfv.gif
mr-chow-haha.gif

Last edited:

Phlip

Túrin Turambar said:
Maybe something about him, but not strong enough or rugged enough needs something like Harry in appearance.
Wow I actually don't know how you can say that...

Henry W Jones

Phlip said:

You should be slapped and told it is for blasphemy. Lol. Hayden helped ruin the prequels (along with other things) with his crap acting. He doesn't get offered parts because nobody wants to watch him. Thanks but I'll pass Hayden in any films but most of all as Indiana Jones.

Last edited: