View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #38
Temple Raider
IndyFan

I first saw TLC when I was about 8 or 9, caught it on the USA Network. I saw TOD first when I was probably just a year or two old and ROTLA not long after that. I'd spent my childhood with ROTLA and TOD, and didn't even know TLC existed until I caught it on USA. Imagine my surprise when I found out about another IJ film existing.

I understand what you mean that being that TLC was Henry, Sr.'s first appearance in the series that we had no idea of what he was like. What I should've been more specific about was I just didn't feel the more silly moments his character had didn't fit because I would've expected the man who's Indy's father to come off as far more noble and intelligent, and in many ways an older version of Indy himself whom was a mirror image in some ways.

About the dog moment, it's not that I forgot about it in the film, I just forgot to mention it before in the discussion. It doesn't really bother me per say but it does strike me as a little odd that Indy's namesake comes from the family dog of all things, but it's actually not a negative for me, mind you. Just something I find bizarre.
Temple Raider is offline   Reply With Quote