Do you think Indy's WWI service is known to the U.S. government?

Raiders90

Just curious as to what you guys think. Do you think the fact that he served in the Belgian and France spy agencies and for the Belgian Army during WWI is known to the US Government?

TheFedora

Raiders112390 said:
Just curious as to what you guys think. Do you think the fact that he served in the Belgian and France spy agencies and for the Belgian Army during WWI is known to the US Government?

Wasnt this stated pretty clearly in KOTC? I think when he's being interrogated after escaping the fridge one of the agents mentions his service.

JasonMa

TheFedora said:
Wasnt this stated pretty clearly in KOTC? I think when he's being interrogated after escaping the fridge one of the agents mentions his service.
I believe they were talking about his WWII service in KOTC.

Glenville86

I doubt anyone in the government was tracking him. Back then, the US government did not keep close tabs on people. You could just move somewhere and reinvent yourself if you wanted. When people started getting social security numbers in November 1936, the tracking was started........The first registration for the draft started in 1940.

Finn

Staff member
I meant why does it matter in-universe. You know, from the government's perspective.

Could it be something that potentially bars him for service? I don't think there are any verifiable records, and after all he did in RotLA, no one's probably going to question his loyalty to the Stars & Stripes.

Raiders90

Finn said:
I meant why does it matter in-universe. You know, from the government's perspective.

Could it be something that potentially bars him for service? I don't think there are any verifiable records, and after all he did in RotLA, no one's probably going to question his loyalty to the Stars & Stripes.

True but wouldn't he be considered potentially a "foreign agent"? I mean prior to Raiders. I mean I could see if he just served in the Belgian Army - that's one thing - but his service record includes service for the French and British intelligence agencies, with a questionable record with Matari Hari.