Originally Posted by Nathan Drake
- The heroes in National Treasure also followed riddles to reach the goal.
- The flesh eating ants were very similar to the scarabs in both Mummy films.
- The traitor hording the treasure at the end of the film only to die when the temple collapses also happened in the first Mummy film.
- El Dorado was featured in the 2007 video game Uncharted.
- The opening scene for both the original Tomb Raider and it's 2007 remake featured an atomic bomb being detonated at a nuclear test site in the 1950s. In the original scene, the explosion causes Queen Natla's metalic prison to go flying in the air and crashing outside the blast zone (much like the fridge). The remake version features a dummy town.
- Area 51, the "grey" aliens and a UFO all appear in Tomb Raider III.
- The "well" and the platform stairs goes into the wall was very similar to the Tomb of Ancients in Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness.
Good observations, Nathan. The ones I picked out above bring up one of my biggest problems with the movie, though.
First came the original serials Spielberg and Lucas loved. Then came the Indy movies. Then came Indy ripoffs like The Mummy, Tomb Raider, and National Treasure. Some were pretty good. But then for Indy movies to rip off the movies that ripped them off??? It's like a fifth generation Xerox copy.