Cigars

I, on the rare occasion, enjoy a nice cigar (Zinos are my current favorite)...

What do you smoke?

indiana-jones-cigar.jpg

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I'll enjoy a cigar now and then, but I confess to never actually having purchased them myself, so I've been dependent on whatever my buddy has on hand.

The Drifter

I'm a cheap-skate. So I enjoy a black & mind every once in awhile. Also, I may just randomly buy one that catches my fancy.
l_45feff6819ee4671bb3670150c3f324c.jpg

Gear

Never had one. Like to try one eventually, to see if they appeal. I've heard tobacco pipes are wonderful too.

I always liked the smell of cloves. But, I don't buy smokes. I'm not one of those kids who thinks that smoking makes you cool, never mind you're supporting Big Tobacco.

But I have been told I'm a sexy smoker.;)

Romeo y Julieta is a fine smoke... an Avo V can make an evening...

Attila the Professor said:
I'll enjoy a cigar now and then, but I confess to never actually having purchased them myself, so I've been dependent on whatever my buddy has on hand.

Not a bad way to be, don't want to develop into a habit. Any you like more than others, ( bothered to check one while partaking?) or are you usually too, well you know, to notice?

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I'm a cheap-skate. So I enjoy a black & mind every once in awhile. Also, I may just randomly buy one that catches my fancy.
Yea, me too, although it only took lighting up a Di Nobili to decide to hold out for a decent cigar.

Gear said:
I have been told I'm a sexy smoker.;)
Read that on the ladies room wall, (don't ask)...but I didn't consider it you till now.

Last edited:

KiKi Kat

Rocket Surgeon said:
Read that on the ladies room wall, (don't ask)...but I didn't consider it you till now.

Oook, Why were you usin the ladies room? :eek: (sorry had to ask)....And you consider Gear a "sexy smoker" now. You are so sweet..:D
I bet Monica Lewinsky likes a good fat cigar!

Last edited:

Nurhachi1991

I enjoy Hava Tampa beachwood tip cigars good stuff a friend of mine bought me a pack of cigars from Italy there very sweet tasting

KiKi Kat said:
Oook, Why were you usin the ladies room? :eek: (sorry had to ask)....And you consider Gear a "sexy smoker" now. You are so sweet..:D
I bet Monica Lewinsky likes a good fat cigar!

(Sigh),well here goes...

I was in DC at a Dixie Chicks Lou Rawls Concert, (or was that Whitney Houston/Skynyrd?),spending what seemed like an eternity between acts on line at the mens room. as I got within site of the door I noticed all of these women going into the mens room and thought to myself, (what a wonderful world)...how progressive. In search of a new adventure,but more so a place to relieve the urgent pressure on the walls of my bladder, I said Fck it and shouted EQUAL RIGHTS! (fist raised), as I trotted into the ladies room...to the howls of delight and support for equality of the sexes of the women online. For those of you who've been in the "Ladies" room at a concert you can imagine the queue right up to the doors of the stalls, so I got into the ready position at the first in a line of eight sinks and began my surgical strike.The women were shrieking at the complexity of my chosen stunt and the amazing display of technical skill in my performance that they were throwing things at me! As you might have guessed to maintain such precision I couldn't divert my focus so I can only assume it was panties, phone numbers on paper, etc. Well I thought I should use the opportunity to give them a real treat, after all they were all blank stares and bored waiting for stalls, so I leaned back, banked it of the mirror and began cycling through all the major classical scultpure poses...NAILING THEM. Amist the stunned cries of HOLY SHT and some other assorted amazements including: "get the fck outta here!", (and some compound words I never heard before), I was leaning, arching my back and opened my eyes, (yes I can do it with my eyes closed!) and what do I see? Graffitti on THE CEILING! It said: sexy gear smokes,or my sex gear smokes or I smoked my sex gear...it was a bit hazy with all the smoke but it was definitely those three words. Well about two/three minutes later drunk with glory I made my way out of the ladies room throng, (yes, I washed my hands...I'm NOT a pig!), to reviews like:"UNBELIEVEABLE", relieved...(I was a bit dizzy from my last spin manuver)but the ladies graciously parted like the Red Sea in the direction of the exit, some even patting me on the back, (so hard I nearly fell over a couple times!).

My next trip to the bathroom, (#2) a stall was graciously made available as the logistics of dropping the bomb of an encore I was planning to would have blown some minds!

Well you asked...

...and it's a GREAT place to meet women,the girl/guy ratio was just right! I met a few girl friends this way...

Re: Monica, I guess that depends on what you definition of cigar IS

Last edited:

KiKi Kat

Rocket Surgeon said:
(Sigh),well here goes...

I was in DC at a Dixie Chicks Lou Rawls Concert, (or was that Whitney Houston/Skynyrd?),spending what seemed like an eternity between acts on line at the mens room. as I got within site of the door I noticed all of these women going into the mens room and thought to myself, (what a wonderful world)...how progressive. In search of a new adventure,but more so a place to relieve the urgent pressure on the walls of my bladder, I said Fck it and shouted EQUAL RIGHTS! (fist raised), as I trotted into the ladies room...to the howls of delight and support for equality of the sexes of the women online. For those of you who've been in the "Ladies" room at a concert you can imagine the queue right up to the doors of the stalls, so I got into the ready position at the first in a line of eight sinks and began my surgical strike.The women were shrieking at the complexity of my chosen stunt and the amazing display of technical skill in my performance that they were throwing things at me! As you might have guessed to maintain such precision I couldn't divert my focus so I can only assume it was panties, phone numbers on paper, etc. Well I thought I should use the opportunity to give them a real treat, after all they were all blank stares and bored waiting for stalls, so I leaned back, banked it of the mirror and began cycling through all the major classical scultpure poses...NAILING THEM. Amist the stunned cries of HOLY SHT and some other assorted amazements including: "get the fck outta here!", (and some compound words I never heard before), I was leaning, arching my back and opened my eyes, (yes I can do it with my eyes closed!) and what do I see? Graffitti on THE CEILING! It said: sexy gear smokes,or my sex gear smokes or I smoked my sex gear...it was a bit hazy with all the smoke but it was definitely those three words. Well about two/three minutes later drunk with glory I made my way out of the ladies room throng, (yes, I washed my hands...I'm NOT a pig!), to reviews like:"UNBELIEVEABLE", relieved...(I was a bit dizzy from my last spin manuver)but the ladies graciously parted like the Red Sea in the direction of the exit, some even patting me on the back, (so hard I nearly fell over a couple times!).

My next trip to the bathroom, (#2) a stall was graciously made available as the logistics of dropping the bomb of an encore I was planning to would have blown some minds!

Well you asked...

...and it's a GREAT place to meet women,the girl/guy ratio was just right! I met a few girl friends this way...

Re: Monica, I guess that depends on what you definition of cigar IS

Wow!! I just had to ask. :eek: I really hope it was the Skynyrd concert though. I don't like the Dixie Chicks or Whitney Houston. And I don't know who Lou Rawls is.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Not a bad way to be, don't want to develop into a habit. Any you like more than others, ( bothered to check one while partaking?) or are you usually too, well you know, to notice?

Hah, no, I don't think I've been far gone at all on any of these occasions. I've noted the band at the time, but haven't retained the info; part of this is that this friend of mine received an assortment of 30 some cigars with a humidor he purchased, and most of the ones I've smoked came from those. So there hasn't been much consistency as to kind.

Of course, talking about this really makes me want a good glass of Scotch as much as anything else...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm considering one or two myself about now, any recommendations?

I've had a good experience with the Balvenie Doublewood 12 year Scotch. And the Dewar's White Label seems pretty reliable, a bit more on the honey/vanilla side of the spectrum.

A good friend and I watched the Leonids, (too much cloud cover to be good), a couple of beers, laughed our asses off to Robert Schimell and had a nice ROMEO Y JULIETA VINTAGE III CIGAR.

Origin: Dominican Republic
Length: 5.00
Ring: 50
Strength: Mild-Medium
Wrapper Color: Light Brown (N)
Wrapper Type: Ecuador Connecticut
Binder: Mexico
Filler: Dominican Republic
Shape: Parejo

Professor, I'll get back to you once I've had the chance:

Attila the Professor said:
... with the Balvenie Doublewood 12 year Scotch.

Looking forward to it.

Stephen Jared

I smoke PUNCH cigars. Haven't smoked anything else for a few years now. A Sierra Nevada beer and a Punch cigar ends the long work day just swell for me. Might try one, RS.

Stephen Jared said:
I smoke PUNCH cigars. Haven't smoked anything else for a few years now. A Sierra Nevada beer and a Punch cigar ends the long work day just swell for me. Might try one, RS.
The Zino was my favorite, but apparently the distributor is unpopular so it's difficult to find one or two, (I'm not about buying a box). The Punch is a nice cigar, I'm enjoying the R & J Vintage III too much these days to even want to switch.

Have a good story about Tony La Russo which I'll tell later...

The_Raiders

I'm a cheap skate as well, I've only smoked black and milds. I admit I have smoked before to look cool, but only when girls were around ;) But if girls aren't in the picture I smoke whatever is around to be smoked just because it's there.

Dr Bones

I have just started to dabble with cigars as a friend of mine passed some my way.

They are stupidly expensive in the UK and with massive taxation it costs 5 times more to buy them here than in other European countries. Then we also have a smoking ban in force in all public places which makes appreciation of them a little less accessible.

Pubs are closing because people can buy cheaper booze for consumption at home and smoke at home, yet drink/smoking related disease is at an all time high! Well done nanny state....FAIL!

Anyway.....I always thought Cuban was the way to go but I am told Cuban's tend to be too tightly wrapped and there is an element of it being more about the illicit smoking of Cuban than actually of a decent cigar....I'm told Dominican are better?

I am a novice who enjoys whatever decent cigars I can get my hands on!

Going to indulge in a little private reserve and then...off to enjoy a Vintage III while watching the Yankees get stomped by the Texas Rangers!