Brave

RedeemedChild

WillKill4Food said:
How is it that the same poster would post a whole new thread on the same topic?

Anyway, hopefully this will fare better than Cars 2. I don't know how a Grimm tradition fairy tale will go over.

Oops! I'm sorry guys. I had totally forgotten that I'd made thread. Indeed, I had almost forgotten that Pixar was still working on Brave until this week. I've been very busy guys so please be patient with me. I'm going through of stress. Please keep my family and I in your prayers.

TheMutt92

Not good quality at all, but this may tide some people over till we get an official HD release:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wgW8UYKR18Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RedeemedChild

@TheMutt92, that is the BEST trailer I've seen since the teaser for DreamWorks 'How To Train Your Dragon' and Disney's 'Tangled'.

Out of all the Pixar movies that I've seen it looks as if Brave is going to best of the best. The movie poster and the trailer are powerful beyond words. I seriously hope the tie-in video games will be as good as the movie.
Does anyone think that Brave could or might become an ongoing saga for Pixar like How To Train Your Dragon and Shrek?

TheMutt92

RedeemedChild said:
@TheMutt92, that is the BEST trailer I've seen since the teaser for DreamWorks 'How To Train Your Dragon' and Disney's 'Tangled'.

Out of all the Pixar movies that I've seen it looks as if Brave is going to best of the best. The movie poster and the trailer are powerful beyond words. I seriously hope the tie-in video games will be as good as the movie.
Does anyone think that Brave could or might become an ongoing saga for Pixar like How To Train Your Dragon and Shrek?

There's something about this trailer, its dark and mysterious... more adult... I'm excited :D

And considering the outrage people are having the Pixar has sequelfied on us, I hope (and doubt) this will be a franchise.

TheMutt92

HD Trailer

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tYg0VgPy6Uk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RedeemedChild

Well, now that I've seen that better quality trailer I've got to say I'm really excited about the movie more than ever. It's looks wonderful. The ambience of the film is like Dragon Nest meets How To Train Your Dragon meets Harry Potter.

Le Saboteur

Seen this? Yeah, neither did I. Seems like the first full-length trailer for Brave was released with little fanfare on the 'net a couple of months ago.

Dig it.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TEHWDA_6e3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Le Saboteur

Disney has released the latest poster for Brave featuring their ginger maned heroine, Merida!

Clink on the image for the full-sized image!

Disney-Pixar also released an extended scene from the flick a couple of days back. Check out the level of detail in the character models and effects, especially towards the end of the scene.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y4EZULqhP2E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The official site has been updated with a short synopsis and a handful of character biographies. Proceed with caution as always if you're trying to avoid any possible spoilers.

Is anybody else slightly put off by the amount of humor that's dominated the advertising since the original teaser was released? I'll wait to reserve final judgement, but it's not what I was looking for from Pixar this time around.

kongisking

Le Saboteur said:
Is anybody else slightly put off by the amount of humor that's dominated the advertising since the original teaser was released? I'll wait to reserve final judgement, but it's not what I was looking for from Pixar this time around.

This is nothing new. Kids films always have trailers that emphasize the humor, esxpeically the more juvenile jokes, to try and lure kiddies in. But for those of us who know Pixar, the films themselves tend to be unbelievably great, so I'm not worried.

Le Saboteur

Four new character posters were released via Entertainment Weekly this past week. You'll have to click through several pages since site runners love page hits.

Brave_character_posters.jpg

roundshort

Wow, I never thought PIXAR woudl ever have made such a horrible movie. On the raod and wanted to catch up on missed movies so I purchased this - Man that was bad. Didn't they do this already with Brothr Bear? ugh.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Marketing movie, this one is. Marketing. Though I do think it ranks above Cars2.

But, yes, it was a very tired story. And they didn't hide it very well.

roundshort

I have to admire Cars 2 for what it was - a mad grab for cash and a platfrom to promote Cars Land (Pale have you heard of this?)

What was Brave marketing for? The Ginger audience? Hell the largest Sperm bank in the world won't even take donations from gingers as nobody wants them.

What next, target the highly lucrative Albino audience?