Lego Indy OA hints and tech help

Kali Mah

chr0n0naut said:
Does anyone know what the following extras do?

-Secret Characters (I've clocked the game 100% and Secret Characters is off but I can still get Han and Fedora)

-Fertiliser (this one scares me...)

-Super Slap (haven't tried it - presumably girls have a hit boost or something?)

-Character Treasure (NO idea what this is)

-Beep Beep (something to do with vehicles?)

Also does anyone else find Ice Rink useless? Its fun to start with but you can't play through a whole level as most levels require you to PUSH something at some point. Switching back and forth is a pain.

And finally... on the final RotLA level you can dig up a "castle" (for lack of a better word) just outside the sub-base near where the first wave on Nazis hit you. At first I thought it was a treasure but I've found them all. I can't destroy it or do anything with it. It is the only thing in the game I can find that is inherently secret, yet useless... Anyone know? Maybe a SUPER secret?

-Secret Characters: Basically, when you turn it on you'll come across
a couple of characters that aren't in the usual list on Free Play Mode (like Santa and the dancers from the first level of ToD).

-Fertilizer: When riding an animal, press the attack button and it will... defecate.

-Super Slap: Turns any melee attack into a one-hit kill.

-Character Treasure: Defeated enemies drop studs.

-Beep Beep: You can beep the horn of any vehicle by pressing the attack button.

Kali Mah

chr0n0naut said:
And finally... on the final RotLA level you can dig up a "castle" (for lack of a better word) just outside the sub-base near where the first wave on Nazis hit you. At first I thought it was a treasure but I've found them all. I can't destroy it or do anything with it. It is the only thing in the game I can find that is inherently secret, yet useless... Anyone know? Maybe a SUPER secret?

Neh, it's just a sand castle, there was one in the second level of A New Hope in Lego Star Wars II/The Complete Saga. There's nothing special about it.

fixer79

Yesterday, my girlfriend and I found 11 artifacts in the fifth LC level...
It really said '11/10' too!
Apparently, an artifact we'd already picked up in story mode reappeared in free mode...

Has anyone encountered such a glitch?

fixer79 said:
Yesterday, my girlfriend and I found 11 artifacts in the fifth LC level...
It really said '11/10' too!
Apparently, an artifact we'd already picked up in story mode reappeared in free mode...

Has anyone encountered such a glitch?

This happened to me as well. I've also noticed a few times if I have the artifact finder on and I've found it sometimes the arrow will stay on. Makes it a pain in the butt to know if you've gotten them all or not.

The Tingler

Edward The Head said:
This happened to me as well. I've also noticed a few times if I have the artifact finder on and I've found it sometimes the arrow will stay on. Makes it a pain in the butt to know if you've gotten them all or not.

Yes, I've encountered it on a couple of levels too, including the Tank Battle level.

Niteshade007

Blown383 said:
Did anyone figure out what the Warehouse is all about yet? Its time consuming as heck!

-B

Not really. Just get into the tank, drive over to the dartboard thing, and shoot at it until you get a million. It takes only a few minutes.

As far as the point of it...hell if I know.

Blown383

Niteshade007 said:
Not really. Just get into the tank, drive over to the dartboard thing, and shoot at it until you get a million. It takes only a few minutes.

As far as the point of it...hell if I know.

I did it with the bazooka trooper. *shrug*

I'm also getting the big question mark "?" at the end of TOD and LC

-B

fixer79

I noticed the question mark too. No idea what it means...

Oh-
Does anyone know what the deal is with the exterior College area where you can both dress as a bush?
Or is it merely the 'entrance' of the college and nothing more...

Blown383

fixer79 said:
I noticed the question mark too. No idea what it means...

Oh-
Does anyone know what the deal is with the exterior College area where you can both dress as a bush?
Or is it merely the 'entrance' of the college and nothing more...

I think its just a terrace...nothing more. Throughout the game there are tons of bushes and barrels that you can hide in and I believe that its just a way to hide from enemies.

-B

TazD

I have almost got 100%, about 98.4%, but the only thing that I haven't completed are the post boxes which are the treasure ones. Does anyone know how to buy these without replaying levels to achieve 2,000,000 coins. As I am missing 5 of these post boxes. Thanks.

Finn

Staff member
TazD said:
I have almost got 100%, about 98.4%, but the only thing that I haven't completed are the post boxes which are the treasure ones. Does anyone know how to buy these without replaying levels to achieve 2,000,000 coins. As I am missing 5 of these post boxes. Thanks.
If you mean the ones that multiply your treasure count, I must say you've kind of messed up in there. Those are the ones that you should buy first, as they "stack up" when activated. If you for example have treasure x2 and treasure x10 both activated it means you'll get treasure x20. If you ALSO have let's say treasure x6 picked, it means you'll get treasure x120.

Only way to achieve coins is to either run around the College or go scavenging some levels. It's a tedious process at first, but really comes a lot easier once you have a few treasure extras activated as you can get insane amounts of coin by simply picking up a sole gold stud.

Bat-Dude

Bat-Dude said:
Has anyone playing the PS3 version had a glitch where the tank in the LC won't chase or shoot at you?? My friend is really frustrated. I've got the Wii version and haven't had any problem, so I'm not much help to him. He's on the verge of taking it back b/c he and his son get stuck there every time they attempt it. I haven't seen it happen myself, but he says he's doing everything according to walkthroughs, like builing the landmines and stuff. Anyone got any ideas? :confused: :confused:

Soooooooo...turns out it was b/c he had the "Disarm Enemies" Extra turned on...:eek: :sick: :dead:

Ska

OK, how about the Well of Souls level in RotLA.

I'm going back and recovering all the artifacts in Free Play...and I CANNOT $&@!'ing get past the moving cylinders with hanging bars to get the last artifact. :mad:

This is in the area soon after Marion joins Indy in the Well. You bust some vases and some spiderwebs to find a "secret" chamber that has three large rotating cylinders that you jump across.

I've tried over and over, and once I jump to the second cylinder, I cannot make the jump back to the first cylinder's higher bar.

Any tips? I've tried searching the boards for this same problem, and I didn't find anyone else complaining. Is it only me?!

Finn

Staff member
It's definitely a tricky jump and technically requires a split-second execution. Actually, you need to jump a bit "outwards" (with a female character, naturally) to grab the rung behind you so that you have enough time to pull off the next jump before it disappears into the wall.

It's definitely an annoying one, but there's no "easy way" of pulling it off... it just requires some mad fingers, I'm afraid.

Ska

Thanks, Finn...I'll try to be more "fast-fingered" when I get home.

I will say though that I welcome the challenge in this otherwise straight forward game.

I'm usually one to not ask for videogame help (figuring "it" out is what makes games fun), but I just kept falling and falling...and I wondered if there was some trick to it...but alas, I was doing the right thing...just not well enough.

mattzilla2010

I am having a problem at the very end of the LC "Castle Escape" level. I can't seem to push that chair across the floor. Every time I try, Indy just runs into it without pushing it. Is this a glitch? No one else has mentioned it...

Oh, and I'm playing on a PC, in case that might be helpful.

Ska

I haven't gotten to LC yet, so no help from me...but is there something blocking the chair? Does using Henry to push the chair (like in the movie) make a difference (probably not)? Do you have to add Lego parts to the chair to push it first?

I did finally get to the last artifact in the Well of Souls level (first try after trying it again). I just had to jump earlier from the first spinning column to the second...that way it gave me more time to jump back to the first column.

Thanks for the help, Finn!