What Fedora Do You Own?

Which Fedora Do You Own

• Total voters

Mickiana

We should have a poll that differentiates the hats that are in the "Other" section, since it has gained the most votes. Akubra and Penman seem to be two biggies that would be enumerated. It would be interesting to see their precise numbers, as precise as these polls get.

sgttom

I have a water proof, crush-able, Dorfman Pacific. I got it basically brand new on eBay for $20. It looked pretty bad. The brim was flat, and the indents were on the side and not more toward the front. However It looks good now that I've reshaped it. The quality is nice, it fits me well doesn't fall of my head or wobble around.
The two things I don't like are:
1. the edges of the brim are folded in and sewed shut
2. When I wear it the two indents on the front of the hat don't stay indented

Maybe the latter is the fact that it isn't tall enough.

Still its a nice hat for $20

fenris

There's no way to change my vote, right?

I voted, "others"... but now I own a Christy's and I really love it! I wear it everytime I go out (I sometimes wear it at home too... hahaha!).

:hat:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

Joosse

I voted other, since I own an Akubra.

Wich I love, by the way....

p1020097cow.jpg

fenris

Here's my Christy's...

Marko_Indy01b.jpg

I just photoshopped out the background and put in a more "adventure-ish" one. I don't have an Indy jacket... just this brown denim jacket which I find suits me just fine.

indyclone25

Ironclaw said:
45085330663891806590351n.jpg

My DP hat. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm not an Indy purist with it...

Taken at Gettysburg Summer of 09'
being an indy purist isnt so bad , my first hat was the dp, i liked the way the color looked and to me it had the most look to a temple of doom style , minus the teardrop bash, a good hat to start in tho :D now save up 100 bucks for the todds downtowner and then you'll be on your way to a nicer looking hat:whip:

lairdo

I have a 1984 Stetson which is a branded Indiana Jones hat.

I'll try to take some good pix of it and upload it. I've never found one I like better. I wore it to my wedding in 1993. Badly scanned picture...

wedding.jpg

Exulted Unicron

Unfortunately, my budget doesn't allow for an adventurbilt or dorfman pacific. I bought one of the Disney fedoras from the Adventure Outfitters in Disney's Hollywood Studios. It was right after seeing the Epic Stunt Spectacular. Then after that, I went back and bought the Shorty baseball cap, the Jock Baseball cap, the white Belloq hat and the Panama Jack hat

DocWhiskey

Exulted Unicron said:
Unfortunately, my budget doesn't allow for an adventurbilt or dorfman pacific. I bought one of the Disney fedoras from the Adventure Outfitters in Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Dorfman Pacific makes the Disney/Licensed Indy hats. So you got one! (y)

Ironclaw

indyclone25 said:
being an indy purist isnt so bad , my first hat was the dp, i liked the way the color looked and to me it had the most look to a temple of doom style , minus the teardrop bash, a good hat to start in tho :D now save up 100 bucks for the todds downtowner and then you'll be on your way to a nicer looking hat:whip:

Anybody own a downtowner so they can comment on its pluses/minuses? I'm thinking about getting one. Pics would be appreciated.

indyclone25

Ironclaw said:
Anybody own a downtowner so they can comment on its pluses/minuses? I'm thinking about getting one. Pics would be appreciated.
hi i have a downtowner and i have pics , but my downtowner was one of the first ones made by todd.so my height of the crown was a bit taller than what it is now. todd also told me that they have fixed the height of the downtowner to match that of their uptowner which i also have ( i will post pics of both hats) so if you decide on the downtowner you will be quite pleased with it i'm sure.
the downtowner----- is stiff like the dorfman hat but has the brim that looks like the style from the film and the hat is very streets of cairo looking.
in this pic the downtowner is set next to my dorfman --so you can see the difference of the height of the hat
newindyhat007.jpg

in these two next pics , they showcase the uptowner(on the left) and the downtowner (on the right) as you can see the the uptowner is shorter in the crown of the downtowner , but mind you they have corrected the size of the crown of the downtowner to match with the uptowner now.
the downtowner being much stiffer holds it shape when placed on a hard surface.
newuptowner004.jpg

newuptowner002.jpg

so i hope this helps in your decision on buying a downtowner :D i wear mine just bout every other day ( i switch off between my up and downtowners)they are both great hats and great affordable prices !