Why is it, even though you own the dvd's...

Why is it that even though we own the dvd's or bluerays of all the films. We dont tend to get them out and watch them. Yet if any of the movies are on tv we'll watch every one. Even with advert breaks.

Its crazy.... all I can think is its not laziness or forgettting that we have them but more of a sense that other people will be watching them as well. Almost community viewing rather than hiding away on your own.

That or it is just me and I am lazy and forgetful.

Cuing up a DVD or Netflix is a commitment. You're saying, "I'm going to watch this." Finding it randomly allows you to tune in and out, do other things, utilize commercials, etc.

TheFedora

I'll be honest. I own a box set of the dvds of all four of the movies. However I havent really watched them in a long time in full. Booting up the dvd and all of that... I dont know why. Just dont have time. :(

Sea Monarch

doppelganger said:
Why is it that even though we own the dvd's or bluerays of all the films. We dont tend to get them out and watch them. Yet if any of the movies are on tv we'll watch every one. Even with advert breaks.

Its crazy.... all I can think is its not laziness or forgettting that we have them but more of a sense that other people will be watching them as well. Almost community viewing rather than hiding away on your own.

That or it is just me and I am lazy and forgetful.
Speak for yourself. I have a couple of my Indy Jones DVD's within reach of my disc player back at home at this very moment. I had Last Crusade on a continuous loop last week and Crystal Skull and Raiders two weeks prior. They are some of my favorite go-to feel good movies, especially when I want a pick me up or to watch a great adventure flick since they are the best!
Admittedly, sometimes I'll have them on while doing house work and tune in and out, but usually I'll give them full attention, as with last few weeks.

Now I'm due to watch TOD soon, and wanting to watch bonus feature documentaries again soon. Sometimes I try to take a year between views, just to keep them fresh and not get bored with them, but I find I seldom tied of them. Excited, because a couple of my buddies haven't seen them in a long time, and only once, so they barely remember them, so I'll be reintroducing them to Raiders on Blu-Ray on their giant screen 4K TV soon. They're in for a treat. Btw, you are right in that I also sometimes drop what I'm doing and will watch them immediately if they happen to be on TV. (y)

Joosse

This weekend, my girlfriend and I are going to a convention in Belgium. She will be wearing her SOC Marion outfit there, and I will naturally be dressed as Indy.

So last night, after dinner, I suggested putting on a DVD. She's a big Buffy fan so I suggested putting that on.

But she turned to me and said: "Honey, can we please watch Raiders of the Lost Arc tonight? I'm really in the mood for that right now."

And all I could think was I LOVE THIS WOMAN!

Z dweller

Joosse said:
This weekend, my girlfriend and I are going to a convention in Belgium. She will be wearing her SOC Marion outfit there, and I will naturally be dressed as Indy.

So last night, after dinner, I suggested putting on a DVD. She's a big Buffy fan so I suggested putting that on.

But she turned to me and said: "Honey, can we please watch Raiders of the Lost Arc tonight? I'm really in the mood for that right now."

And all I could think was I LOVE THIS WOMAN!
You, sir, are a lucky guy! (y)

bingothehutt

Watching them now...no dvd required!

I watch mine every so often, but don't have a lot of time to watch movies. So, I just watch them in my head! hahaha. I've watched them all, yes...Crystal Skull too...so often that I can pretty much play back an entire movie in my mind's eye, and all without having to go dig out the disks! I know...I know, pathetic! hahaha.