View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #57
ReggieSnake
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipcracker666
Has courtesy ever existed on this board?

Not as far as I can tell. Btw, nice jacket kid. I'm rather envious. I always wanted one of those since I first visited Disney/ MGM studious as a kid.
While I understand that the styling isn't exactly screen accurate,I don't get why everybody seems to hate on the fedoras sold at Disney parks. I bought one about four years ago. I've worn it from Florida to California and back again and I can attest for for a $30 to $40 hat it's fairly durable. It's been on my head while exploring ancient indian ruins from the deserts of New Mexico to the Florida Everglades & Ten thousand islands. I even wear it in the river when I go fossil hunting. It's been stepped on, sat on, rained on, and dunked in the river and it still looks good. The lack of courtesy around here really is a shame though. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good debate as much as anybody but it seems as though some people are just hanging around waiting for somebody to post just so they can piss all over it.
I bought my hat out at Disneyland too, and it's not even a fedora. It's a leather hat with a braid instead of a ribbon, and as much as I'd like to own an honest-to-goodness Fedora someday, I bought that hat because I wanted something a little different. The same goes for my jacket as well; not even close to screen accurate, but it's nice enough and comfortable. I just couldn't afford to go all out and get a Wested or anything, but that doesn't bother me.

I guess I'm just trying to say that I agree with Attila (a few pages back), if you want screen accurate and that's your thing: go for it. Otherwise, as long as you're happy with it, what does it really matter?

As for courtesy, I think it can happen. I'd say there are more courtesy conscience folks on this forum than not, and certainly more than there are on some other forums.
ReggieSnake is offline   Reply With Quote