What Fedora Do You Own?

Which Fedora Do You Own

• Total voters

jsarino

I picked "Other" because I currently have a Dorfman Pacific (IJ559), which got dirty when I wore it for a sandmine obstacle course race last month (dressed as Indy of course :)), but it cleaned off easily (see a pic of me wearing it in the Newbies section). I have a Akubra Federation IV (Deluxe in brown) en route...should be getting it in another week or so.

Would love to get an Adventurebilt or Penman, which incidentally I did talk to John Penman a couple of weeks back, just before I went the other direction with the Akubra. I may get it in the near future..."Maybe, but not today." ;)

Last edited:

micsteam

Well jsarino the AB and Penman fedoras are quite expensive and I hear you, John (Penman ) Doesn't take it personally because we all started with humble beginnings in this hobby, but when you are ready there is not better Indiana Jones hat makes than the two of them and I'm sure you know Steve Delk/AdventureBilt made the fedoras for Ford for the last movie and quite frankly were the best hats since Raiders. Enjoy and good luck with the new Akubra !! :hat:

jsarino

Thanks, micsteam! Incidentally, the Akubra arrived today, and it looks great! It is slightly loose to fit (they had told me they run a 1/2 size smaller), but they also sent me a foam fitting ring to make up for some of that space.

I need to be a bit brave and will work on shaping the hat this weekend. :eek: I'd rather send it to a hattery in the area, but the ones I've checked have a two week turnaround. :(

HenryJunior

It's not as hard as it may seem, besides I always thought putting in your own bash makes it YOURS, not some other guy who puts it in. I didn't use steam on my hat for bashing, just fingers and time (it can take a day or two for the shape to hold real well). My biggest advice is to make sure you have everything lined up right so it's not off-center. Looking at pictures helps, remember the shape changes quite a bit from film to film, so figure out what you like.

The loose fit is ok, sweat and sunlight is gonna help mold the hat to your head shape. My head is till growing a bit so I had to order mine a little big, but it's fitting much better now. Don't be afraid of hurting it, I squashed my hat, punched it and sat on it and looks great. ONE THING though, is being rough with the hat can tear the glue from the lining on the inside.

Have fun, I hope your Akubra works out well :whip:

jsarino

@HenryJunior--I posted a pic in the "New Acquisitions" thread (reposted the pic below), but you're right, it wasn't as hard as it seems! I was apprehensive about messing it up, but the hats can take a shape and reshape if needed. I will keep shaping it to get it to the "Raider" look that I want, but let me know what you think so far!
IMG_20140329_032835.jpg

Also, I'll follow your advice about just letting it naturally conform to my head. :) Thanks!

Salustian

Hello
I am brand new to The Raven.I have recently got my Rabbit Raiders hat from Steve Delk and I am really happy with it...I would love to post some pictures of it here,got some cool ones from a recent trip I took to India,but I believe I don't have enough privilege to post attachments.
anyways,just wanted to pop in and say hi :hat:

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Salustian said:
Hello
I am brand new to The Raven.I have recently got my Rabbit Raiders hat from Steve Delk and I am really happy with it...I would love to post some pictures of it here,got some cool ones from a recent trip I took to India,but I believe I don't have enough privilege to post attachments.
anyways,just wanted to pop in and say hi :hat:

Welcome to our forum. :hat: I think you can upload some photos at photobucket and then put the links here.

micsteam

I look forward to your pics of that Raiders fedora Salustian !! I have a beaver Raiders by Steve Delk and I love it, it gets better and better as the years/trips/adventures go by !! Enjoy :hat:

jsarino

Sakis said:
Hahaha, I've been here for over a decade but thank you anyway. :D

*smacks my hand to face* :eek:

A slight followup to my fedora post. I went to the St. Louis ComicCon last week, and donned my Akubra...
10157343_652597698146696_1539985844821394471_n.jpg

Taking it to a hattery today to have it resized...still feels a little loose after wearing it for over a week. 7 1/8 (57) is more my size than the 7 1/4 (58) that I got it at.

Mr. Fusion

I acquired a Garrison last October (Streets of Cairo style). Lovely hat.

JMKsIndygear1072cropped_zps1ec8d308.jpg

JMKsIndygear1078cropped_zpsf9f6c466.jpg

JMKsIndygear1081cropped_zps4bb87e2c.jpg

My fiance as Marion.

1375975_10202429187275162_885954567_n_zpsc2928477.jpg

Me, Sean Patrick Flannery and my brother in Nashville.

JoshBenandSeanPatrickFlanery_zpsdbf860f0.jpg

micsteam

Mr. Garrison makes an excellent fedora !! It seems every hat he makes gets better and better. The fedora looks great on you, enjoy !! :hat:

TheFedora

Sadly i only have this fedora. I bought it at Party City when I needed a quick cosplay for Indy, and I managed to take out the 'Indiana Jones' Pin on it, but still it feels like its only a very superficial Indiana hat.

14w841y.jpg

zkofnq.jpg

I have posted a few pics of me wearing it.

As you can probably tell, my Indy outfit still needs a lot of work. But its what I wear to conventions when I w ant to dress up but nothing too cumbersome so i won't have to fight my way through a crowd.

Last edited:

S. Dakota Jones

micsteam said:
Mr. Garrison makes an excellent fedora !! It seems every hat he makes gets better and better. The fedora looks great on you, enjoy !! :hat:

Yes, I am patiently awaiting one of his myself. After seeing Mr. Fusion's SOC when he first got it, I had to give him a try. I am getting a TOD version(to go with my Todd's), instead of a Raiders but will probably get myself an SOC sometime in the future.

jsarino

That Garrison fedora looks great! Soooo many choices of fedoras to choose from these days that now I want to get another fedora like a "streets of Cairo" version like the Garrison or Penman, or a TOD version, to go with my Akubra. :) Incidentally, I "retired" my Dorfman-Pacific to my son.

@TheFedora--as you can see, there's various hatters that make some great quality Indy-style fedoras out there. When you find one that you like, go for it! (y)

Eric Solo

Adventurebilt Deluxe

I ordered an Adventurebilt Deluxe a couple of months ago.
Stephan said up front that I could expect to wait up to a year to take delivery of the hat. Much to my amazement and delight he just said I can expect my hat to be ready in one month or so.

It's because my giant head is so big that the block they use for my hat is more readily available.

Now I have to come up with the money to pay the balance.

micsteam

I think you'll be quite happy when it arrives, it's all about fitment. As long as the hat fits you correctly and you gave proper measurements I think you will be very happy !! You need to post pics once you get the fedora. Good luck, enjoy. :hat:

Djd1

Currently an AB rabbit Raiders from Steve Delk, a grey Fed IV and a wonderful HJ replica from Steele and Jones.

Previously an AB Henry, a Schubert SoC, a Todd's Uptowner and a Magnoli HJ.