Leather jacket in a washing machine?!?

The_Raiders

The Character said:
Hi,

NOTE:
If by chance you find as, sometimes happens, that the arms are now too short a top trick i learned.

Get two 2 litre Soda bottles
- Fill with warm water (not cold)
- Wet/soak only the arms of the jacket again in HOT as you can bear water
- place one bottle in each sleeve and put back on the suit hanger
- Ensure the bottles sit right down into the cuff (card wrapped around the base works)
- After an hour or so check on the progress ... I left mine overnight

Now put the jacket (now with long sleeves) back on .... wet arms AGAIN in the shower and go sit cross armed in front of the TV ...

You suppose this method would work on leather pants as well?

Goodeknight

mikieson said:
LOL...thats it..you have to buy me a Wested xxl jacket and send it my way..THEN I will take pics and video of me being drug...this is our plan right?? You have to do this for the good of the site LOL!!!

I wonder if we could set a world record if we got every Wested owner together to collectively get drug behind a large truck. Maybe 10 "whips" attached to the truck, with 10 Indys on each whip. Now that would be a memorable day, and a great way to scuff up a bunch of jackets at once.

The_Raiders

On topic, I HAD a Todds jacket. Let my buddy borrow it and his mom washed it. When I asked for it back, he said it got real stiff like cardboard and I think he said it shrunk, and his mom through it out.

Henry W Jones

mikieson said:
But what about the joys of being drug behind truck? I mean,that has to be pleasant right??..;)

At 6 years old it seemed like it would be the greatest of all time. At 36 years old I'm not so sure about that anymore. :D

Getting drug behind a truck. Very Dangerous. You go first. :p