cool clues for jungle scenes

sunshinestate1992

those new legos do reveal some scenes.
we all know about the jungle cutter fight
that cuts the trees and the temple.
but the river chase and the jungle duel are sorta new wow.

kongisking

What do you mean by 'jungle cutter'? I've never heard this term before. Are you saying like a giant buzz saw slicing through the air, or what? :confused:

oki9Sedo

In any case its obvious now that the film is jungle-centred, with at least two action set pieces in the jungle.

seasider

We still have whatever they were shooting in the New Mexico desert and of course the chase sequence on Marshall college campus to add to the list of set pieces. I can hardly wait.

oki9Sedo

seasider said:
We still have whatever they were shooting in the New Mexico desert and of course the chase sequence on Marshall college campus to add to the list of set pieces. I can hardly wait.

A chase sequence involving slow 1950s cars? I'd imagine that chase will be the weakest set-piece.

seasider

oki9Sedo said:
A chase sequence involving slow 1950s cars? I'd imagine that chase will be the weakest set-piece.

1950's cars slow? They weren't exactly sports cars but 50's cars were anything but slow. In many ways the cars built back then were tougher than what we have now. Spielberg turned a bunch of pre-World War II 1930's vehicles into exciting chase sequences in previous Indy movies. I think he can pull off a clever sequence with 1950 cars chasing a motorcycle.

seasider said:
1950's cars slow? They weren't exactly sports cars but 50's cars were anything but slow. In many ways the cars built back then were tougher than what we have now. Spielberg turned a bunch of pre-World War II 1930's vehicles into exciting chase sequences in previous Indy movies. I think he can pull off a clever sequence with 1950 cars chasing a motorcycle.

Hardly groundbreaking though. It'd even be going over old ground from the Indy movies themselves.

Boat/river chase/action scene and the jungle cutter scene sound promising, but I hope the new haven chase isn't one of the biggies of the set pieces of this movie, it'd seem a bit pedestrian if so.

oki9Sedo

StwongBwidge said:
Hardly groundbreaking though. It'd even be going over old ground from the Indy movies themselves.

Boat/river chase/action scene and the jungle cutter scene sound promising, but I hope the new haven chase isn't one of the biggies of the set pieces of this movie, it'd seem a bit pedestrian if so.

Agreed. A 1950s car chase with Indy not even in his traditional gear will most likely be the one fans talk about the least.

A_True_Believer

Don't forget that Indy was not in his "traditional" gear for the boat chase of LC, nor for the club fight in TOD, and both of those sequences were pretty good. I don't think it really matters what he's wearing.

Also, if I remember correctly, Mutt and Indy will be driving through a library in one part of the scene. I wouldn't really call that pedestrian. ;)

oki9Sedo

A_True_Believer said:
Don't forget that Indy was not in his "traditional" gear for the boat chase of LC, nor for the club fight in TOD, and both of those sequences were pretty good. I don't think it really matters what he's wearing.

Also, if I remember correctly, Mutt and Indy will be driving through a library in one part of the scene. I wouldn't really call that pedestrian. ;)

The TOD he was wearing a tuxedo in reference to James Bond's appearance in Goldfinger, a major source of inspiration for Lucas and Spielberg.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
A_True_Believer said:

Driving through a library, eh? I don't remember hearing that.

NileQT87

a library and a church if i remember correctly.

remember that this whole '50s theme is definitely close at heart for george lucas (american graffiti, anybody?). there is bound to be a lot of love put into the '50s material... as much so as they put into '30s serials and nazis. spielberg and lucas are both big fans of that culture as well (spielberg once told teri garr that his favorite movie was viva las vegas--which she was a backup dancer in--on the set of close encounters of the third kind). in fact, spielberg has stated that he dreams of making an old-fashioned musical one day. while he was against the musical segment in temple of doom, it had nothing to do with him not liking musicals, but rather that the public isn't very big on them--same as he said when he wanted to do a musical but hadn't for that very reason.

these guys are quite old-fashioned in their tastes for material in many ways. they try to move with the flow (spielberg more successfully), though george lucas is very much attached to bringing old tribute material for new audiences... whether that is flash gordon, "anything goes" or going to the hop.

as for '50s cars--this sounds like george lucas' wet dream to revisit cruisin' and drag races. george lucas LOVES cars. he almost lost his life when he was younger because of a car crash and american graffiti was a very personal film for him. indy IV is an excuse for him to revisit that. and the fact that mutt is dressed up like a greaser/juvenile delinquent, the amazing amount of motorcycles and cars we've been seeing... this is a lot like his idea to put '30s fantasy musical tap-dance girls in temple of doom. he's always used indy as his 'anything goes' whim vehicle to have fun with the eras.

Last edited: