What happened to Short Round?

No Ticket

It's a nice thought that Willie adopted Shorty... but really, Willie? I don't think she'd adopt Short Round, she didn't even seem to like him that much throughout the movie... to her he was just an annoying kid. I think it's likely that Indy found some adoptive parents for him at some point in time after returning to the states (or maybe even before returning) and that's that.

Who knows if he kept in touch or not. But I too would like to know whatever happened to Short Round.

There is also the unfortunate possibility that he was killed on one of Indy's adventures. You never know, Indy is getting shot at a lot and putting himself (and that kid) in danger along the way. Who knows.

Some interviewer needs to ask Lucas THIS question when interviewing for KOTCS. haha.

UltimateManGod

According to the Lost Journal, he's still alive and kicking in 1957. Apparently, he's an archaeologist, and has tracked down the Peacock's Eye to a Hawaiian island. I forget which one exactly. This just strengthens my calling for a Short Round spin off film.

"Hold On to Your Potatoes, Because You're Going for a Ride"
The Hunt for the Peacock's Eye
May 2010

Dust McAlan

No Ticket said:
It's a nice thought that Willie adopted Shorty... but really, Willie? I don't think she'd adopt Short Round, she didn't even seem to like him that much throughout the movie... to her he was just an annoying kid. I think it's likely that Indy found some adoptive parents for him at some point in time after returning to the states (or maybe even before returning) and that's that.

Who knows if he kept in touch or not. But I too would like to know whatever happened to Short Round.

There is also the unfortunate possibility that he was killed on one of Indy's adventures. You never know, Indy is getting shot at a lot and putting himself (and that kid) in danger along the way. Who knows.

Some interviewer needs to ask Lucas THIS question when interviewing for KOTCS. haha.
We know he didn't die because he appears later on in the comics, if they mean anything at all. So it's all a matter of what happens in between.

No Ticket

Dust McAlan said:
We know he didn't die because he appears later on in the comics, if they mean anything at all. So it's all a matter of what happens in between.

Ahhhh. He does? I don't remember that. Hmm. Maybe he got some foster parents but was so used to doing things on his own he ran away from home and did his own thing. lol.

Dust McAlan

Agent Spalko said:
The Peacock's Eye would make for a very weak MacGuffin. Much weaker than Sankara stones.
I always felt that the real MacGuffin in the film was the mine itself, and that the Sankara Stones were more happenstance.

davejames

I know it's just a cheesy fanboy wish... but I would have loved to have seen a quick little cameo from Willie and Short Round in the new movie somewhere.

I know they have their haters here, but dammit, I really love those characters.

Marion: "So you're his ex-girlfriend, huh?"

Willie: "Well, it was a long way to Delhi."

BAM! (Marion punches Willie)

Marion: "I learned to hate you in the last 20 years."

Short Round: "Vewy funny! Vewy funny!"

Indy fan 235

No Ticket said:
Ahhhh. He does? I don't remember that. Hmm. Maybe he got some foster parents but was so used to doing things on his own he ran away from home and did his own thing. lol.

I know Shorty made at least one (maybe moore) appearance in the Marvel Indiana Jones comic book. There is also the comic from Dark Horse Star Wars Tales (I forget the issue number, does anyone remember?) where Indiana Jones and Short Round are in a North American forest and find the Millenium Falcon crashed while searching for Bigfoot. (I love that story)

Goonie

Got himself a trench coat, built himself Bully Blinders, Pincers of Peril, and Slick Shoes, became a Goonie and went off to find One-Eyed Willie's treasure!

'The name's 007 not 00-negative!"

Sam Falco

Dont be stupid, Goonie. He's WAY too young in Doom to be Data...

Its obvious that Data's DAD was short round, hahahahahahaha.

daventry

Isent there a way we can write to Steven Spielburg or Goerge Lucas and ask them to put in a Special Scene in Crystal Skull so that Indy can say what happend to Shorty and Willie, i would go for Willie Adopted Shorty and they lived in America.

00Kevin

Indyfan
daventry said:
Isent there a way we can write to Steven Spielburg or Goerge Lucas and ask them to put in a Special Scene in Crystal Skull so that Indy can say what happend to Shorty and Willie

yeah, if you send it in within the next 9 hours they should have just enough time to shoot the scenes, edit, reprint and ship all the new versions of the film to the theaters

inn seriousness thought, I would have liked to see them, but it wouldn't have really fit that well i think. David Koepp who wrote the script said he didn't want to make it a 'fan script'. it some of makes me sad because I would love to learn what happened to them and to see them again, but a the same time it may not be very realistic to see characters like that come back all of a sudden