KotCS comic adaptation

No Ticket

oki9Sedo said:
"Ma fellow Americans. I would like to announcify that I, in fact, will be playing Inbanana Jones in Steven Spielburger's new picture, "Inbanana Jones and the Magic Kingdom". The film will be released on Independence Day, May 22nd 2008".

george_w_bush.jpg

That's the funniest damn thing I've seen (or read actually) all dayyy! LOL!! :D

Lon

I just hope the movie isn't Shia LeBouf and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, guest starring Indiana Jones.

Billy Ray

Ah...I checked to see if anyone had posted this already, alas, I fear to tred in the SPOILERS section:eek: Is this image considered spoiler material??? If so, I heartily apologize. If not, it is here for my fellow spoiler avoiders to enjoy.

metalinvader

Professor Jones said:
Well, the animated banner above the page at least allow us to have a peek to the bigger dimension version of the cover. I confirm my opinion... I find it poor.

Nice catch didn't see that.Personally,I think it's pretty cool!

trippweeder

So Shia's in the foreground with a weapon while Indy lounges in the background. I was dismissed on this very forum a while back for suggesting that La Beouf will gradually dominate this movie. Well, this picture is further evidence of the takeover.

I am becoming deeply afraid for this film.

tnswman

deckard24 said:
I agree! Indy comic book covers, novels, movie posters, etc., should all be hand painted works of art. Something is seriously lost in my opinion with photo shop. The whole romantic side of the Indiana Jones movies reflecting back to the serials of the 30's or 50's( in the case of KotCS), just flies out the window with a photo shop collage.

Give me a Struzan, Dorman, or Amstel work of art any day over photo shop!

HOWEVER, you have to admit...It's great to see a new pic of Harry from the movie.. He amazes me.. It looks like Indy has hardly changed at all.... I think God was keeping Harry in such good shape because he wanted to see Indy 4 too :)

tnswman

trippweeder said:
So Shia's in the foreground with a weapon while Indy lounges in the background. I was dismissed on this very forum a while back for suggesting that La Beouf will gradually dominate this movie. Well, this picture is further evidence of the takeover.

Are you serious? I think the world knows Indy can get it done....It's good that they are showing that Mutt will not be a puss in this film. Do you honestly think that Harrison would stand around and let anyone else get more action in an Indy movie than him? Honestly? Come on now.... Just say it...your fears are pointless :)

metalinvader

My personal opinion is that Mutt wont be used any more then Shorty or Henry sr. was.Guess we'll have to wait and see....

trippweeder

tnswman said:
Are you serious? I think the world knows Indy can get it done....It's good that they are showing that Mutt will not be a puss in this film. Do you honestly think that Harrison would stand around and let anyone else get more action in an Indy movie than him? Honestly? Come on now.... Just say it...your fears are pointless :)

I know Ford can more than do it, but I'm not sure Lucas and Koepp feel the same. Remember: Frank Darabond didn't write Mutt Ravenwood - that character was added later when Speilberg had fallen in love with La Beouf.

I hope I'm wrong, but...

Grethe

Wonder what sort of creature we see behind Indy's left ear on that comic book cover --- Looks promising!

deckard24

tnswman said:
HOWEVER, you have to admit...It's great to see a new pic of Harry from the movie.. He amazes me.. It looks like Indy has hardly changed at all.... I think God was keeping Harry in such good shape because he wanted to see Indy 4 too :)

It is a great pic of Ford and he does look fantastic for his age, but still I'd prefer a hand painted work of art over a photo shopped collage. Photo shop is such a contemporary medium, and it just doesn't fit in my opinion with the Indy mystique. When I think of Indy, I think of a different era, and the works of Struzan, Dorman, and Amstel all reflect that time beautifully. If it was strictly a photograph with a border(like the old Indy movies on vinyl for kids) I guess I wouldn't have such an issue, but because it is done in the Struzan way...I don't see the point. If you want that look have an oil or acrylic painting done.

Finn

Staff member
Billy Ray said:
Ah...I checked to see if anyone had posted this already, alas, I fear to tred in the SPOILERS section:eek: Is this image considered spoiler material??? If so, I heartily apologize. If not, it is here for my fellow spoiler avoiders to enjoy.
That's one of the most sense-making explanations for a duplicate thread in a while, and it actually kinda makes me feel to scorn that special whoever who originally posted the thing in IV spoilers forum.

No harm done with this thread, in fact I merged the original with this one and let it remain here in Indy lit. section.

metalinvader

Well,My original intent with putting this in the spoiler section was that some people my find Mutt holding the sword 'spoilerish'.Anywho..

In regards to Grethe's comment about what is behind Indy,I'm thinking it may be just a rock formation with a vine hanging off of it.

metalinvader said:
Well,My original intent with putting this in the spoiler section was that some people my find Mutt holding the sword 'spoilerish'.Anywho..

In regards to Grethe's comment about what is behind Indy,I'm thinking it may be just a rock formation with a vine hanging off of it.

It is. Look closer and you can see Indy's silhouette hanging from the end of it...

Dr.Sartorius

trippweeder said:

Well if you want to be practical, we've heard more about Harrison's fight scenes than Shia's - we've heard more comments on how great Harrison is in his fight scenes. We know of one fight scene involving Mutt...We've seen more photos of Indy in action poses than Mutt...