Last Crusade House in Antonito, Colorado

The Drifter

Ripley's Cat said:
May he who accommodated this...

...accommodate me!

I see that So Wa Moo (or whatever) is back.

TalkDoctor, that sounds like a wonderful idea. But, do you think you'd make any profit with it? I mean how many Indiana Jones fans would stay there? Is there a big enough fanbase to warrant the purchase?

TalkDoctor

That is one thing that I am unsure about. How many fans would want to stay there? What ideas do you all have to make it work?

The Drifter

I would stay there, but my budget would never let me.
I would say that there would definitely be Indy fans that would stay there, and also movie buffs.
Not only would you spend money to purchase the home, but also to remodel it the way you wish, and the advertising of it.

I would talk to people who know more about these types of things, and get as much input from all fields (Indy fans, movie buffs, real estate agents, etc). Also, would this violate any copyright laws with LucasFilm? How would you use the Indiana Jones name if it did?

TalkDoctor

Drifter, thanks for the ideas. I am looking everywhere for ideas. What other ideas to Raven members have? How should this place be presented. Would a Indy Childhood bedroom design be more important than an entry room designed like in the movie? Where could I advertise this place? Thanks.

The Drifter

TalkDoctor said:
Drifter, thanks for the ideas. I am looking everywhere for ideas. What other ideas to Raven members have? How should this place be presented. Would a Indy Childhood bedroom design be more important than an entry room designed like in the movie? Where could I advertise this place? Thanks.

I'd say both. The entry room designed like the movie, as well as Indy's and Henry Sr's bedrooms. Also have an Alaskan Malamute there to greet guests.
As for advertising - Here at the Raven, maybe work a deal out with Gilles V to advertise on TheRaider. Make a dot com domain for the attraction, etc.

I did a search of the neighborhood about a year ago, (apparently it's been for sale for a while now) and there are ALL sorts of troubles including a lack of police force.

I'm sure with the way the economy has tanked, you find things worse, but if you're intent on buying it should help in the negotiations.

Check out the town info...

TalkDoctor

This is what I am looking for, I knew you guys would know about this house. What else can you tell me about how it has been advertised for sale in the past? Thanks. Would this be a possible location for an annual fan meeting/movie watching? Thanks.

5th and Front St Antonito, Colorado

If you need us to help you on this one...:rolleyes:

You need to check out the town stats...see if you're suited to that town. Hey try the street view off google earth check out your neighbors. Couple of salty looking dudes hanging out front!

TalkDoctor

What would it take to pull Indy fans to stay in the house? Thanks.

Does anyone remember what the high bid was on this house?

DetectiveJones

Your first house guests very well may be Lucasfilm attorneys! Seriously, this sounds cool. Do it for yourself, and for Indy, not for an investment.

G-Man

DetectiveJones said:
Your first house guests very well may be Lucasfilm attorneys!
That was my first thought too. Sounds great, just be careful from a legal standpoint...

HovitosKing

TalkDoctor said:
All, I am a newbie to your forum. I have been a big Indy fan for years. The Last Crusade Home is for sale in Colorado, myself and an investor are considering buying and making vacation/rental home with Indy's Childhood Home theme. This might be a way to make Indy more real to be able to stay in his childhood home. Please help me with ideas.... Thanks.

Sorry, that would be a colossal waste of money. Anyone who says different is lying to you.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I dug up the archived Craigslist-ing...
$149900 / 4br - Indiana Jones' Real Boyhood Home!! (Antonito)
Date: 2011-01-22, 10:32PM MST
This is the original set used as Indiana Jones' boyhood home in the movie 'The Last Crusade'! It is located in beautiful and historic Antonito, Colorado in the San Luis Valley. The 2,400 square foot house has four bedrooms and two bathrooms, is in perfect shape and surrounded by endless country and small towns, perfect for anyone with a love for the open range. Everything is still authentic to the movie from the scene where Indy is forced to count to a hundred in Latin to receiving his legendary fedora in the living room. It even still has 'Jones" written on the mailbox! Also in the area is the historic Cumbres and Toltec Railroad Train that passes by the house every once in a while just like the circus train in the movie! (It's actually the same railroad line, and you can ride it!). The home is also located close to several premier snowboarding and skiing locations in the mountains nearby. This is a MUST-HAVE for anyone who loves Indiana Jones and a great buy for its significance. It makes for a wonderful vacation home, residence or whatever your heart desires.
Call Fritz for more details
Since then, it's become a B&B.
http://indianajoneshome.com
Indiana Jones Home
Our 4 bedroom, 4 bath home located at 502 Front St., Antonito, Colorado was featured in the blockbuster Steven Spielberg movie, 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade'. In September of 1988, Antonito was home to the set, crew and stars of the blockbuster film. The film starred Harrison Ford and Sean Connery and was released in May of 1989. You will also recognize the local Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad train from the opening scenes of the ?Last Crusade? where young Indy is battling grave robbers for the Cross of Coronado. This memorable scene features the boy hiding in a circus train where he must rely on his skills with a bull whip to avoid a lion and to crawl through a car filled with deadly snakes. His fear of snakes and the scar on his chin are born during this exciting scene.

Ahh, but do they have the paintings up?

Indiana-Jones-And-The-Last-Crusade-The-Grail-Knight-Painting-The-Leap-of-Faith-prop-replica-2.jpg

vlcsnap-61578.jpg