Disney Disgust

Dr. Gonzo said:
The thing is people who frequent this board know RedeemedChild ONLY talks about Disney. No, scratch that, video games/turning video games into movies/christianity/Disney. He has started a great many threads on these subjects, the same subjects... Hell even the moderators are thinking of pulling the plug on his membership here. http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=20382

A lot of people here understand Resident Alien's frustration.

Quite so. Very frustrating.

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
I really miss Lloyd in Space, House of Mouse, Duck Tales, Chip and Dale and of course the more recent American Dragon: Jake Long.

American Dragon and Llyod in Space sucks. The Lion King Show is called Timon and Pumbaa, one of the better shows that aired on Fox and CBS. Some shows like Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and Duck Tales were good. I ignor ethe other Disney shows. The only orginal new aged Disney show that was good was Dave the Barbarian.

Don't like the channel now? Don't pay attention to it. All you talk about is video games that no one cares about, anime crap and so on. No one really cares. If you wanna talk about anime or video games; head to Gaia Online or any other soical networking forum.

After all. You wanted a Star Fox movie/show/ It would just be a furry Star Wars/Trek.

No wonder I lurk here...

Last edited:

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
Kingdom Hearts could and should be gleamed for both a movie trilogy and an anime television series. I'd sit down and watch a Kingdom Hearts movie or TV show in a heartbeat. Disney Channel cannot survive off of live action immature girly sitcoms and not only that but it's unfair to Disney fans. Animation is a key element in Disney's history and there should be more quality animated programming as part of the Disney Channel airing roster. Uncle Walt is rolling in his grave at the very thought of his television channel being a immature girly television House of Miley Cyrus channel instead of the House of Mouse Disney Channel.
Disney Channel should also get a Epic Mickey tie-in television series. That would be a good way of helping to introducing Mickey Mouse to those children who THINK that Miley Cyrus and Nick Jonas are the Disney mascots.
Parrdon me posting again. What is your obession of wnating every video game as a TV show?

Kingdom Hearts is a pile of dog vomit.

Sorry, but Kingdom Hearts is a giggly-preteen fanfiction video game. The game series is poorly written. It's a Yaoi cesspool. Sora isn't an intresting character, nor is Riku, Kairi or anyone. The characters are pretty much the same and lack perosnailty and charm. Why do you want Every frickin' video game made into a god damn TV show? If you want entertainment out of these, go write fanfiction or read fanfiction.

Children do know of Mickey Mouse. You're splitting hairs and sayin' that today's kids don't know about it. Mickey and friends are on children's clothing, baby bottles, bedding and crib bedding items and so on.

SO what if a child likes the Jonas brothers. It's THIER Opinion, their likes. I am sure you like some crap that others people don't.

Lance Quazar

Viewed through the rosy lenses of nostalgia, everyone's memories of childhood feel superior to whatever the "latest crap" is.

There were plenty of lousy shows back in the day, too, and plenty of good shows now.

But, at a certain point, it's time to move on. You're too old to be watching the Disney Channel.

It's time to cultivate more sophisticated tastes and "put away childish things."

RedeemedChild

Lance Quazar said:
Viewed through the rosy lenses of nostalgia, everyone's memories of childhood feel superior to whatever the "latest crap" is.

There were plenty of lousy shows back in the day, too, and plenty of good shows now.

But, at a certain point, it's time to move on. You're too old to be watching the Disney Channel.

It's time to cultivate more sophisticated tastes and "put away childish things."

Actually many young adults watch channels like Disney and Cartoon Network. If you go to any College such as Full Sail University, Savannah College of Art or Ai the majority of the students are enthusiastic for things like the Disney Channel, Food Network, Cartoon Network and anime and manga as these things make up the modern media arts which fuels just about everything about us today.

To be quite honest many of the programs airing on Disney or Disney XD, Cartoon Network, The CW and SyFy Channel are not simply aimed at children or tweens but at young adults as well.

Stargate, Stargate Universe, Ben10, Adventure Time, Bleach, The Vampire Diaries and Smallville, Young Justice and many more are aimed at a broad audience and not simply children. If you guys were aware of such things as Comic Con and E3 then you'd know that.

Last edited:

RedeemedChild

Canyon said:
That reminds me. Anyone 'old' enough here to remember the Mickey Mouse Club? :D (I used to watch it here in the Uk when I was about eight).(y)

Back on topic though. I personally think that this made for a pretty good post. Awesome work, RedeemedChild :hat: Have you thought about posting that on a blog?

Thanks Canyon. I plan to rewrite it and post it in the newspapers here in Atlanta, GA. I've also posted it on various different boards and many people have been encouraging me to send it off to Disney but I'm not really sure if I'll do so just yet. I want to wait until I've visited Disney later this year and talk to some of the people there first.

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
To be quite honest many of the programs airing on Disney or Disney XD, Cartoon Network, The CW and SyFy Channel are not simply aimed at children or tweens but at young adults as well.

Naruto is geared for Children here and in Japan. Hell, they have Naruto Happy Meal toys in some countries, kid sized Ninja bands and child sized Naruto T-Shirts. Most animes are geared for children in Japan. DBZ and Bleach are to name a few. Only uptight anime snobs simpily say those are "mature shows" because of it's violence and content. Stuff like Tom and erry, Woody Wood Pecker, Tex Avery and Looney Toons had far more violence than pretty boys staring at each other with limited animation.

Stop your yammering about anime and video games here, RC. No one really cares. I GREW out of anime.

Lance Quazar

RedeemedChild said:
Actually many young adults watch channels like Disney and Cartoon Network. If you go to any College such as Full Sail University, Savannah College of Art or Ai the majority of the students are enthusiastic for things like the Disney Channel, Food Network, Cartoon Network and anime and manga as these things make up the modern media arts which fuels just about everything about us today.

Yes, there are always going to be certain "kids shows" that are smart enough and are written for a broad audience. In its day, the original Warner Bros. cartoons like "Looney Tunes" had sophisticated humor far above the heads of a child audience.

And I even watched a few cartoons in college, too, like "Darkwing Duck" and "Batman: The Animated Series." Clearly shows clever enough to appeal to adults and children.

And there are still shows being made like that now. I don't watch many cartoons now, but I did watch "Justice League" and a few others over the years.

But that's not what you were talking about, is it?

The programs Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Hannah Montana, The Cheetah Girls, Cory in the House, That's So Raven, Sunny With A Chance, Good Luck Charlie, Camp Rock and High School Musical make my stomach churn and twist as if some unpleasant and vile stomach virus were about to take me on a roller coaster ride of misery.

NONE of those shows are for anything beyond a very narrow demographic.

If you're not a ten year old girl, you should have NO interest in "Hannah Montanta" (off the air now, FYI) or any of these other programs.

I repeat myself - develop more sophisticated, more adult tastes. Stop worrying about kids' shows.

The_Raiders

Agent Crab said:
Naruto is geared for Children here and in Japan. Hell, they have Naruto Happy Meal toys in some countries, kid sized Ninja bands and child sized Naruto T-Shirts. Most animes are geared for children in Japan. DBZ and Bleach are to name a few. Only uptight anime snobs simpily say those are "mature shows" because of it's violence and content. Stuff like Tom and erry, Woody Wood Pecker, Tex Avery and Looney Toons had far more violence than pretty boys staring at each other with limited animation.

Stop your yammering about anime and video games here, RC. No one really cares. I GREW out of anime.

That's about everything I could think of saying but better. Anime sucks. Guys look like girls, and girls look like they just got every lady lump on their body full of plastic. It all sucks.
And RC with the video games to TV shows thing, if you want entertainment out of them that bad than you must have played the **** out of them to not be content with just the game alone. Most games that are made into film, or shows of some sort are always horrible and stupid. The majority of games just need to stay games. That's how they were made and that's how they are intended to stay.
And I'm not even going into my Disney opinion now.

Agent Crab

Lance Quazar said:
Yes, there are always going to be certain "kids shows" that are smart enough and are written for a broad audience. In its day, the original Warner Bros. cartoons like "Looney Tunes" had sophisticated humor far above the heads of a child audience.

And I even watched a few cartoons in college, too, like "Darkwing Duck" and "Batman: The Animated Series." Clearly shows clever enough to appeal to adults and children.

And there are still shows being made like that now. I don't watch many cartoons now, but I did watch "Justice League" and a few others over the years.

But that's not what you were talking about, is it?

NONE of those shows are for anything beyond a very narrow demographic.

If you're not a ten year old girl, you should have NO interest in "Hannah Montanta" (off the air now, FYI) or any of these other programs.

I repeat myself - develop more sophisticated, more adult tastes. Stop worrying about kids' shows.
He *****es about anime being better, when Anime is geared for children. DBZ, One Piece, Naruto and Bleach are all geared for children in Japan and children outside the country.

RC needs to put away his anime BS and grow up. He needs to stop whining that Disney Channel has stuff like Hannah Montana, Suite life of Zack and Cody and so on. He may not like it, but there are people who do. Does it harm anyone?

Agent Crab

The_Raiders said:
That's about everything I could think of saying but better. Anime sucks. Guys look like girls, and girls look like they just got every lady lump on their body full of plastic. It all sucks.
And RC with the video games to TV shows thing, if you want entertainment out of them that bad than you must have played the **** out of them to not be content with just the game alone. Most games that are made into film, or shows of some sort are always horrible and stupid. The majority of games just need to stay games. That's how they were made and that's how they are intended to stay.
And I'm not even going into my Disney opinion now.

RC needs to grow up. It is time to put away childish things. He don't know when to let go and whines that Disney isn't showing kids Mickey Mouse or anything. Then he is hellbent on havinggames like Star Fox and Kingdom Hearts become animated shows or movies. Which would truly fail on the market. Kingdom Hearts is nothing more than a Yaoi Sausage fest with a Mary Sue named Kairi. I don't know many KH fans who are over the age of 20. He once wanted a Star Fox animated series, saying it would rival Star Wars or something like that. Same with Kingdom Hearts as a movie or a anime. If he wants these so bad, he needs to write fanfiction.

Most anime, as I said is geared for children. Yes, it has violence, but it isn't as violence as watching a Tom and Jerry Cartoon.

Montana Smith

Agent Crab said:
Yes, it has violence, but it isn't as violence as watching a Tom and Jerry Cartoon.

You gotta love the old Tom and Jerry style of cartoons! Sick, twisted, brutal, sadistic, and above all, funny: in fact just like Indiana Jones.

Indiana Jones = pulp + Tom and Jerry = violent fun for all the family! :D

The_Raiders

Agent Crab said:
RC needs to grow up. It is time to put away childish things. He don't know when to let go and whines that Disney isn't showing kids Mickey Mouse or anything. Then he is hellbent on havinggames like Star Fox and Kingdom Hearts become animated shows or movies. Which would truly fail on the market. Kingdom Hearts is nothing more than a Yaoi Sausage fest with a Mary Sue named Kairi. I don't know many KH fans who are over the age of 20. He once wanted a Star Fox animated series, saying it would rival Star Wars or something like that. Same with Kingdom Hearts as a movie or a anime. If he wants these so bad, he needs to write fanfiction.

Most anime, as I said is geared for children. Yes, it has violence, but it isn't as violence as watching a Tom and Jerry Cartoon.

Of course those games would fail on the market. Like I said the majority of games just need to stay games and that's how he should get the entertainment he craves from them. Hell play them over and over. Or as you said, write a fanfic. The movies based of video games should stand as an example as to why you should not make games anything other than what they are.
KH was a horrible stupid game. I have afew friends who enjoyed it but I've never liked it, nor have I come to completely comprehend it, and nor do I want to. A kid with a big key for a weapon.
I've never liked anime at all. And yes, if he doesn't like whats on Disney, just don't watch it.

Agent Crab

The_Raiders said:
Of course those games would fail on the market. Like I said the majority of games just need to stay games and that's how he should get the entertainment he craves from them. Hell play them over and over. Or as you said, write a fanfic. The movies based of video games should stand as an example as to why you should not make games anything other than what they are.
KH was a horrible stupid game. I have afew friends who enjoyed it but I've never liked it, nor have I come to completely comprehend it, and nor do I want to. A kid with a big key for a weapon.
I've never liked anime at all. And yes, if he doesn't like whats on Disney, just don't watch it.

Correct.

I really don't get why he feels the need to baaaaaw on here. Assuming we care.

I love Gradius and Salamander. Salamander had an OAV, but it don't need to be an animated series.

I always thought RC was younger for his age. The way he acts.

The_Raiders

Agent Crab said:
Correct.

I really don't get why he feels the need to baaaaaw on here. Assuming we care.

I love Gradius and Salamander. Salamander had an OAV, but it don't need to be an animated series.

I always thought RC was younger for his age. The way he acts.

Especially on an Indiana Jones forum. I doubt that all the members here on an INDIANA JONES forum want to discuss why Disney is showing Hannah Montana and **** with the Joe Bros. And also I can't picture somebody sitting at home, or school just thinking, "Damn, Star Fox would make a great animated series."
I can't really recall watching cartoons very much, but I do remember alot of Tom and Jerry. Most of my child hood was all star wars.

Agent Crab

The_Raiders said:
Especially on an Indiana Jones forum. I doubt that all the members here on an INDIANA JONES forum want to discuss why Disney is showing Hannah Montana and **** with the Joe Bros. And also I can't picture somebody sitting at home, or school just thinking, "Damn, Star Fox would make a great animated series."
I can't really recall watching cartoons very much, but I do remember alot of Tom and Jerry. Most of my child hood was all star wars.

Star Fox would make a crappy animated series. At least stuff like Tom and Jerry never wear off their novelty.

I also love how RC replied in here, but ignored everone else ranting at him.

The_Raiders

Agent Crab said:
Star Fox would make a crappy animated series. At least stuff like Tom and Jerry never wear off their novelty.

I also love how RC replied in here, but ignored everone else ranting at him.

And I don't even want to know what he meant when you mentioned he said something or other about Star Fox riving Star Wars. Tom and Jerry was a classic, not many cartoons will be as great at Tom and Jerry.

Yeah I noticed that as well. I find it pretty amusing, as though he hasn't even read our posts.

Agent Crab

The_Raiders said:
And I don't even want to know what he meant when you mentioned he said something or other about Star Fox riving Star Wars. Tom and Jerry was a classic, not many cartoons will be as great at Tom and Jerry.

Yeah I noticed that as well. I find it pretty amusing, as though he hasn't even read our posts.

He had a thread about Nintendo Franchise s becoming TV shows. He even had apoll.

Tex Avery is a classic as well.

Raiders90

If there is a game that needs to be made into a movie, it's the King's Quest series.

As for RedeemedChild, I think he's absolutely 1000% correct with regard to Disney. So thumbs up to him.
I miss tele-movies like Susie Q and the Disney Channel shows of the '90s. I miss traditionally animated Disney movies.
Disney isn't just for kids, so all the people saying he needs to grow up are kind of harsh--Disney has always been for everyone, young and old alike. That was a part of Uncle Walt's dream.

Last edited:

XanaduEli

Raiders112390 said:
I miss tele-movies like Susie Q

I loved that movie when I was younger, I miss it being on TV. Isn't the Girl who plays Susie, the girl who played Kimberly(the pink power ranger) in Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers?

On to the subject of Power rangers. Am I the only one to think that it has been turned into pure garbage?

It has been turned into a really babyish show now, and it is nothing compared to the original Power Rangers.:mad: