Profiles in History auction

TheFedora

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Old Bonhams auctions had some nice documents, of interest if only for pricing.

Raiders scripts:
http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21427/lot/304
http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/15844/lot/232

Crusade documents:
http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21948/lot/132
http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21948/lot/133

Sea Monarch

Man, if only it was tax season right now and I didn't have bigger fish to fry, maybe one of those scripts could realistically be mine. That's one advantage (and simultaneous disadvantage) to being momentarily single. You get to have crazy lapses in judgement and spend top dollar on essentially useless pieces of paper. ;)

Although, had Raiders not yet been made, those scripts could accurately be deemed PRICELESS! (y)

Too bad much of those auction items are for just paper collectibles, albeit "sacred" paper! LOL!

However, I'd be lying if I said that S&W Mk II didn't get my pulse racing a bit. That is definitely one of the greatest key Indy props IMO!

There are better ways to spend that kinda money, including benevolent charities, which I would hope some of these auction proceeds could possibly go to, but one can dream of getting the opportunity to :gun: Hahaha!

Although I would rather have Young Indy's house in Utah that was sold a few years back.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
H3257-L78856655.jpg

Here's a heretofore unknown 4th draft of Radiers, which sold with other goodies this month. The fifth draft soon followed. Notice even at the big auction houses you can't trust the page number claims, they're almost certainly looking at the last scene number.

Le Saboteur

RaiderMitch said:
Wonder whatever happened to the voodoo doll prop

Well, we might finally have an answer to that question.

It seems that a veritable treasure trove of Hollywood collectibles are going up for auction at the end of September by the Prop Store. I haven't gone through the complete list yet, but you can buy Sam Jackson's Bad Ass Mofo wallet from Pulp Fiction and a bullwhip from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Hope you got some money, though. The bullwhip is starting at ~$32,000 and the wallet is asking for ~$12,000. Both will probably go over asking price. A lot of the items are viewable to our European brethren at London's Odean BFI IMAX. Can't be in London for the physical auction on the 26th of September? No worries! You can bid online or over the phone!

Wired has a blurb about the auction over here. There isn't much else to say, but they do have a nice sample of pictures including said bullwhip and Data's trench coat from The Goonies!

I'll see you at Bring Cash Alley.

The full list for those well heeled members is available over here.

The search form seems kind of wonky. I've put in 'Indiana Jones', 'Indy', and 'Jones' and gotten different results. Or, rather, incomplete results. This seems to have offered the best results: Indiana. That one includes the voodoo doll from Temple of Doom as well as the full-sized(!?) bi-plane from The Last Crusade and The Mummy. There's a production script and a pair of crew screening passes from Raiders of the Lost Ark too.

Stop reading now! Go remortgage the house and start bidding!

TheFedora

Le Saboteur said:
Well, we might finally have an answer to that question.

It seems that a veritable treasure trove of Hollywood collectibles are going up for auction at the end of September by the Prop Store. I haven't gone through the complete list yet, but you can buy Sam Jackson's Bad Ass Mofo wallet from Pulp Fiction and a bullwhip from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Hope you got some money, though. The bullwhip is starting at ~$32,000 and the wallet is asking for ~$12,000. Both will probably go over asking price. A lot of the items are viewable to our European brethren at London's Odean BFI IMAX. Can't be in London for the physical auction on the 26th of September? No worries! You can bid online or over the phone!

Wired has a blurb about the auction over here. There isn't much else to say, but they do have a nice sample of pictures including said bullwhip and Data's trench coat from The Goonies!

I'll see you at Bring Cash Alley.

The full list for those well heeled members is available over here.

The search form seems kind of wonky. I've put in 'Indiana Jones', 'Indy', and 'Jones' and gotten different results. Or, rather, incomplete results. This seems to have offered the best results: Indiana. That one includes the voodoo doll from Temple of Doom as well as the full-sized(!?) bi-plane from The Last Crusade and The Mummy. There's a production script and a pair of crew screening passes from Raiders of the Lost Ark too.

Stop reading now! Go remortgage the house and start bidding!

Yeah I would if I had any money at all but this kind of stuff will get real expensive real fast. I think the only thing Indy related from the movies I ever tried to bid on was a Indy Crew jacket from Raiders that went for 200 on prosper like an year ago and i decided that was too much for me. :(

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The Prop Store Temple of Doom script has blue April revision pages, while the yellow March pages they replaced are kept nearby. Very nice of someone, but there's probably nothing not included in the two scripts on the main site.

Asking: $1350 - $2025. September 26.

Hartmurmur

Collecting experiences - how to police the bad apples?

The stuff on Prop Store is really amazing, and they seem to be one of the few places of movie memorabilia that's truly legit.

eBay is a dangerous place, and I know from personal experience about some dubious and downright lying Indiana Jones collectors. I'm sure they're just a few spoiled apples out of a very large barrel, but I just wish there was a way to police those sellers.

What is everyone's experience with Throw Me The Idol, The Collectors Covenant, or I Hate Snakes? Are there any that are considered more reputable than others? I'm pretty new to collecting, and had bad experiences with eBay sellers in the past.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Bonhams

Merged two auction threads of equal size.

Checking out some old Bonhams lots:
Three Raiders of the Lost Ark advertising artwork concepts
I could probably draw better than this.
A group of original press kits from the three "Indiana Jones" films
Probably nothing earth shattering inside, but need to get some scanned someday.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: two revised scripts and call sheets
I do like their large images and how their links don't expire.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: 5 storyboards
Some items apparently didn't sell. Maybe a deal was made later.
Unit lists for 'Indiana Jones & The Temple Of Death' and 'Greystoke'
Five quid! There are still deals to be found.