The Haters thread

Leiter91

It has come to my attention that there are numerous forum members who have a deep hatred of KOTCS...So instead of trolling in random threads...why don't we just take all our negativity, all of our dissapointments, and all of our hate...and funnel it into one dark thread. So...let the sleeze run, let the smear build up. And Lovers, stay away, and don't pull this thread down...This is my attempt to indecent, decently. Okay...let the games begin...

Finn

Staff member
Nah, forum policies. Don't ask - we don't understand 'em all ourselves.

Sankara

I still can't believe that they did this lousy embarrassing movie... but I'm glad that the most poeple on this planet think that this movie is lousy... So, Spielberg, Lucas and Ford know that Indy 4 is one the worst sequels of all time...

Well, the Thread "Lies about Indy 4" is closed now but it was one of the best Threads in the history of the Raven...

These lies from the makes are so.... oh boy...

The Man

My initial hatred has mellowed into resigned apathy. I care no more. Anybody else feel that it could be some time before you watch the originals again?

graz

The Man said:
My initial hatred has mellowed into resigned apathy. I care no more. Anybody else feel that it could be some time before you watch the originals again?

I know what you mean (not about Indy because we don't agree on that), but I had the same experience with Star Wars recently. I think the prequels were the start of the rot and I just kinda got disallusioned with the whole franchise. I actually sold my DVD box set of the originals recently because I didn't have any urge to watch them. (n)

EddyW

I try to overcome the apathy by overwriting my memories of the film by reading Darabont's script (which doesn't undo the damage done honestly) and thinking how the movie could have been if they changed "this and that", but it doesn't really seem to work. Flashes of fridges flying through the air still break my heart a little... :(

Wittmann

My feelings went from excitement (before the release) to disbelief (while viewing) to disappointment (the week after) to "dont care anymore" (now).

Lets pretend the 4th movie never happened.

The Man

Here's a real toughie: can any present 'hater' envisage a future time - even years from now - when they might warm to the movie?

EddyW

It's happened to me more than once that I've warmed to a film I didn't like at first, but that was mainly because I was too young to appreciate it and my understanding and tastes in film evolved, not devolved. I can see myself appreceating the original trilogy more now that I now they don't (and can't) make 'em like that anymore.

Dr. Wolfwood

I'm not sure I hate the "Unmentionable 4th", but it was still a great disappointment after all these months and years of expectations. But, having seen how Lucas managed to ruin the SW prequels, I should not be surprised...

OmegaSeamaster

Wittmann said:
My feelings went from excitement (before the release) to disbelief (while viewing) to disappointment (the week after) to "dont care anymore" (now).

Lets pretend the 4th movie never happened.

I'm all for that.

I only watched each Star Wars prequel a total of once each. I honestly don't remember much about them anymore. So time's been my ally.

I don't think I'll ever see Indy 4 again. Won't miss it either.

DarthMickey

There seemed to be a feeling with all Spelberg and Lucas Fans that they could still pull together and make something once again that's truly a modern masterpiece. We all know the films they have made in the past.With KOTCS it is finally sealed in Cement that will last longer than a Pyramid that those days are long Gone.It's over and will never return.The signs have been there for years and so have there pile of new Movies that are Crap. Hope is lost. Long live the classics! It's all we will ever have. :hat: :hat:

OmegaSeamaster

DarthMickey said:
There seemed to be a feeling with all Spelberg and Lucas Fans that they could still pull together and make something once again that's truly a modern masterpiece. We all know the films they have made in the past.With KOTCS it is finally sealed in Cement that will last longer than a Pyramid that those days are long Gone.It's over and will never return.The signs have been there for years and so have there pile of new Movies that are Crap. Hope is lost. Long live the classics! It's all we will ever have. :hat: :hat:

I couldn't have said it better myself. They should have just let a sleeping dog lie, but at this stage they viewed Indy 4 as a quick payday. They're long past the days of doing justice to their stories and are now just focusing on making a quick buck.

MaxPhactor23

The Man said:
Here's a real toughie: can any present 'hater' envisage a future time - even years from now - when they might warm to the movie?

I've already warmed to it per say. I wouldn't classify myself as a hater. The second viewing was far superior once you know what to expect. I?m also far from a lover though. I'm just not in denial either. It's far from perfect and naturally much is different about it in comparison to the former films. That's undeniable. I?ve written a re-write in my head that I truly believe would have pleased a lot more people then the official movie. It?s far less of a 50?s B movie and far more of an Indiana Jones film.

Niteshade007

I agree, MaxPhactor. I don't consider myself a "hater," but disappointed. It was an enjoyable film, and the first time I saw it I left the theater a little sad but mostly happy that I got to see an Indiana Jones film on the big screen. The second time, like you said, it was more enjoyable because I knew what to expect.

The film has a LOT of flaws, but to simply ignore either the film or its flaws is pretty silly.