Gwendoline Christie for Indy V

Mickiana

If he used her head as a speed ball and uttered a few nyuk nyuk nyuks, yeah then I would say they stuffed it. But physical presence in his adversaries has been a bit of a tradition I think, don't you? If done cleverly, with wit and cunning written into the scene(s) then I cannot see why not. She's only 6'3', not 7'3'. She's unusual, not freakish. I've met woman 6'5' or taller and they didn't seem freakish, just a few of the times I've had to look up to a woman while standing in front of them!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Low accuracy but high precision on this pick for Lucasfilm.

If you're catching up on Game of Thrones, this will spoil a lot. Gwendoline Christie is still in it. I was hoping Indy alums Julian Glover Jim Broadbent would share the screen but they (spoiler) just missed each other between seasons 6 and 7.

Forbidden Eye

Never seen Game Of Thrones, so my only knowledge of her is from The Force Awakens(I guess LucasFilm generally had the same mindset that Toht's Arm did).

Given the history of Indiana Jones reusing Star Wars actors, it's entirely possible her being in Indiana Jones 5, though it's not exactly something I would want.

Toht's Arm

Ooh, this is a blast from the past. I forgot I started this thread. I stand by my suggestion! Haha.

I'm pretty sure this suggestion was from before THAT mountaintop fight scene in GoT, where she really impressed.

Drones33

DoomsdayFAN said:
No, no, no. Keep that beast away from the Indy franchise.
I`m with Doomsday on this. You can almost hear the suits at Disney...

"Guys! Guys! Ive got a BRILLIANT idea for Indy 5! You know how in those old Indiana Jones movies... Temple of the Lost Crusade or whatever... Indy often has to have a fight with a big bad guy. Well, what if this time the big bad guy... is a GIRL! How awesome is that! Get me Gwendoline Christie."

Let`s not.

Z dweller

Maybe it's not such a bad idea.

An old geezer in a fisticuff with a tall chick, seems fair.

At his age, Indy wouldn't stand a chance against the German mechanic or Dovchenko... :p

Face_Melt

Z dweller said:
Maybe it's not such a bad idea.

An old geezer in a fisticuff with a tall chick, seems fair.

At his age, Indy wouldn't stand a chance against the German mechanic or Dovchenko... :p

Isn?t that the point though? Indy never stands a chance, he wins by luck usually. Old age should just enhance that scenario.