• Charles Stanforth

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Dovchenko

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Sparkey

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Snakes

I've looked for a poll like this and can't find one, just delete this if it already exists. Anyways, who is you favorite character who has only appeared in KOTCS? I gotta go with Mac myself, I really liked his character. Spalko and Dovchenko were really great villains though, I really liked both of them as well.

EvilDevo

Dovchenko... I think. Something about him... actually, something about all those damned dirty reds. I wish they were developed a bit more. The Indy VS Dovchenko bits were the best parts of this movie, I thought.

Avilos

Mutt, no question!

I really don't want to see a spin-off for his character though. The scenes with just him and Indy are great. If there is a sequel I hope he's just Indy's partner. With Indy still as the central guy.

metalinvader

Mutt was just freaking awesome! Hats off to Shia,He went beyond my expectations.

Second....Hmmmmm,Maybe Spalko.I'd like to hear a little more of her back story.Very interesting and mysterious villian.

Salacious

I voted for Dovchenko cuz I think he is the one that shut Marion up in the truck...which was funny how he got sick of the bickering.

But really, I wasnt a fan of any of the new characters. I thought Mutt would have been the worse addition...I was wrong. It was Ox and Mac. Ugh.

Ox is the Jar Jar of the Indy Franchise. Seriously. What a useless character.

tastethecourage

I chose Dovchenko. I think he should have gotten more screen-time like Vogel so we could hate him a little bit more.

Mutt was a close second. Shia was much better than I ever expected.

Jeeh

My vote went to Mutt.

He and Indy teamed up perfectly and I think their scenes together were the best in the movie. He has a great intro, riding through that smoke and well, he's his freakin' son :D

I'll even forgive him the swinging thing.

Dr.Jonesy

Irina Spalko - Love her. She's got such style to her and she's probably my second favorite villain of the franchise.

Mutt Williams - As much as Shia gets under my skin, I liked him alot in this film. Even though he trashes it, I really can tell that when he made this film, he knew how important the film is and gave 100% to it. I liked the character alot, but I do wish he wasn't Indy's son for some reason.

Dovchenko - A big brute. Ruthless and ties his shoes when witnessing carnage. What's not to love? Plus he died gloriously.

Goodeknight

Sorry, but I was looking for a "none of the above" or "I didn't like any of the new characters" button.

Spalko was completely lame with a bad wig, bad accent, bad super-mind-control powers, and contrived weapon - military officer who sports a rapier. Ox was annoying (the Jar Jar of Indiana Jones). Mac was disappointingly shallow (who cares if he died), and Dovchenko was a completely two dimensional baddie. Criticisms of Mutt would be an entire new thread or two, or 10. Other new characters are barely there.

Dr.Jonesy

goodeknight said:
Sorry, but I was looking for a "none of the above" or "I didn't like any of the new characters" button.

Spalko was completely lame with a bad wig, bad accent, bad super-mind-control powers, and contrived weapon - military officer who sports a rapier. Ox was annoying (the Jar Jar of Indiana Jones). Mac was disappointingly shallow (who cares if he died), and Dovchenko was a completely two dimensional baddie. Criticisms of Mutt would be an entire new thread or two, or 10. Other new characters are barely there.

I personally think Willie was the Jar Jar of Indy.
:gun:

Ox wasn't there mentally. Mac was cool simply for the dynamic of former war buddies and his interaction with Indy brings to light what has happened since LC. Mutt was cool, too. And Dovchenko kicks a$$!
:whip:

Montana Smith

Dr.Jonesy said:

I personally think Willie was the Jar Jar of Indy.
:gun:

The Jar Jar of Indy is a role that will forever be held by Mutt. Nobody else comes close. Not even Shorty.

Favourite new character: General Ross.

Not only was he Charles Widmore in Lost, but I like the reference to General Ross in the Hulk who also presided over an atomic bomb testing facility.

Dr.Jonesy

Montana Smith said:
The Jar Jar of Indy is a role that will forever be held by Mutt. Nobody else comes close. Not even Shorty.

A screaming blonde constantly in danger VS Mutt?

I'll always fail to see that. Mutt will NEVER gain the notoriety of Jar Jar.

Montana Smith

Dr.Jonesy said:
I'll always fail to see that. Mutt will NEVER gain the notoriety of Jar Jar

It's too late. They gave the role to Shia. (Something similar happened when Spielberg went doe-eyed for Kate).

I Don Quixote

Montana, you are very glib. And a bit negative. Some of your posts are funny, but others are resentful. Especially towards this movie. It wasn't the best, but I, and many others, thought it was pretty good and did what it was supposed to do. I've heard it explained as a B movie reminiscent of the 50's and all there space invader cold war movies.

On topic, I chose Mutt. He plays his role well and was a nice touch. And he is pretty easy to tease. You should here my brother and sister go at him.

You know, the other day I was looking for the song they're spoofing in the Honda Summer savings event, and found ou it was from Grease and it was called Summer Nights. And the whole time I thought "Mutt looks a lot like John Travolta does."