India/Sri Lanka

AlivePoet

Hey guys,

I'm heading to India and Sri Lanka for about a month in January. Has anyone been/what is there (besides the famous sites such as the Taj Mahal) that you would recommend? I plan on checking out some familiar Indy filming sites on Sri Lanka for sure :D

Sven

Hi there,

I was in Sri Lanka (and The Maldives) in 2004 and here you can find my report (in German) with a lot of pictures. Use the arrows below to navigate.

Our guide told us that here...

Urlaub2004%20270.jpg

Urlaub2004%20271.jpg

Urlaub2004%20273.jpg

..the ToD scenes with the rubber raft on the river were taken. It's near Kandy.

JRJENNINGS86

I enjoyed India very much. After hearing all of the stories from men and women who had motorcycled through the country side, I had to check it out. I am not familiar with the names of the places i saw, nor did i carry a map or gps. My Uncle and I threw all of that to the wind (Easy Rider style) and set out on an adventure. There is alot to see. The beauty of the country is breathtaking. I recommend to everyone (not to single anyone out but especialy Americans) check in with your local embasey after ariving there. they can give you detailed directions and sights to see. As a Marine I made sure i checked in due to the political unrest India and Pakistan still have.

I hope your trip is enjoyable and an adventure of a lifetime. :hat: