L.A. Noire

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Nurhachi1991 said:
Im suprised none of you are talking about this.... Its a great game.

I've been very close to picking it up the past couple of days, but as I'm not that likely to play much of it for now, I'll see if I can hold out until the price drops ten bucks or so.

Nurhachi1991

Same here lonesome ill admit there are some things I do not care for. The infinite ammo thing for one is kinda lame. Alos during street crimes I would like it if you could arrest the suspects other than just killing them. and the city itself seems more of just a set piece there is really nothing to do apart from drive to the mission locations and random street crimes. Even the interogations are a little off there have been times where I knew they were lying based on facial expression and I got it wrong

But small flaws aside It's a fantastic game and hope theres lots of dlc

Goodsport

I've played a little bit of the game on my PS3 so far and it's really good! :cool:

However, I probably won't go full-bore into the game until the PlayStation Store opens this coming Tuesday, May 24th. Only then will I be able to enter the game codes for "The Naked City" case, the Badge Pursuit Challenge and "The Consul's Car" traffic case included with my game, as well as the code for the Chicago Piano Gun I received in an email for pre-ordering the game before April 30th (I plan to purchase all the other store-exclusive cases and items once they become available as DLC's).

Interestingly, the game has the option to play the game either in color or in black & white. :D

Also, as with Red Dead Redemption, the Official Strategy Guide for L.A. Noire is well worth having. :)

-G

HovitosKing

I beat it in 3 days without setting out to, so I guess I'll give my take. As I just stated, it's short. I was surprised to get through it so quickly, given that GTAIV and Red Dead took considerably longer, but there it is. The story, graphics, and motion capture are fantastic. The linearity of the game and clumsy mechanics of the vehicles, plus difficulty getting the interviews down, were highly frustrating. Would have been easier to forgive with some online play, but Rockstar decided against that for some odd reason. Yeah you spend a lot of down time searching for clues and interrogating witnesses/suspects, and rarely wield a gun (and then for only a few seconds at a time). It can seem a bit draggish at times, but it's worth all that for a new type of gaming experience. All in all, 3.5/5. Overall very enjoyable, but a bit of a letdown imo. One of its real strengths and innovations, I think the facial motion capture was also one of its limitations in that story length, linearity of the plot, and relatively few add-on options were kind of the result of having to carefully manage real-life acting resources.

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
Judging from that above description, it sounds like an adventure game that is simply set in a sandbox.

HovitosKing

The Drifter said:
I've been playing it every day since it's release. But, I only play one case a day.

Probably the more enjoyable way to play it. I wish I'd taken my time with it a bit more.

Goodsport

lanoire_dlcsummercases.jpg

-G

Goodsport

L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass Video

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7vijdHMnAKs" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

HovitosKing

I've tried a couple of times now to play through again, mostly to pick up some trophies I missed out on the first time. This game is REALLY hard to get into for a second run...replay value imo is nonexistent. I downloaded two of the DLC cases that came free with my preorder, and they were okay, but nothing I would actually pay for. I'm already considering trading it in, which kind of pisses me off. I thought I'd get longer enjoyment out of this...I still play GTAIV years after its release. Oh well, on to the next.

HovitosKing

If I felt like I'd get more than 20 minutes of gameplay out of this, I might consider it. However, I just can't bring myself to do it. Let me know what you think, if anyone plays it.