Smitty's Junk

Sharkey

Where's that retarded comment?
Oh...whoops!

The 1911 and the short barrel are my favorite Indy guns. What else did he have backup for?

Says a lot about him.

Now back to the short bus full of dancing children.

Montana Smith

I liberated some more junk today.

A Spanish Civil War Nationalist brass belt buckle:

100_0138.jpg

100_0139.jpg

A deactivated Vincenzo Bernadelli Mod. 60 .22 LR automatic, based on the Walther PPK.

100_0141.jpg

100_0140.jpg

The Model 60 was made from 1959 until imports were prohibited by the American Gun Control Act of 1968. Bernadelli then ceased production of this model.

Montana Smith

DiscoLad said:
You just have money to burn don't you, Montana?

If only I had the money to burn on a genuine wartime Luger. :gun:

DiscoLad said:
I prefer this pistol to the earlier one posted by far.

Which one? The Bernadelli?

The Luger is a classic design running through both World Wars, though the Walther P38 took over from it.

Montana Smith

Continuing the Italian theme, then.

A blank firing Beretta Model 1934 9mm semi-automatic (made by RMI, Japan, probably in the 1960s).

100_0158.jpg

100_0156.jpg

And I bought two small western collections to sell (mainly those big belt buckles, which don't interest me). Out of these, I'll keep this little lot:

100_0160.jpg

A Price Western Leather tie-down holster; a re-enactor's brass Confederate States of America hat badge, and officer's hat cord.

Montana Smith

DiscoLad said:
That model 1934 just isn't my cup of tea.
Looks like a toy, for crying out loud.

In the early 1930s the Italian army was impressed by the compact Walther PP, and since Beretta didn't want to lose a big military contract to their German competitor, they designed the M1934.It was then issued as a standard service firearm to the Italian armed forces.

241_2.jpg

241_5.jpg

241_1.jpg

Caliber : 9mm Corto / 9×17mm Browning Short (.380 ACP)
Action : SA - Single action
Length : 150 mm
Height : 123 mm
Barrel length : 88 mm
Weight unloaded : 625 gramms
Capacity : 7 rounds

Fitted with the characteristic Beretta open slide, the M1934 has a very reliable feeding and extraction cycle; the elongated slot in the top of the slide acts as the ejection port. It is made with relatively few parts and very simple to maintain. The M1934 is very robust in construction with a service life believed to be over 100 years if properly maintained.

Beretta Model 1934 pistol is a simple blowback operated weapon. It uses typical 'Beretta-style' open top slide design, with return spring located below the barrel. The barrel is stationary during firing, but can be easily removed for inspection or maintenance. Trigger is of single action type, with exposed hammer. Manual safety lever is located at the left side of the frame, above the trigger, and requires full 180o rotation to engage (lever pointing rearward, letter 'S' exposed) or disengage (lever pointing forward, letter 'F' or red dot exposed). The same safety lever is used as a slide lock during disassembly, to hold slide to the rear. There is no dedicated slide stop mechanism, but the slide remains open after the last shot, being captured in the open position by the magazine follower. The slide automatically closes itself on the empty chamber as soon as empty magazine is withdrawn. The single stack box magazine holds 7 rounds. Magazine release is located at the base of the grip.

http://www.weapon.ge/index.php?sel=1&id=241&man=&coun=16&cat=&l=en

Montana Smith

Moving back into more Indiana Jones territory, a Sam Browne holster made by Pearson and Sons, dated 1916:

100_0162.jpg

100_0163.jpg

100_0165.jpg

And an explanation courtesy of karkeeweb.com:

The reverse of the Holster has the design features that make an old form of Holster very specifically “Sam Browne”. It was designed specifically for wear on the right side only, with a fairlead for the Belt, stitched tightly to allow no rotational movement. A piece of leather, of inverted trapezoidal shape, was stitched on with an alignment that canted the butt forward and the barrel backwards. Sam’s intention was to avoid hitting your horse, should the pistol discharge accidentally! The rear vertical edge of the fairlead was extended to carry a Billet hook, which then fitted into a punched hole in the belt, to prevent lateral movement. Unlike Sam’s original, the flap was secured by a billet and stud.

http://www.karkeeweb.com/patterns/o...ponents/carriers/sam_browne_compo_pistol.html

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
Good to see you back, pal. You've been absent from the forums for a while. It's not been the same! :D

Thanks, kong!

For a while I lost the will to post. Too much deja vu looking at the threads here going round in circles. :hat:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Harold Camping's Rapture happened Finn, just not like he thought. It really is 2002 and we have to do Indy IV all over again.

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Harold Camping's Rapture happened Finn, just not like he thought. It really is 2002 and we have to do Indy IV all over again.

Oh, the horror! The horror! :D

Old Harold got his dates wrong. It's something like 21st October now, the same day that Lucas was planning to announce Indy V. (So another lucky escape! :p )

Montana Smith

Mickiana said:
Very impressive collection, Montana. You will have to set up a museum to display all of this one day.

Thanks, Mickiana. Any day now I should have a board on the wall to display the guns and holsters.

Last edited: