Indiana Jones at Star Wars Celebration IV

Lon

The current edition of the The ForceCast over at TheForce.net features an interview with Steve Sansweet and he says that Indiana Jones WILL have a presence at this year's Star Wars Celebration, albeit a small one. He doesn't go into much detail about who or what will be featured though. He mention that an announcement will be made in a few weeks. He also said Drew Struzan will be at the show signing autographs at no charge.

Steve mentioned that Indy IV will be talked about more as the summer progresses (I'm guessing the San Diego Comic Con will have a major announcement of some sort. Title anyone?)

Things are starting to whip into shape!! :whip:

http://www.theforce.net/podcast/

Dr.Sartorius

I hope they announce something or at least give us some interesting info at C4, not just the usual vague answers. Maybe they'll reveal an early teaser poster...

Steve mentioned that Indy IV will be talked about more as the summer progresses

Gee, you'd think so considering filming is supposed to happen during the summer...

He also said Drew Struzan will be at the show signing autographs at no charge.

Awesome. Hope he's there on saturday.

Shortie

I'd say at Comic Con we'll start seeing merchandise, unless we're lucky & whoever does the toys (Hopefully Hasbro) does a ROTLA line or TOD or LC line & release it in November or December then we might see some.

I wonder if we'll get the special preveiw treatment on Indy that we got with the SW prequels.(y)

Dr.Sartorius

MovieWeb just did an interview with Steve Sansweet about Celebration IV. He talked a little about the Indy presence at the convention:

Is there anything about Indiana Jones 4 that you can tell me that hasn't really gotten around yet?

Steven Sansweet: Wish I knew. Mr. Spielberg is keeping that very close to the vest. While Lucasfilm is the producer of the film, it is really a three-way venture between George, Steven, and Paramount. As of right now there is very little that is out there. Right now, we have a couple of Indy panels, but those will focus more on classic Indy. I'm sure there will be some speculation as to what is coming. It will probably be Comic Con at the earliest when we have anything of substance to say about the film.

Has there been any progress on getting The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV series out on DVD?

Steven Sansweet: Yeah, I think there are some preliminary plans. We're starting to get that out. I think they are still working on how to put that together for the market place. The final decision has not been made. But its pretty clear that it will be released sometime between now and the release of Indy 4. Those are probably going to be out there. What makes them really special is that for the last three years, Lucas has had a very large and active documentary department and its finally fulfilling George's dream. There are nearly a hundred hours of documentaries that go with the two-hour movie versions of the Young Indy series. These explore all the real people, places, and events that are fictionalized in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. So those will be part of a set, or many sets.

Too bad it seems like there isn't going to be any Indy 4 info at C4. :(
Comic Con is July 26-29, so any one hoping for some Indy 4 info should go.

Dr.Sartorius

Well there was ZERO Indiana Jones 4 info or anything Indy 4 related at C4. There was a discussion/ Q&A with some guys who worked on the Indy trilogy: Ben Burtt, Norman Reynolds, Robert Watts, Dennis Muren, and Richard Edlund. That was pretty fun and interesting if brief. The host of the discussion, Scott Chernoff mentioned there's Indiana Jones 4 info on the new Star Wars official site. I haven't been able to find it yet though. :rolleyes:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
The Indy 4 info on the SW site is that it will be released next year. ;)

Eric Solo

Indiana Jones at Celebration IV

Here are a few pictures of me as Indy at Star Wars Celebration IV.(y)
IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

If you went, please upload some pics!

When Julian Glover saw me, he said "Hello, Harrison. We are enemies, you know!" Made my day. He's a big dude!

Lon

Very cool! How many people looked at you and said, "Dude, wrong movie?"

I need to hit some of these conventions and start getting autographs from Indy celebrities.

Eric Solo

Only one person said "Wrong movie." There was another excellent Indy there (didn't catch his name) He looked better than me because he was willing to make his costume dirty. I haven't taken that plunge just yet.
They had quite a few Indy celebrities there. Including Robert Watts, DWR, and Norman Reynolds. I wish William Hootkins would show up for C IV. He played Porkins in Star Wars and the "Top...men" guy. Maybe next time.

"he was willing to make his costume dirty"
Ya... you do have that "Just Out Of Original Package" look... (Which would actually be VERY funny if you could find a body spray that smelled like "New Action Figure"!! LOL)

Gotta get yerself dragged under a truck or two!

Stoo

Hey Eric Solo,

Love the hat! "Stove Pipe" Indy would seem appropriate. :)
Cool that you met Julian Glover - Indy, Empire, Bond...
How did your comedy act go? Loved your Jack Nicholson/Han Solo impression.

Eric Solo

the comedy thing went well, thanks for asking. I got second place out of 12 finalists. It worked out great because second prize was a life size han in carbonite. Sadly, they have done ZERO coverage of the event on sw.com.