Indiana Jones and the Mayan Secret - Chapter 1 (Quazar's version!)

Lance Quazar

Hey, gang!

Here it is, my entry into the fantastic contest sponsored by Hemble and the great folks at The Indy Cast - the world's premiere Indiana Jones podcast!

As part of the rules of the contest, we had to use the same title, which was created by contest organizer and uber-customizer, the amazingly talented Ron Hembling.

So here is MY take on "Indiana Jones and the Mayan Secret." This is just chapter 1. Unfortunately, I only completed two chapters by the contest's deadline, but I will definitely be finishing this story. My plan is to try to post one chapter every 2 weeks for the next two months, for four chapters in total. (Roughly.) Chapter 2 is already finished and I will post that in a week or two.

In any event, hope you enjoy this new PN! Personally, I am really looking forward to seeing all the entries!

Thanks!

IJMS001.jpg

IJMS002.jpg

IJMS003.jpg

IJMS004.jpg

IJMS005.jpg

IJMS006.jpg

IJMS007.jpg

IJMS008.jpg

IJMS009.jpg

IJMS010.jpg

IJMS011.jpg

IJMS012.jpg

IJMS013.jpg

IJMS014.jpg

IJMS015.jpg

IJMS016.jpg

IJMS017.jpg

IJMS018.jpg

IJMS019.jpg

IJMS020.jpg

IJMS021.jpg

IJMS022.jpg

IJMS023.jpg

IJMS024.jpg

IJMS025.jpg

IJMS026.jpg

IJMS027.jpg

IJMS028.jpg

IJMS029.jpg

IJMS030.jpg

IJMS031.jpg

IJMS032.jpg

IJMS033.jpg

IJMS034.jpg

IJMS035.jpg

IJMS036.jpg

IJMS037.jpg

IJMS038.jpg

IJMS039.jpg

IJMS040.jpg

IJMS041.jpg

IJMS042.jpg

IJMS043.jpg

IJMS044.jpg

IJMS045.jpg

IJMS046.jpg

IJMS047.jpg

IJMS048.jpg

IJMS049.jpg

IJMS050.jpg

IJMS051.jpg

IJMS052.jpg

IJMS053.jpg

IJMS054.jpg

IJMS055.jpg

IJMS056.jpg

IJMS057.jpg

IJMS058.jpg

IJMS059.jpg

IJMS060.jpg

IJMS061.jpg

IJMS062.jpg

IJMS063.jpg

Stoo

LANCE! Love the logo dissolve, the cliché characters & dialogue, the setting and the colour schemes (with nice, juicy ones in the jungle). A+

Sgt. Lee must be Wan Li (a.k.a. Short Round). Very cool.:cool:

Temple of FUBAR! Ha!:D Good cliffhanger, too...

Lance Quazar

Stoo said:
LANCE! Love the logo dissolve, the cliché characters & dialogue, the setting and the colour schemes (with nice, juicy ones in the jungle). A+

THANK you!! :)

Sgt. Lee must be Wan Li (a.k.a. Short Round). Very cool.:cool:

Yes indeed! I tried to make it a little more obvious. Sgt. Lee has personalized his helmet with the New York Giants baseball logo, but it's hard to make out in almost all of the pictures.

Temple of FUBAR! Ha!:D Good cliffhanger, too...

Thanks again very much for the feedback. Hope you enjoy the story as it progresses.

Lance Quazar

Dr. Gonzo said:
An A+ "B movie"...

In true Indy style, I hope. :hat:

I'm still broken-hearted than we never saw the conclusion of "Rise of the Dead", but having been sweating over this project the past month, I certainly understand why.

Playing with toys is friggin' HARD!

:gun:

Lance Quazar

Oh my!!!

I just realized that I failed to properly credit one of our own forum members here for his fantastic contribution to this chapter!

Our very own inky_skin, Phillip Scott himself, is responsible for crafting the SPECTACULAR custom head for the Nazi villain who appears at the end of the chapter.

The original head comes from a GI Joe "Crimson Guard" figure -

http://www.yojoe.com/action/08/crimsonguard10.shtml

But Inky sculpted and painted a mustache and beard that are SO amazing you'd never know it was a custom job.

So thank you very much!

And stay tuned, much much more of his extraordinary custom skills will feature prominently in Chapter 2 and the rest of the series.

So come on, Raveners, dive in.

:)

Montana Smith

Really well done, Lance. That wasn't just a few snapshots cobbled together but a labour of love!

Really like the sense of pace and the motion effects. (y)

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
Awesome work Lance! heading over to check out chapter 2 now!

Thanks very much, Billy! Glad you're digging it!

kongisking said:
I confess, that was a lot of fun. Intrigued to see where it is going. Good work!

Much appreciated! Hope the story doesn't disappoint. :)

indyclone25 said:
loving it!!!!!

The Drifter said:
Now this is some good stuff!

Thanks very much, guys! This feedback really, really means a lot and keeps my enthusiasm for the project going! :)

Montana Smith said:
Really well done, Lance. That wasn't just a few snapshots cobbled together but a labour of love!

Really like the sense of pace and the motion effects. (y)

Thanks Montana! A labor of love indeed, often far more labor than love. But I'm happy with the results...at least so far. We'll see when I drop the ball on this one. :)

RE: the motion blur - experimented a while with different visual gimmicks because figures can look so damn static on their own. I think maybe it's a little goofy looking, but definitely better than nothing.

:)

Scarchaeologist

Wow! I greatly enjoyed this story. It did take a bit to load all of the pics, but it was worth it! Might be better to put them all in a zip file or post them on Deviantart or something. Might make it easier to load the pics, but whatever way you decide, I enjoyed this story. :) :D

bebop

Nice Job!

I really enjoyed your project. It had a great sense of humor and the design and layout of the action worked well. Looking forward to seeing Chapter 2!:)