Blade Runner 2049

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
Nobody walks in L.A.

That said, this is beautiful.

[jokingly]You just said that because the bar tables make the scene look like a nightclub.

To an East Coaster that image is disconcertingly like Penn Station:

Screen%20Shot%202013-05-30%20at%204.43.56%20PM.png

(someone please help with the formatting)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
[jokingly]You just said that because the bar tables make the scene look like a nightclub.

I said it because of this song:

She looks Like Daryl Hannah, a bit, no?

d2a1eaa3707c1b89b24aaddeaac805d5.jpg

Joe Brody

Well played and agreed.

I caught the Missing Persons reference. I confess to be old enough to be able to fess up that I danced to that song at an under-club.

Still not really looking forward to this film though.

roundshort

I wonder if these reboots and long awaited sequels are just away of trying to make the millennials and younger kids feel like they were part of the golden 80's? I mean when they turn 40 and older they will have a bunch of comic movies. No Raiders, Star Wars, Rambo, Shinning, Blade Runner, etc etc etc

IndyBuff

I love the original and have no desire for a sequel of any kind. This whole thing feels like a disaster just waiting to happen.

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
I like this guy - what he said!

No way. Go the other way. Blend the cinematic universe's. Have Deckard travel to Arcadia 234 and run into another 'replicant'....Han Solo.... looking for new Graboids to smuggle.

Looper meets Tremors

It's a HIT!

curmudgeon

We have a title:

Blade Runner 2049

I just hope audiences aren't confused and think it's the 2049th Cut of the original.

Z dweller

curmudgeon said:
We have a title:

Blade Runner 2049
30 years after the original movie, perfect. I stand by my theory, it fits like a glove. (y)

De Armas = Rachael and Deckard's daughter, and quite possibly Juri = Pris and Roy's offspring.

curmudgeon said:
I just hope audiences aren't confused and think it's the 2049th Cut of the original.
:p

Short-Round

If ever a movie should be left alone, it is this one. Any attempt at a remake is nothing less than sacrilege in my opinion. :mad:

Z dweller

Short-Round said:
If ever a movie should be left alone, it is this one. Any attempt at a remake is nothing less than sacrilege in my opinion. :mad:
With Taffy Lewis' voice: "This ain't no remake, pal."

Z dweller

Collider has this interview with Mackenzie Davies, in which she declares:
"I think there’s an equal mix of resistance and excitement about it, which I felt, as well. I both desperately wanted to be in it and was just very, very skeptical. And then, I read the script and the script was so wonderful".

Considering Ford was also very enthusiastic about the script, I am starting to feel quite good about BR 2049, and hope it turns out to be a worthy sequel. (y)

Davies also states: "this is very much in line and honors the original while being its own chapter in a story"

Very encouraging stuff indeed, I can't wait!