Indy's fiancees, ever get tired of them?

vf wing

Funny story, Stoo, as Scandal resonated with me for the exact same reason! It didn't go as well for me, since I somehow expected to retain both girls once I exposed my own chicanery, and ended up losing both. Years later, I concluded it was better to just be up front about the whole thing to everybody, and it worked out somewhat better, more or less.

But that's another story :hat:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
To a degree, it's funny coz I can relate to Scandal (but in a different way to the rest of you, lol). I was in the position of Anne Heche's character- to the guy at the time, I was pretty in personality, (but in his words), "B-grade" in beauty, so there was this other girl too, whom he traded me up for when there were rumours I was moving out of town, however I did suspect him cheating on me, (which he was) and getting him to admit it was the hardest thing, he kept trying to sweet-talk his way out of the subject by telling me that "all he wanted was me." I'm ok about it now, I just wished I hadn't of taking it so seriously back then but as Stoo said, you don't forget your first romance. Of course, the next guy I dated wasn't any better either... but that's a different story.

So, I guess there's a reason why I have remained single for the past 3 years...

Twilightpro101

Jeremiah Jones said:
I find 'girlfriends' are always alot easier to come by when you're traveling.. meh, I always found it amusing, and anyway its not 'that' many girls. I always saw it as a sorta running joke, even remy refers to it 'in love again eh?'

Only that Italian nurse did I find ridiculous, no explanation at all, while I love scandel of 1920

Had the same problem. Otherwise, I enjoyed the one shot girlfriends, whenever they popped up.

Indy Croft

man i'm getting jealous of all you fans(n) I see you all had more than one girl/boy friends... I never had one until last year and I'm still having trouble finding one this year too...:( That like i said before is one of the reasons why i get annoyed by indy's girls...

Indy's Fist

As soon as he was with a chick I was thinking, "So how does she get to not be with Indy forever?" I mean we all knew she'd be gone somehow by the end of the show.

Raiders90

I figured a complete list (compiled from the films, novels and video games, which are all the sources used in the Ultimate Guide and Lost Journal) of Indy's love interests would be cool

Princess Sophie (1908)
Nancy Stratamyer, (1915?-1916)
Maggie Lemass (1916)
Vicky Prentiss (1916)
Mata Hari (1917) + PSP
Maya (1917) PSP
Giulietta (1918) Possible PSP
Unnamed Nurse (1918) PSP
Molly Walder (1918; Engaged 1918) + PSP
Amy Wharton (1919) Possible PSP
Lily (1919) + C
Margaret “Peggy” Peabody (1920) Possible PSP
Kate Rivers (1920) Possible PSP
Gloria Schuyler (1920) Possible PSP
Claire Lieberman (1920) Possible PSP
Dorian Belecamus (1922) PSP
Deirdre Campbell-Jones (1925-1926; Married 1926) PSP
Marion Ravenwood (1926) PSP
Sophia Hapgood (1929) Possible PSP
Alecia Dunstan (March 1933-October 1933) PSP
Mei Ling (1935) Possible PSP
Willie Scott (1935) Inferred PSP
Marion Ravenwood (1936-1937) PSP
Elsa Schneider (1938) PSP
Sophia Hapgood (1939) Possible PSP
Marie Arnoux (1943)
Sophia Hapgood (1947-1948?)
Marion Ravenwood-Jones (Married 1957-) PSP

+= Deceased as of 1957.
PSP= Involved or Possibly involved in Primitive Sexual Practices/Carnal Relationship

Last edited:
Regarding your possible 'PSP's in this rather hilarious list... my god, I wouldn't like to see one for myself..

Giuletta,- definably no PSP, she was a 1918 Italian country girl seemingly as delicate as a flower petal.. the kiss was as far as it went.. definitely, I cannot see anything further happening.

Amy Wharton, possible PSP, but I'd say at the somewhat unlikely side of PSP. Indy went home every evening to his father, she went to her mother, unless they rented out a hotel room during the day, very unlikely in the 1920s, also extremely unlikely considering her reaction to their first kiss.. maybe, but doubtful PSP

Margaret, Kate and Gloria.. well with Kate and Gloria I'd say definite PSP, he lived with Kate who was a girl somewhat ahead of his time. That date with Gloria where he fell asleep seemed to indicate other dates of that nature would go somewhat further, but as for Margaret.. No way.

As for Claire, definitely I'd say..

<sigh> now I must sleep. Obviously I've been awake too long if I'm sitting here seriously discussing Indy's sex life..

Raiders90

Montana Smith said:
...and there I was thinking Indy was a sophistictated kind of guy! Now I can't help but think of Indy going out clubbing...like Captain Caveman!

Hey, a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do! He did say he was an authority in the field of Primitive Sexual Practices (tm)

Adventure Girl

Yeah, he did go a bit overboard with the girls.:rolleyes:

Personaly I liked him with the girls in the movies(Marion, Willie and Elsa).

Raiders112390 said:
Hey, a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do! He did say he was an authority in the field of Primitive Sexual Practices (tm)
yep that's certainly a ture statement right there.

Last edited by a moderator:

dr.jones1986

Raiders112390 said:
I figured a complete list (compiled from the films, novels and video games, which are all the sources used in the Ultimate Guide and Lost Journal) of Indy's love interests would be cool

Princess Sophie (1908)
Nancy Stratamyer, (1915?-1916)
Maggie Lemass (1916)
Vicky Prentiss (1916)
Mata Hari (1917) + PSP
Maya (1917) PSP
Giulietta (1918) Possible PSP
Unnamed Nurse (1918) PSP
Molly Walder (1918; Engaged 1918) + PSP
Amy Wharton (1919) Possible PSP
Lily (1919) + C
Margaret “Peggy” Peabody (1920) Possible PSP
Kate Rivers (1920) Possible PSP
Gloria Schuyler (1920) Possible PSP
Claire Lieberman (1920) Possible PSP
Dorian Belecamus (1922) PSP
Deirdre Campbell-Jones (1925-1926; Married 1926) PSP
Marion Ravenwood (1926) PSP
Sophia Hapgood (1929) Possible PSP
Alecia Dunstan (March 1933-October 1933) PSP
Mei Ling (1935) Possible PSP
Willie Scott (1935) Inferred PSP
Marion Ravenwood (1936-1937) PSP
Elsa Schneider (1938) PSP
Sophia Hapgood (1939) Possible PSP
Marie Arnoux (1943)
Sophia Hapgood (1947-1948?)
Marion Ravenwood-Jones (Married 1957-) PSP

+= Deceased as of 1957.
PSP= Involved or Possibly involved in Primitive Sexual Practices/Carnal Relationship

I am so glad to know I am not the only one who has thought about how many women Indy has slept with. You forgot Maggie O'Malley from "The Staff of Kings" although there isn't enough character development to let you know if they slept together or not. It is implied that he slept with Marie Arnoux in Army of the Dead. It seems safe to say that Indy's adventures have included at least 10 women. Willie Scott seems to be the only love interest from the movies that we cannot say for certain wheather or not he slept with her. I don't think he slept with Maya in "Daredevils of the desert." I was always curious wheather or not he slept with Edith Wharton, it is left kinda ambigious (when Lowell Thomas looks at them while they leave after dinner).

dr.jones1986

By the way, I was just flipping through "The Hollow Earth" and Indy says he never slept with Alecia. He was afraid that if he did she would die, because of the curse of the crystal skull of Cozan. This is on page 132 I believe.

Joosse

That really doesn't seem like a lot to me.

I'd hate to count all my former love interests... :eek:

And remember, at that time they didn't have tv or internet, so sleeping with each other was a common way to pass the time...

Raiders90

One must wonder if any of Indy's encounters, especially the one night stands like with the nurse in Tales of Innocence, ever resulted in any other children besides Mutt. Remember, this was before the age when birth control was all that mainstream...

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
...especially the one night stands like with the nurse in Tales of Innocence,...
It's possible but we don't really know for sure if Indy & the nurse 'did the deed', so to speak. While it's somewhat implied, it's not explicity shown/stated.

If Indy did have any other offspring from his hanky-panky in those days, Mutt would have an older brother or sister out there somewhere...

Stoo

@Sharkey-baby: I thought you had already seen them?:confused: Anyway, you might be able to sink your teeth into the show (pun intended). Looking for opinions? Read these threads:

The Young Indiana Jones appreciation thread..
Young Indy = Awesome.
The Young Indy Chronicles were really really bad...
So What's The Appeal?
I got a problem with them...
Not a fan...

Back on topic: The only Young Indy girls who rub me the wrong way are Rosa from Petrograd (nice person but unappealing for my tastes) and Gloria from "Scandals", who is a spoiled ditz (...and people think Willie Scott is irritating).

Demitasse

@Stoo: Ha, I kind of liked Rosa. Totally sweet and unassuming. It's weird that Indy rejected her (or anyone at all for that matter as he seems pretty indiscriminant in the chronicles!) Maybe he rejected her for her political ideology...? How about Maggie Lemass? She was a pretty vapid and cringe-worthy character. I would have liked to see things work out with that bland Molly from Istanbul, but that whole thing was built on a lie and you get to see what a cad Indy was!! He's pretty dark in that episode. What woman would still choose "Nils" after being lied to so bad?! Hard to swallow!

How about the leading ladies that never were? Margaret Trappe from Phantom Train, Nadia from Espionage and Maya from Daredevils??

How about Scandal? Who would you have picked? Peggy, Kate, Gloria? Always thoght that would be a great thread (albeit kinda male-centric)...