Who would survive being Indiana Jones?

Junior Jones

Never having been in the military, I can't say for sure, but I think Indy could handle the physical aspects of being a Marine. I imagine he would have trouble dealing with authority.

(In World War I, he did what he was told, but chafed under the authority. As a grown man, I don't think he would stand for being yelled at and bossed around.)

roundshort

It's the little discomforts, not the major confrontations that make you last. I think Indy's sense of humor is very typical for a Marine, everyone I knew (that a sense of humor, some didn't usually german, had a very Indy type lip.

theinfiniteweird

I just have to start by saying this is probably the most brilliant thread idea I've ever seen. This is awesome. I'm a little late (fourth page, i think), but that's not the point. Brilliant, Dumi.

To answer the question:

I don't like snakes or spiders much myself- no phobias, just the natural dislike a lot of us have. But indy does get lost a few times (like the beginning of ToD). I do have a phobia of being lost- when I'm lost or even think I could get lost, no matter if I'm in Antarctica with no food or in the local Wal*Mart, and i start to think about it too much, I start to wig out. Granted, the first scenario would have me crying and making frozen lemonade down the old legs, but still, a phobia is a phobia. So I guess the only thing I wouldn't be able to hack is the lost thing.

But the cutting of the bridge, under the truck, whip action and meeting Hitler-while I'd be petrified with some of it, I could take it. Granted i'd need to start slow and gain experince, but I think I could do it.

Indy_(heheheh)

ok, i think i could survive being indy...for a couple of reasons,

i think snakes are cute,

i love exploring creepy ancient secret passage places and looking for things long forgotten,

nazis, even though they can be intelligent, I could probably get away from because, being 14, i am quick,

i have that insane luck that gets me out of tight spots, and the intelligence to outsmart traps, such as the dart thing in raiders.

and i have the cool little lopsided smile thing down too... :)

_____on the flipside_____

i too am afraid of spiders, maybe not tarantulas, cause i dont think they bite........right?......and they arent poisonous......right?... :confused:

(but oh my god, if youve ever heard how nasty ship rats are? well, we have this school brand of wolf spiders, wiry, evil little things, and they actually chase kids down the hall charging at top speed...and there as big a quarters... :eek: )

im good with aim on guns, but have never actually fired one to expirience the recoil...

my whip is from the party store,... need i say more?...

the first time i cracked it, i somehow managed to draw blood...(but hey, not even indy figured that one out the first time)...

my whip skills are in need of tutoring,...(if anyone can point me in the right direction, please do)...

wow, you know what?...i think id settle for going on an adventure with him instead... :D ...*shrug*...

indifan101

If I was Indiana Jones I would of died in Last Crusade when it came to choosing the grail. Otherwise I would of lived through the first two movies. Maybe? I might do well because I love to search for ancient artifacts and treasures. Including exploring temples .My mom's cousin is an archieologist and he finds ancient artifacts to . That is one job I would love to have! Anywhere I would be at my fedora would be right there on my head! I think we all have the Indiana Jones spirit in us because we all want adventure and action in our lives

Last edited: