Green Lantern

caats

heck yeah. with the big ol budget and great script reviews, i can't wait.

Release: June 17th, 2011
Director: Martin Campbell
Budget: 150 Million

Who's Hal Jordan? Here's some names that have been linked at some point, whether just for casting/talking to director or throwing their own name in/dumb internet rumor.

Ryan Gosling
Chris Pine
Bradley Cooper
Emile Hirsch
Casey Affleck
Shawn Roberts
Brian Austin Green
Anton Yelchin

i personally have been rooting for Pine or Gosling. Not to surprising that all these names have been linked, apparently Campbell likes to bring in lots to test. I remember what it was like before he/they picked Daniel Craig for Bond. hopefully they'll announce it with a promo pic like they did for Bond.

yZChWGr3kjsynkguo28h52X1o1_500.jpg

RedeemedChild

I'd like to see young Zac Effron cast as the Green Lantern, that would indeed be a nice way to introduce the Green Lantern to a younger audience.

Hopefully Jerry Bruckheimer and Bryan Singer can co-produce and direct this movie. Two wonderfuly film producers who have brought us wonderful films like National Treasure and Superman Returns would be the perfect combination for the Green Lantern especially with Mr. Bruckheimer bringing us The Lone Ranger and The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time next year, all this proves that he is more than well prepared to tackle a character like the Green Lantern.

QBComics

RedeemedChild said:
I'd like to see young Zac Effron cast as the Green Lantern, that would indeed be a nice way to introduce the Green Lantern to a younger audience.

Hopefully Jerry Bruckheimer and Bryan Singer can co-produce and direct this movie. Two wonderfuly film producers who have brought us wonderful films like National Treasure and Superman Returns would be the perfect combination for the Green Lantern especially with Mr. Bruckheimer bringing us The Lone Ranger and The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time next year, all this proves that he is more than well prepared to tackle a character like the Green Lantern.

:rolleyes:

10 characters

caats

RedeemedChild said:

watch out man. Star Trek had cleavage in it. and engine sexual innuendo!

caats

after seeing star trek, it kills me how perfect Pine would be for Jordan. but he probably won't cause A) Paramount would do their best to not let him man a franchise for WB B) it's like the exact same character.

RedeemedChild

DocWhiskey said:
No, just, no.

Hollywood has ****ed with these legendary characters too much as it is.

Sorry mate. I'm going all to way to Warner Bros./WB with my idea. Star Trek has done well making a come back and I know DC Comics wants their Green Lantern movie to attract a nice young generation. They did a good job with Brandon Routh in Superman Returns and many people felt like he was to "green" but he did a great job as far as I am concerned and I know Zac Effron could do the same my friend.

DocWhiskey

Routh was good as Supes. But he just didn't do anything in the movie. But it's the writers faults really. I'm sure Effron would be okay as GL. I mean, better than Keanu Reeves, but I just don't want it to become a Zack Effron movie and not a GL movie.

RedeemedChild

DocWhiskey said:
Routh was good as Supes. But he just didn't do anything in the movie. But it's the writers faults really. I'm sure Effron would be okay as GL. I mean, better than Keanu Reeves, but I just don't want it to become a Zack Effron movie and not a GL movie.

I understand your concern DocWhiskey. I feel for you to. Tom Wellington has ruined Smallville. It's nothing but a soap opera and not a superhero program. Yuck. I would not want Green Lantern to become a "girls rub me love" type of program either.

QBComics

RedeemedChild said:
Sorry mate. I'm going all to way to Warner Bros./WB with my idea. Star Trek has done well making a come back and I know DC Comics wants their Green Lantern movie to attract a nice young generation. They did a good job with Brandon Routh in Superman Returns and many people felt like he was to "green" but he did a great job as far as I am concerned and I know Zac Effron could do the same my friend.

You were serious!? Ewwww...

:eek:

caats

the flaw in that is that there's nothing cool about zac efron. he'd kill more interest than bring in.

RedeemedChild

caats said:
the flaw in that is that there's nothing cool about zac efron. he'd kill more interest than bring in.

Wait a second my friend. Don't write Zac Effron off. He is good in 17 Again from what I've heard and I really like him off screen. He seems to be a nice young gentleman. Perhaps he could play Green Lantern in his younger years.

caats

OOOoOOO he was good in 17 Again? now, i actually can see him turning into a respected actor. but not right now. he's not even a year removed from high school musical 3. it'll take a few roles for people to stop looking at him like that.

caats

I forgot to put Sam Worthington. I'd love him way more than Cooper. He's my #2. after Terminator and Avatar, he'll be a lot more recognizable after this year.

RedeemedChild

caats said:
I forgot to put Sam Worthington. I'd love him way more than Cooper. He's my #2. after Terminator and Avatar, he'll be a lot more recognizable after this year.

You mentioned Avatar. So when does Avatar The Last Airbender movie come out next year?

Hawkeye

RedeemedChild said:
You mentioned Avatar. So when does Avatar The Last Airbender movie come out next year?

He means Avatar, a sci-fi film directed by James Cameron which comes out this year.

RedeemedChild

Hawkeye said:
He means Avatar, a sci-fi film directed by James Cameron which comes out this year.

Ahh, James Cameron is very good. I found Mr. Cameron's Ghosts of the Abyss to be quite interesting. So what is his Avatar movie going to be about?

It's kind of interesting that they would release two Avatar movies in one year.

caats

i don't think they've released much plot for it. i just know it's on an alien planet. i'm sure there's a thread for it. here's a quick thing i read about it on /film

"Jon Favreau has called Avatar ?a game-changer? and having seen some footage, he thinks ?it?s the future.? Recently Sony head Amy Pascal told Forbes that she thinks Avatar is ?going to change the way you consume entertainment. I don?t know that it will ever be the way you see dramas, but I can?t say anymore that it won?t be.? And Steven Spielberg has even predicted that Avatar will be the biggest 3-D live-action film ever.

Academy Award winning director Steven Soderbergh is the latest filmmaker to praise Cameron?s upcoming sci-fi epic: ?I?ve seen some stuff and holy sh*t,? Soderbergh told ComingSoon . ?It?s the craziest sh*t ever. That could negate everything I just said.?"

i think i read the first 10-15 minutes are a first person alien prison escape or something. i can't wait for just the experience.

RedeemedChild

caats said:
i don't think they've released much plot for it. i just know it's on an alien planet. i'm sure there's a thread for it. here's a quick thing i read about it on /film

"Jon Favreau has called Avatar ?a game-changer? and having seen some footage, he thinks ?it?s the future.? Recently Sony head Amy Pascal told Forbes that she thinks Avatar is ?going to change the way you consume entertainment. I don?t know that it will ever be the way you see dramas, but I can?t say anymore that it won?t be.? And Steven Spielberg has even predicted that Avatar will be the biggest 3-D live-action film ever.

Academy Award winning director Steven Soderbergh is the latest filmmaker to praise Cameron?s upcoming sci-fi epic: ?I?ve seen some stuff and holy sh*t,? Soderbergh told ComingSoon . ?It?s the craziest sh*t ever. That could negate everything I just said.?"

i think i read the first 10-15 minutes are a first person alien prison escape or something. i can't wait for just the experience.

Thank you Caats. From what I read in your post it seems as if might be a new kind of ET experience. I still am not happy with Spielburg and Peter Jackson for dropping the Halo movie trilogy they had embarked on. Perhaps Halo could become a television series similar to Star Wars The Clone Wars or Star Trek DS9.

Anyway I hope we'll be seeing some more news on James Cameron's Avatar and the movie adaption of Nickelodeon's Avatar and I hope it'll be better than that horrible Dragon Ball Evolution.

BTW Peter Jackson and Del Toro are working on The Hobbit movie trilogy according to USA Today and other news sources and it's going to be a lot like Narnia Prince Caspian from what I've read. Hopefully Orlando Bloom will return as Legolas. I also hope Gollum will be in the movie.