Who should play the NEW Charactors

Eric1975

How about Liam Neeson, or Russell Crowe?

Do you think Liam Neeson or Russell Crowe would be good in an Indy4? Liam would be an excellent part if they go with the Quest for Excalibur story. Being as some of these awesome producers, directors, and actors might be the age when their father passes to a better place, this could be the one when Indy loses his Dad and his father's last wish was always to know, was Excalibur a legend, or was it the true relic of a great king of those beautiful emerald islands. Perhaps Russian communists would be a good idea. There is a statue in Russia that I have seen before with a woman bearing a sword to the West. Maybe it could be some rough n' tough kook who was obsessed with that statue and wants Excalibur? Just some thoughts, but I like reading everyone's different ideas, the more good feedback the better. Have a great Christmas everyone! Eric

Eric1975

Sorry, I'm not that good of an actual script writer.

I have written theological poetry and such but I don't really have the expertise to write something like that. I'm just hoping Mr. Spielberg and Mr. Lucas stay with the concept of the Welsh, Irish, and English when it comes to the Arthurian legends. Maybe something that shows the actual proof that some things that happen on one side of the globe can affect in a good way, things on the other side, like maybe Indy meeting with Shorty in San Francisco, during the 50's just as old friends, and he ends up finding that fortune cookie message at a Restaraunt. Basically, demonstrating how when someone does something like writing those little messages, even though what they write may just be a thought on the top of their head, it can begin another great adventure. I have visited the local public library and found a book by DK books called Myths and Legends of the World, at least I think that's the title. It had quite a bit about that stuff. I think I might go check it out again this weekend. Be talkin' to you soon. Ciao, Eric1975

Pale Horse

Staff member
theological poetry, huh...(like Milton?)

Screenwriting, huh....

maybe I could lend you some info to encourage you...

Eric1975

Sure, that would be great

Sure you can send anything, I have always had a great passion for cultural anthropology and the like. A friend of mine has some of John Milton's writings like Paradise Lost, which I have never actually read yet, but I've read quotes from it in a variety of different books, like Dictionary of Angels and all of that stuff. I'm a big fan of Gustav Dore's artwork when it comes to Dante and Milton, he was an awesome artist, sorta like William Blake.

Randy_Flagg

I don't want to see anyone particularly well-known in Indy4. Anthony Hopkins is a good actor, as someone said, but to me he's always "Anthony Hopkins" because he's entirely too well known, and his face is all over the place in magazines and such. Same problem with Harrison Ford, lately, but fortunately, I can still see him as Indy.

I liked the leading ladies in the previous Indy movies because I only knew them as their characters. Karen Allen was Marion. Nobody else. I'd never seen her anywhere before Raiders, so I didn't associate her with any other character. Same with Kate Capshaw and Alison Doody. And of course I can also say the same about other characters like Mola Ram and Belloq and Short Round. I didn't know these people from other roles (yes, I know now that Paul Freeman and Amish-what's-his-face-Mola were in a ton of other movies, but I hadn't seen them before Raiders.) While I loved Henry Jones, Sr., I couldn't help but look at him and think, "Wow, what a weird role for Sean Connery." Rather than him just being the character, he was the actor too, and that takes a little something away from the experience for me.

Maybe Willem Dafoe or Terence Stamp as villains. The girl could be Demi Moore. I also would like a young under-study like James Franco or maybe even Dominic Monaghan or Billy Boyd boy am I going to get flamed!

For the lady role perhaps there are others better than Demi Moore such as John Ritter's wife. Her name ecscapes me but you know who I am talking about. I am trying to think of a person that is the believeable age range of about 15 years to a 55 yeare old Indy. Gillian Anderson??? Jennifer Connely is always great as is Elizabeth Shue. I think Jennifer Connely and Elizabeth Shue could pass as brilliant scholars.

If they were to go the daughter route I think Kiera Knightly would be a good route if ti was not for her Pirates fame. Arrgh.

00Kevin

Indyfan
hmmm, interesting....I'm not sure that Goodman would make a good Remy, he's too american

I'm thinking that it would be better to get a new face for the love interest, like most of Lucas' projects, it would be good to see someone associated as the indy girl, not any other charactor

Ska

Going with the Tom Selleck rumor, I watched an episode of Magnum P.I. a while ago (which I was able to tape btw) called The Legend of the Lost Art. The episode showed me how much Selleck really wanted to play Indy, and I think at the time of the episode, he really regreted turning down Raiders. When I first read that Selleck was orignally cast as Indy, I was thinking how much the Indy movies would have sucked with him as our hero. But after watching the Magnum P.I. episode, he wore the fedora, leather jacket, whip, etc. quite well. I believe that it would be more than interesting to see him as a villian in IV as a rival American archeologist who sold out to the (insert your favorite bad guy country here).

BTW...the episode was hilarious to an avid Jones fan. Quite a good parody with a lot of references to Raiders.

Ska