Raiders Glasses

Does anybody have any info on these?

RAIDERS+OF+THE+LOST+ARK+GLASSES.jpg

I know about the 7-Up Temple glasses that were sold at various fast food outlets (with their various logos added to the backs) but I've never seen these before.

I found a site here that mentions they were done by Coca-Cola and that they were never released (as well as another article from 2013 that claimed a set recently sold for $500!), but I thought maybe you lot might have a bit more to quell my curiosity...if there actually is anything more to it than that.

They are prototypes of unreleased Coca Cola glasses. No one knows why the prom0tion never happened (I interviewed folks at Coke, LFL and Burger King)... it is also thought that less than 2 dozen sets still exist.

$500 for a set would be an amazing price. I paid over $500 per glass and it took me 10 years to find a set worth owning (some are not in good shape).

I also own the project binder from the late designer of the glasses - it contains correspondence from LFL as well as tons of thumbnails, full size photos and slides for the artist to use in his creating the art for the glasses.

neverAcquiesce said:
Does anybody have any info on these?

RAIDERS+OF+THE+LOST+ARK+GLASSES.jpg

I know about the 7-Up Temple glasses that were sold at various fast food outlets (with their various logos added to the backs) but I've never seen these before.

I found a site here that mentions they were done by Coca-Cola and that they were never released (as well as another article from 2013 that claimed a set recently sold for $500!), but I thought maybe you lot might have a bit more to quell my curiosity...if there actually is anything more to it than that.