Find Your Fate

Joosse

Indy Black said:
Seriously my luck was horrible.

Luck has nothing to do with it... ;)

Seriously though, last year I was teaching a class of ten to twelve year olds, and I had put a few of these in my classroom for when they were finished with work.

They loved every page of it.

Good to know Indy still inspires the younger generation.

Vaalwrath

whipwarrior said:
Here, at last, is the entire Indiana Jones FYF series, including the ultra-rare Mask of the Elephant and equally obscure Morgan Swift books:

15121664522_c1eb5e3546_b.jpg

The collection is now complete. :hat:

Nice! :cool: Though I always thought it was "Curse of the Mummy's Tomb" not "Cult of the Mummy's Crypt". That's the only one of those I remember having as a kid.

TheFedora

Looks amazing! I never really got into the choose your own adventure type books... maybe I should have back in the day. However, the covers alone look like they would be great to collect!

whipwarrior

I recently scored another near-mint copy of FYF #17 on eBay, so if anybody is seeking this rare gem, I'll let it go for $40 + shipping, to recoup my costs.

PM for inquiries.

25197678926_34e87f8cf8_b.jpg

Indyfan82

Nice find! Is $40 really the going price for this book now? It's hard to believe these Find-Your-Fate books could be so rare....I guess this last title probably had a short print run- that tends to be the case with the last book in a series. I do see the earlier ones in the series pop up every so often at used bookstores and such...
I have most of these books- I need a few more Indy Find-Your-Fate books to finish the collection. It's one of these things that I'd like to get sometime down the road when I have the extra money....:) :cool:

whipwarrior

I don't know if it's the going rate these days, but that's what I paid for it. Last year I found one for sale on a rare book dealer website priced at a staggering $350. No kidding. I contacted the seller and told him that nobody in their right mind would ever pay that much for a paperback game book. Not surprisingly, he never responded back. Anyway, my extra copy is still available, and I'd let it go for $25-$30 if anyone is interested.

Indyfan82

Wow- yeah, that is insane. (Referring to the $350 price.)
I don't need a copy myself, but maybe some other fans will appreciate your offer. Hope you can recoup your costs.:)

Raiders Remake

Hey, in light of the new Indiana Jones, does anyone think there should be a mass market re-release of the Find Your Fate books? It would be better than spending 400 dollars for one.
Note: I have all but one of the Indy Find Your Fate books.

whipwarrior

This offer appeared in IndyMag #3 in an interview with Find Your Fate Indy artist David B. Mattingly:

30380779802_2420470ca5_b.jpg

This is a great deal! I bought three prints from David, and he signed each one for me! It's incredible to examine the artwork in large format, because there are details in the original paintings that can't be seen on the book covers, due to the downscaling. For example, David put his initials on the heiroglyphics on Lost Treasure of Sheba and on the Egyptian gateway in Cult of the Mummy's Crypt! Vintage 1980's Indy novel Easter eggs!

30411300071_ae20ff0fac_c.jpg

I also contacted Barclay Shaw (artist for the last 2 Find Your Fate Indy books) to see if he also offered art prints of his covers, but unfortunately he sold the original paintings years ago, and is thus unable to scan them for sale. Well, at least I tried! :D

Indymag

Yay, for Indymag! They look fabulous!!

whipwarrior said:
This offer appeared in IndyMag #3 in an interview with Find Your Fate Indy artist David B. Mattingly:

30380779802_2420470ca5_b.jpg

This is a great deal! I bought three prints from David, and he signed each one for me! It's incredible to examine the artwork in large format, because there are details in the original paintings that can't be seen on the book covers, due to the downscaling. For example, David put his initials on the heiroglyphics on Lost Treasure of Sheba and on the Egyptian gateway in Cult of the Mummy's Crypt! Vintage 1980's Indy novel Easter eggs!

30411300071_ae20ff0fac_c.jpg

I also contacted Barclay Shaw (artist for the last 2 Find Your Fate Indy books) to see if he also offered art prints of his covers, but unfortunately he sold the original paintings years ago, and is thus unable to scan them for sale. Well, at least I tried! :D

whipwarrior

Just back from the custom framers today:

37045138292_856f0ee0c4_b.jpg

Three original Indy art prints signed by David B. Mattingly, purchased directly from the artist through the special offer in last year's IndyMag interview. These are my personal 3 favorite covers by Mr. Mattingly. I'd like to have done the same for FYF #16 and #17, but Barclay Shaw sold his original paintings many years ago, and thus they are not available to buy as prints. Still, this is an awesome and unique display of vintage Indy artwork (and I was absolutely obsessed with the Find Your Fate books as a kid).

Indymag

whipwarrior said:
Just back from the custom framers today:

37045138292_856f0ee0c4_b.jpg

Three original Indy art prints signed by David B. Mattingly, purchased directly from the artist through the special offer in last year's IndyMag interview. These are my personal 3 favorite covers by Mr. Mattingly. I'd like to have done the same for FYF #16 and #17, but Barclay Shaw sold his original paintings many years ago, and thus they are not available to buy as prints. Still, this is an awesome and unique display of vintage Indy artwork (and I was absolutely obsessed with the Find Your Fate books as a kid).

Yay! For indymag!

Stoo

whipwarrior said:
Very happy for you, whipwarrior!

My first introduction to Mattingly was an article about him in "Starlog" magazine c.1980/81 and his featured paintings were amazing. The "Find-Your-Fate" covers aren't his best work but that doesn't take away from how special it is to have these prints in your collection.

Super framing job! (y)

To the people who own these books.
I have been trying to find some information about them and their contents on the internet but there is sadly little.
Are they worth getting?

TheFirebird1

TheDutchGhost said:
To the people who own these books.
I have been trying to find some information about them and their contents on the internet but there is sadly little.
Are they worth getting?
To answer your question, yes. Some stories are pretty well-written, such as #1 (Curse of Horror Island) and #2 (Lost Treasure of Sheba), and are a fine addition to the Indy canon. They'd look good in any collection. However, I would be wary of unscrupulous dealers who price them too high-the books aren't worth a fortune. You can find most of them for a low price around the Web.

TheFirebird1 said:
To answer your question, yes. Some stories are pretty well-written, such as #1 (Curse of Horror Island) and #2 (Lost Treasure of Sheba), and are a fine addition to the Indy canon. They'd look good in any collection. However, I would be wary of unscrupulous dealers who price them too high-the books aren't worth a fortune. You can find most of them for a low price around the Web.

Oh don't worry. I am not going to pay some of the more ridiculous prices some sellers have been asking (up to a hundred dollars or even more)
Apparently some of these people have the idea that these books are really rare pieces of literature.

On a sidenote it is sometimes really annoying how rare some books are becoming because they are not printed any more or converted to digital format.
I have a feeling a lot of books have become lost to the public this way.

So far a couple of British online book stores have found offer a few titles for reasonable prices and shipping costs.
I guess I would have to collect them one by one if I ever start on these.

Whipwarrior, thank you. I am going to check that book you uploaded out in a moment.