Dark Horse Omnibus volume 1

xVendetta17x

Fate of Atlantis is the most unoriginal covers in the entire series
I'm not saying that they're not good but they're just paintings of movie stills
I like that one, better but I don't like the little Atlantean Digger thing that's just included

Dr.Sartorius

The artwork for the last chapter of Thunder in the Orient is probably the worst. Indy looks like some kind of Mad Magazine caricature.

snake_surprise

Dr.Sartorius said:
The artwork for the last chapter of Thunder in the Orient is probably the worst. Indy looks like some kind of Mad Magazine caricature.
This is because they enlisted a different artist for the final book in that series.

I agree though, its not good, although I have seen much worse.

Its not out til the 21st here. Bah.. The amount of money and time I wasted trudging into central London and Wandering around, desperately searching shelves for that, soon to be everywhere, Orange and Red Logo

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I finally got it! (y) I finally get to find out what happened in FoA 2 and Thunder and Arms of Gold! Awesome reading time! :cool:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
xVendetta17x said:
It's going to take so much longer to get my Indy Swag when I move to Australia :(

Actually, it depends where you move to. Sydney and Melbourne would probably get stuff the quickest. Wait a sec, back up. You're moving to Australia? Why would you come here?

xVendetta17x

I'm moving to Sydney to go to school there
O find that the film industry in Australia trumphs the one in Canada
And that it would be a better place to start

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Sydney's good. I would move there if I could afford it. But, the film industry being better... I wouldn't say that. I don't know much about the Canadian industry, but I would think it's probably as good as Canada. I'm a grad film student that's trying to break in and learning all the things I've been learning about the state of our industry, we pretty much survive on American features being made here, television, music videos and commercials. We only make ten features a year funded by the government. Sydney is the hub of all the stuff getting made, so in terms of Sydney itself, good decision. There is no studio system here except in television. Actually, television is the one that thrives and why I started to turn my attention there rather than features. Consistent work and ideas and interest in the area, is why I'm going into television.

xVendetta17x

Violet Indy said:
Sydney's good. I would move there if I could afford it. But, the film industry being better... I wouldn't say that. I don't know much about the Canadian industry, but I would think it's probably as good as Canada. I'm a grad film student that's trying to break in and learning all the things I've been learning about the state of our industry, we pretty much survive on American features being made here, television, music videos and commercials. We only make ten features a year funded by the government. Sydney is the hub of all the stuff getting made, so in terms of Sydney itself, good decision. There is no studio system here except in television. Actually, television is the one that thrives and why I started to turn my attention there rather than features. Consistent work and ideas and interest in the area, is why I'm going into television.

It's nice to get an inside of view on things
The Canadian film industry has absolutely nothing to it's name
There are only a handful of Canadian Directors James Cameron and Paul Haggis being the only major ones that come to mind
The only big thing we have here is Vancouver which is only used by Hollywood not the Canadian film industry
Australia just seems that it would be an great place to start considering the amoung of talent that is educated and born there
Peter Weir, Baz Luhrmann, George Miller, Mel Gibson, Jocelyn Moorhouse are a few names that come to mind
I also like how Hollywood goes there to shoot major films likes Star Wars, Superman Returns and The Matrix, rather then small ones over here
The only big one that I can think of is Catwomen and well... that's just embarrasing

Finally got the Omnibus, luckily it was out a week earlier then it was supposed to be out over here. Tis Good, though, unlike the game, the comic version of FOA is incredibly confusing, they just flit all over the place in an incredibly random fashion, and since when could Indy fly a sea plane? indy really didn't seem like Indy throughout, rude to people who don't understand English in that annoying obnoxious tourist way, fairly blood thirsty, and well, not that Indiana esque methinks.

Much better was Thunder in the Orient, except for the ending, where the final faith of the covenent is a bit mysterious, and thats putting it very very nicely.

I really like arms of Gold, was a bit unsure of the art at first, and it is a little dull, and that cover is hideous, but whereas the man cannot draw faces, his bodies and movement was very very good, made the fights a joy to look at, really liked the bit where Indy falls of the ship and grabs that anchor. Good Characterisation too.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Here's that back cover of Arms of Gold #1 ...couldn't find it on the net.
0000e5eq